Can we export the MFDs to a 2nd screen like the A10?

Cowboy10uk

Downloaded the software and everything went well but I can not connect to the server.

The installation video says to launch the app on your device.

Change any settings necessary to connect to the server.

Not sure what this means as the app is already on my desktop and I can't change any server settings.

The six check marks are green and I can't get a connection.

Any ideas on what I might be missing?

• Like 1

My problem is slightly different, see screenshots:

Screen_171207_133904.png

Screen_171207_133915.png

Screen_171207_133917.png

Right MPCD shows in the right top corner, but the left one does also, and when I display both they get superimposed on each other.

What do I need to do to change the left MPCD to the left corner? I have a 3440x1440 display.

Edited by Koriel

Splash, I'm new at this. Could you please post your monitor lua.

DC

See https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2616874&postcount=799 for step by step instruction.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

+ 1

I'm lost how to export to a 2nd monitor. My lower monitor has lower res than my main.

I got it working with the A10 years ago but I've lost my settings and forgot how to calculate

It's no problem. Here it is my screen configuration in Windows 7. First monitor (number 3 for Windows) is 1920x1080, second (number 1) and third (number 2) one's are 800x600 and fourth (number 4) is 1920x1080. Combined resolution is (1920+800+800+1920) x (1080)= 5440x1080. You have to take into account the corners:

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1920+136;

-- 1920 is just to the right of first monitor and 136 is to move it a little

-- to the right because Cougar MFD is smaller than my 8 inches monitor (800x600).

y = 1080-600+20;

-- my second monitor is lower than first monitor because is smaller, so I have to move it down. -- 20 is for the frame.

width = 530; -- size, you can play with values.

height = 530; -- size

}

What's your secondary monitor screen size?

pantallas.jpg.55d6e220b7fa88b569d966651a747088.jpg

Edited by splash

Splash, Thank you.

Now I'm not sure what to select in the Options, System, Monitors drop down menu.

DC

You have to choose "Monitor+2MFD+Monitor"

Exactly what you write in:

name = _('Monitor+2MFD+Monitor');

Description = 'Monitor+2MFD+Monitor'

My problem is slightly different, see screenshots:

Screen_171207_133904.png

Screen_171207_133915.png

Screen_171207_133917.png

Right MPCD shows in the right top corner, but the left one does also, and when I display both they get superimposed on each other.

What do I need to do to change the left MPCD to the left corner? I have a 3440x1440 display.

Probably you have to modify LEFT_MFCD x coordinate and put "0" if you want to have that MFD in the left upper corner of main screen.

Probably you have to modify LEFT_MFCD x coordinate and put "0" if you want to have that MFD in the left upper corner of main screen.

But what file do I need to edit?

d:\DCS 1.5 OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup\ has a few lua files, but since I only use 1 monitor I would guess I need to use the 1Camera.lua and there is no option for for either MPCD.

d:\DCS 1.5 OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup\ has a few lua files, but since I only use 1 monitor I would guess I need to use the 1Camera.lua and there is no option for for either MPCD.

It's all in the link I posted a few posts back.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

For those of you that are having an issue with exporting the 2 MFCDs. Here is a really easy way to do it. Just run the program and you can drag and drop the displays where you want them...it will automatically set up the game: https://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html I'm using the 64 bit version and it works perfectly. Allows you to just drag the displays where you want them. It works perfectly with the AV-8B

Thanks. GreekBull.

I used that program and it works in the A10. AV8B no joy.

Someone mentioned you need to bind 2 spare key presses to get the MFD's active for this module? If so how?

Edit. Thanks got it working found the bind commands in the keystroke menu

Edited by Novac-185th

It's no problem. Here it is my screen configuration in Windows 7. First monitor (number 3 for Windows) is 1920x1080, second (number 1) and third (number 2) one's are 800x600 and fourth (number 4) is 1920x1080. Combined resolution is (1920+800+800+1920) x (1080)= 5440x1080. You have to take into account the corners:

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1920+136;

-- 1920 is just to the right of first monitor and 136 is to move it a little

-- to the right because Cougar MFD is smaller than my 8 inches monitor (800x600).

y = 1080-600+20;

-- my second monitor is lower than first monitor because is smaller, so I have to move it down. -- 20 is for the frame.

width = 530; -- size, you can play with values.

height = 530; -- size

}

What's your secondary monitor screen size?

Thanks Splash I got it working via a program suggested by Greekbull. It works out all of the calculations.

Last piece of the puzzle was the key bindings to activate them.

I'd like to say thanks very much for the in depth reply. I must try and learn this the original way though. Once again thanks.

Edited by Novac-185th

You can edit 1camera.lua in your installation folder (could be modified by some update) or copy the attached file in C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\MonitorSetup (I added coordinates for LEFT MFCD). It will appear in menu as "1 Screen modified".

1Camera_mod.lua

• Like 1

You can edit 1camera.lua in your installation folder (could be modified by some update) or copy the attached file in C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\MonitorSetup (I added coordinates for LEFT MFCD). It will appear in menu as "1 Screen modified".

Txs!.. working on getting the Harrier installed in 2.2, and will try this solution in there and 1.58!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

I have my 3 monitors set up (by using the HSBMFD file option) and my additional screens are definately set up outside of my main window but they render the whole main screen until its just the DMT or MAV display (ie other displays are loaded over the cockpit as an example)

My set up is a 1920x1080 main screen plus 2x 800x600 screens.

I thought Razbam were working on removing the background from the MFD's being shown but reading through this thread I now think this may already possible and catered for?

HSBMFD contents below:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('HSBMFD1');

Description = '3 Screens and L-R MultiMFD'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.7;

GUI=

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

}

},

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = 1080;

width = 800;

height = 600;

},

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1120;

y = 1080;

width = 800;

height = 600;

},

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

LEFT_MFCD = Viewports.LEFT_MFCD

RIGHT_MFCD = Viewports.RIGHT_MFCD

Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

Thanks to everyone's hints and advice, I think I've got this working!

If I recall from flying the A-10C several years ago, there was a way to make it so that the MFDs did not display in the cockpit, but only on your exported MFDs. This supposedly improved frame rates. Is that also possible for the Harrier MFCDs?

Ok,

I have my 3 monitors set up (by using the HSBMFD file option) and my additional screens are definately set up outside of my main window but they render the whole main screen until its just the DMT or MAV display (ie other displays are loaded over the cockpit as an example)

My set up is a 1920x1080 main screen plus 2x 800x600 screens.

I thought Razbam were working on removing the background from the MFD's being shown but reading through this thread I now think this may already possible and catered for?

HSBMFD contents below:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('HSBMFD1');

Description = '3 Screens and L-R MultiMFD'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.7;

GUI=

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

}

},

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = 1080;

width = 800;

height = 600;

},

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1120;

y = 1080;

width = 800;

height = 600;

},

}

LEFT_MFCD = Viewports.LEFT_MFCD

RIGHT_MFCD = Viewports.RIGHT_MFCD

Regards,

Gary

Gary,

Looks like there's been another change with the updates. Try

UIMainView = GUI

instead of

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Thanks for the suggestion - no joy though unfortunately.

Before I carry on trying - is anyone able to confirm that exporting just the MFD data is possible? (rather than also showing the cockpit I mean)

Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

To turn off cockpit MFDs but still have them exported to other monitors:-

Look in the file C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua for the Line (should be around line 81):-

purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL,

And comment it out thus:-

purposes = {--render_purpose.GENERAL,

Don't forget that to export the displays, in addition to having the MFDs set up in the monitor config, you also need to enable keystrokes in-game to turn them on, unlike other aircraft (apart from the M2000). These keystrokes are not set up by default. I use a shifted command on the F-16 MFD gain button on each MFD to set this. Alternatively, something like ALT+z & Alt+x works ok.

Edited by mkiii

Oh ya baby!..going to get a 17" wide screen for my setup will have extra room for a third mfd ala hornet

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Hey quick question....on board gpu or dedicated for exporting, or does it matter?

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

I use the ports on my dedicated, don't know if on-board would work. TBH, I never thought about that...

Already have a second set of Cougar MFD's on the shelf waiting for CF-18,looking forward to it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog