Spitfire IX in 1.5.8

bart

Just tried the old girl in the latest beta release.

Great improvement on the engine sounds ED, nice touch. Good to see she got some attention. :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Oh, I haven't been flying in my Open Beta install for ages, only use it as a "file-repository" for the updater.exe of the stable release.

Thanks for the heads-up, now I can't wait to get back from work and fire it up :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

And the Me-109 too !!!

ED Rulezzzzzzz

Nice thumbup.gif

Love it when they sneak these little but important things into an update and don't let on in the change log they have done it. Gives a lovely surprise next time you fly it, like finding an easter egg! biggrin.gif

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Just tried the old girl in the latest beta release.

Great improvement on the engine sounds ED, nice touch. Good to see she got some attention. :thumbup:

I use a sound mod anyway but I might give it a try ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Nice! That's exciting, I'll have to try it. I'm not sure why that wouldn't be in the change log as that's pretty cool. Any description on the difference?

Many treat sound design as a secondary thing. They do not realise how powerful of a tool it is and how much it can do for the game. Especially for a flight sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Many treat sound design as a secondary thing. They do not realise how powerful of a tool it is and how much it can do for the game. Especially for a flight sim.

Noting less nothing more ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Nice! That's exciting, I'll have to try it. I'm not sure why that wouldn't be in the change log as that's pretty cool. Any description on the difference?

Still at work, but I remember the first snippet of new WIP sounds, posted incidentally by Yo-Yo back in summer :D

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192340&highlight=sounds&page=9

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It looks like that all WWII planes have tuned engine sound.

Dora lost its "damaged engine sound", btw.

Spitfire engine sound is definitely the best from them, now.

AND Spitfire has working mirror back :thumbup:

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Load up your bomb, a Gin and tonic, and a smoke (virtual of course, smoking is bad) and yell Tally Ho... bomb should hit dead center.

CCRP then.... depending on when you yell the Tally-Ho bit biggrin.gif

Load up your bomb, a Gin and tonic, and a smoke (virtual of course, smoking is bad) and yell Tally Ho... bomb should hit dead center.

CCRP then.... depending on when you yell the Tally-Ho bit biggrin.gif

Oh crap...this isn't going to end well. I only just got the old girl to fly in a straight line. Now I have to plummet earthwards into the jaws of death.... :pilotfly: :lol:

Nah, not much to it, unless someone plans to do some fancy very high speed aerobatics. But obviously it's good to see it here.

Out of other things, I like new Hispano sounds, new brake system sounds, fix for tailwheel bounce and slight tint of armoured windscreen. New tyre rolling sounds are OK, neither better nor worse.

On the other hand, external sound levels got messed up - now propwash noise with camera placed behind the plane is way too quiet. Also, mixture lever operation on startup is still incorrect. But any improvements are better than no improvements, as it was during last couple of months. Can't wait to see these tweaks ported to 2.1.