Spitfire IX in 1.5.8

bart

It seems to me that something changed in the spit lately.

I am not flying this bird very often but when i need ful relax i give it a shot.

Yesterday night i was in normandy just doing some gun strafin on ground target and i noticed a new thing...

I was diving, really too fast, and after blowing up stuff i recovered a bit (really just a bit... i was not pulling like :joystick:) and i my wings just jumped away from the plane :lol:

I was like: oh god ailerons are not working anymore... anyway the plane was still flying :huh:

This is new, never happened to me before yesterday night. So did something changed in the damage/structural behavior of this aircraft?

200m butterflier inside :harhar:

MERLO forever

It seems to me that something changed in the spit lately.

I am not flying this bird very often but when i need ful relax i give it a shot.

Yesterday night i was in normandy just doing some gun strafin on ground target and i noticed a new thing...

I was diving, really too fast, and after blowing up stuff i recovered a bit (really just a bit... i was not pulling like :joystick:) and i my wings just jumped away from the plane :lol:

I was like: oh god ailerons are not working anymore... anyway the plane was still flying :huh:

This is new, never happened to me before yesterday night. So did something changed in the damage/structural behavior of this aircraft?

This has always happened since initial release, at least to me :-)

The Spitfire, the 109 even the 51d can loose their wings in a pull... Only the 190 is tougher.

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

No, Spitfire still does not have any bombs or drop-tanks.

UK-type bombs and drop-tanks for Spitfire are not in A/B list of equipment

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Does sound very good although I wish Black Hat (I can't remember what he posts here as) would release his sound pack...........it's awesome and I'd gladly pay for it as an add on

On the rudder I noticed I need a lot more trim at takeoff now before I had the trim to "R" in Rudder now I'm at "O" in port. When I first tried it out at first I was getting horrid wing dips to the left.

I don't know if it's my imagination but I'm also finding landing a little different too. I wouldn't say harder but I have add to alter my style a little to get acceptable landings without visits to the spray shop.

I don't know if it's my imagination but I'm also finding landing a little different too. I wouldn't say harder but I have add to alter my style a little to get acceptable landings without visits to the spray shop.

Ah, so it's not just me. I swear it's even trickier to land now. If one wheel touches first even by a whisker it really bounces sideways. I've had to go back to the drawing board but I think I'm getting the hang of it again after a frustrating couple of nights.

Just as I thought I had it nailed again I started to get a lot of problems with landing again.

I could put it down Ok but then I was getting a really vicious swing to the left.

Now at landing I have the rudder trim between PORT & RUDDER and that seems to work a lot better.

What I don't understand is why do I need so much rudder trim on an idling engine.

Just as I thought I had it nailed again I started to get a lot of problems with landing again.

I could put it down Ok but then I was getting a really vicious swing to the left.

Now at landing I have the rudder trim between PORT & RUDDER and that seems to work a lot better.

What I don't understand is why do I need so much rudder trim on an idling engine.

At iddle you get negative propwash speed, and also any compensations for prop effects are causing right rolling and sideslip.

What I still don't like is the rudder auhtority at high cruise and higher speeds. The rudder is still too effective causing huge swing if you even only use the rudder trim...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

What I still don't like is the rudder auhtority at high cruise and higher speeds. The rudder is still too effective causing huge swing if you even only use the rudder trim...

Agree, rudder effectiveness doesn't seem to be fading with increased q to near the same degree as the other two primary flight controls. Control harmony suffers as a result.

Looking on the bright side, it seems to me that the Spit is noticeably easier to taxi - it's not quite so eager to diverge from the desired path as soon as your attention wanders, and often can be brought back into line with just a short dab of rudder. I'm finding crosswind takeoffs and landings are less of a challenge, and takeoff itself seems smoother overall than at 1.5.7. Trimming for straight and level flight is quick and easy, and once done it seems to hold the intended attitude more effectively, giving more time for fiddly head down tasks like setting a compass heading.

blue six

P.S. I wonder how much of this is just in my imagination? Wouldn't it be nice to know exactly what they've done?

P.S. I wonder how much of this is just in my imagination? Wouldn't it be nice to know exactly what they've done?

I wonder this too. I may have just been rusty after spending time on the harrier a bit lately.

In any case it seems I've gotten the hang of it again. Trimming an entire 2 notches up gives me the best success to counteract the plane wanting to nose dive with flaps down. Makes it easier to keep a nice steady descent rate with the gunsight pointing at the horizon and just a gentle pull back to flare and 3pt.

I wonder this too. I may have just been rusty after spending time on the harrier a bit lately.

In any case it seems I've gotten the hang of it again. Trimming an entire 2 notches up gives me the best success to counteract the plane wanting to nose dive with flaps down. Makes it easier to keep a nice steady descent rate with the gunsight pointing at the horizon and just a gentle pull back to flare and 3pt.

I get this feeling after every patch/update.. that something has changed.

I wonder how much of it is just placebo...

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Well, post 1.5.8 I definitely cannot perform a mag and prop check at zero boost (~2400 RPM), as per real pilot's notes, plus parking brake as I used to, 'cause the plane starts moving already.

So either the brakes got a bit weaker, or a propwash got a bit stronger. I have an impression something might have been tweaked with the latter, though, because slightly different pitch trim is required nowadays for level flight as well (about 1.5 notches down from neutral instead of 1 notch previously).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Well, post 1.5.8 I definitely cannot perform a mag and prop check at zero boost (~2400 RPM), as per real pilot's notes, plus parking brake as I used to, 'cause the plane starts moving already. .

Did you go and park on a hill just before 1.5.8 was released?

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Yeah, these changes of the flight model on every module are probably a bit annoying, well, maybe very annoying for some of us, without having anyone from ED or 3rd party devs telling us any details.. I know..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Did you go and park on a hill just before 1.5.8 was released?

Nah, parking brake and stick back were enough every time, like in Mustang :). That's why I was surprised during my first mag check attempt in 1.5.8.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team
Yeah, these changes of the flight model on every module are probably a bit annoying, well, maybe very annoying for some of us, without having anyone from ED or 3rd party devs telling us any details.. I know..

We have a lot of things to do besides changing Spitfire... all these tweaks are only within your mind.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

What really changes is your muscle memory and that could make an illusion of FM changes I suppose.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Actually, I remember as a kid "flying" our bikes :P

We had the coolest FM's too :D

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1