1.5.8 versus 1.5.7 Performance same mission

nebuluski

Tried to host multiplayer mission last night with 1.5.8. Unfortunately 1.5.8 OpenBeta pegs CPU and GPU usage at 100%. See DCS 1.5.8 30-11-17 image.

Same mission in DCS 1.5.7 sees CPU and GPU at ~40% usage, same mission no action. See DCS 1.5.7 image.

For baseline purposes, see Baseline no DCS image.

Also provided DXDiag and DCS.log files.

Also note memory usage is ~900MB more for 1.5.8.

For us as a squadron 1.5.8 is not playable in Multiplayer.

Hope this helps.

1334237317_DCS1.5.830-11-17.thumb.jpg.73fd8b75b68cf113afdf06dd9fe8c9d6.jpg

762388673_DCS1.5.7.thumb.jpg.84d6b04a25359b53914964e4f5caaf5e.jpg

1342851420_BaselinenoDCS.thumb.jpg.dddae03f97922b5e99b8a9d56df5692e.jpg

DxDiag.txt

dcs.log.txt

Edited by nebuluski
Images not showing!

Rig: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk| AMD 5600 | 32 GB DDR3 | M2 NVME Gen4 1TB SSD | Samsung EVo 850 2TB, 500 & 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 24" (1920x1200) |

2 x Iiyama 22" T2250MTS touch screen (1920x1080) | 2 x 6.4" LCD | Cougar MFDs | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The mission tested did not have the harrier in. This is purely a 1.5.8 issue. Hopefully a hotfix will eventually address this.

I have updated drivers, GPU and sound plus clean reinstall but still the same.

Rig: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk| AMD 5600 | 32 GB DDR3 | M2 NVME Gen4 1TB SSD | Samsung EVo 850 2TB, 500 & 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 24" (1920x1200) |

2 x Iiyama 22" T2250MTS touch screen (1920x1080) | 2 x 6.4" LCD | Cougar MFDs | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

We have isolated some of the issues, we just need to wait for ED to push them to public, hopefully not to long to wait.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No problem Newy, your the best!!! :kiss:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks Newy, cool!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Alas, even after the hotfix same behavior as before!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep in mind,even 1.5.7 had the Mi-8mtv and Huey 3 sec stutter issue, which is still prevalent, there is a weird freeze that happens sometimes(on my server with 30 people on it, it could be the memory leak trying to clean itself up), and I catch my DCS multiplayer server using 30/32 gigs of ram at times so there is a serious memory leak in 1.5.7, I was hoping this stuff would have been seen by the time 1.5.8 came out.

I really hope to get back to those 1.5.6 performance levels one day..... 1.5.7 was 3x slower(I can show you metrics with ground vehicles/AI), and if 1.5.8 is slower than that, this does not bode well at all!

Few Things:

1. I have extensively testing this, removing units, adding units, different types of units, Right now my server is running barebones, no AI, no boats, no convoys, 600 total units (majority of them have their AI turned off with a flag to get back performance) We really need better performance, at least 1.5.6 performance.

2. the netcode needs a lot of work, almost every time someone locks and fires on an enemy, both planes start jumping around (you can tell when the runtime for the missile object starts lol), Slingloaded crates explode with the slightest dropping force too, they need to be beefed up

3. There is a known maneuver in a fighter than can dodge a missile EVERYTIME on multiplayer (I can prove it in a private video), it's almost like the 'airburst near plane' doesn't work on MP of the plane is doing a certain technique

4. I need to check if the SA-3 turns on with the AI on and off lua hook, in 1.5.7 they would never turn back on after being turned off

5. join and leave stutter when people get into new planes and force everyone on the server to load the model and skin of the plain they get in lol

These are just bugs, I am bringing up atm in this thread to hope you guys have tickets for them, if not I can split them up and put them in the appropriate forms(for tracking) after I retest them in 1.5.8

I was going to thank you guys for fixing the weapons.dll bug(you locked the thread.. doh), that GREATLY improved gameplay!! just wished a small hotfix was pushed out next day only for that and we didn't have to wait 2 weeks to get it (bad bugs need quick fixes!, especially after waiting 4 weeks to even have it looked at, aka the public test that you did for it)

I run the Dynamic Caucasus map, one of the most populated servers on a daily basis. I will be doing lots of tests in 1.5.8 to let you guys know what I find and help squash those bugs.

Let me know I want to help!

Sincerely,

-Drex

I am serious on giving you guys an extensive professional coder/QA guy report on what I find to help you catch those bugs in the next few weeks, powerful dedicated server, very fast internet(gig fiber 940 up and down), a very populated server that uses almost every element in the game (well some of it turned off atm, boats and AI due to performance).

BTW, Harrier, Razbam, home run guys, WOW even without a lot of its features this is going to be an outstanding fun bird!

Edited by Drexx
  • Like 1

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

Solved my issue by editing c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\graphics.lua with Notepad++, as follows:

changed render3d = true to render3d = false

and

maxfps = 180 to maxfps = 30

Now both % CPU and % GPU are both as before!

Hope this helps someone else!

PLEASE NOTE THIS WAS ON A DEDICATED SERVER!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am having same problems as you guys, my spec: asus rog 1080ti i5 6600k@4.6ghz - 32gb ram ddr4 3200mhz: in singleplayer i have 165fps, in multiplayer its stuttering/juddering, it is unplyable.

In game fps counter in multiplayer shows 120/140 fps but it seems like the real fps are sometinh like 10/20 fps....i dont'k now what to change, I've resintall gpu drviers, etc etc but still the same problem.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Solved my issue by editing c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\graphics.lua with Notepad++, as follows:

changed render3d = true to render3d = false

and

maxfps = 180 to maxfps = 30

Now both % CPU and % GPU are both as before!

Hope this helps someone else!

PLEASE NOTE THIS WAS ON A DEDICATED SERVER!

Yep this does indeed seem to help on the 104th server, funny how just setting the maxFPS to 30 fixes it.

edit: spoke too soon, joined the 104th server today and the stuttering framerates are back, pretty annoying.

Edited by Mustang

same issues on my server

I have the same issues on my combatflight.nl server. Problems start 5 min in to the mission

Units appear frozen.

Cpu usage Idle on host is around 80% after 5 min the cpu usage goes down en units become unresponsive.

When clients disconnect the cpu usage goes back to 80 %

Server is running ESXi 6.5 with win 10 pro

4 cpu cores, 16 GB ram and 250 GB ssd space.

No issues on de 2.1 side of the server

https://gyazo.com/e92cb66a8ec0f6c8f1d20adf03df6625

Edited by emiliospam

Hello. Problem with FPS in new version 1.5.8. FPS is not stable. I only mention Multiplayer.

In the previous version 1.5.7 I have a vertical synchronization on. Head movements were smooth to 60 fps.

After updating to version 1.5.8 when moving the head it is not smooth. Frame rates from 55 .. 60 fps. This is very bad.

This problem is only in multiplayer. DCS World does not affect individual missions.

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello. Problem with FPS in new version 1.5.8. FPS is not stable. I only mention Multiplayer.

In the previous version 1.5.7 I have a vertical synchronization on. Head movements were smooth to 60 fps.

After updating to version 1.5.8 when moving the head it is not smooth. Frame rates from 55 .. 60 fps. This is very bad.

This problem is only in multiplayer. DCS World does not affect individual missions.

I have the same problem! What is weird is that i played like 2 hours where everything was running fine with stable fps. I disconnected and rejoined, and the problem you mentioned happend to me. Now the fps is constantly going up and down with 20 fps which makes it stutter really bad when you move your head around. It happend to me a few days ago too but somehow got fixed. I have no idea what fixed it though.

Similar issue here.

I run a 1GB line, i7 4790 at 4.7Ghz, SSD, and GTX 1080ti.

I have joined many different servers since the latest patch and experienced no stutter in some, but stutter in others. Then those same servers that were without stutter then have it.

I have also noticed that the master server list does not populate after leaving a server.

Good luck to all involved with finding the fix!

yes i hope they solve the issue as well, it has became unplayble!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I have a similar issue after the Harrier hotfix. Before the hotfix game ran fine, but after it MP stutters so much I can't play properly. Joining, immediately logging out and rejoining lessens the stutter but does not eliminate it. Happens in MP regardless of aircraft and even in spectator cameras.

Singleplayer runs normally.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

I have the same problem! What is weird is that i played like 2 hours where everything was running fine with stable fps. I disconnected and rejoined, and the problem you mentioned happend to me. Now the fps is constantly going up and down with 20 fps which makes it stutter really bad when you move your head around. It happend to me a few days ago too but somehow got fixed. I have no idea what fixed it though.

Similar issue here.

I run a 1GB line, i7 4790 at 4.7Ghz, SSD, and GTX 1080ti.

I have joined many different servers since the latest patch and experienced no stutter in some, but stutter in others. Then those same servers that were without stutter then have it.

I have also noticed that the master server list does not populate after leaving a server.

Good luck to all involved with finding the fix!

In multiplayer.

I've set up vertical synchronization. Frame rates I have about 140 fps.

When moving head animation bounces, even if I have stable fps 140.

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep this does indeed seem to help on the 104th server, funny how just setting the maxFPS to 30 fixes it.

edit: spoke too soon, joined the 104th server today and the stuttering framerates are back, pretty annoying.

When setting render3d = false, a blue screen without animation appears. When setting a maximum of 30 fps, the image still bounces when viewed. Maybe worse.

Thanks for advice.

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have been running these settings for many many months (autoexec.cfg),

options.graphics.maxfps = 5

options.graphics.Render3D = disabled

So everything I have stated previously still happens WITH those settings (ran them in the glorious 1.5.6 days, up till now)

Edited by Drexx

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608