FC and Vista

Hi all,

can anyone please tell me if its possible to install flaming cliffs on Vista?

I'm having SF problems.

Thx

If you have the 64bit version of Vista then you probably need a 64bit patch for SF! (Anyway this is the case with XP 64bit version)

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Hi TucksonSonny, thank you for your quick reply

no, i'm on 32bit version, everytime I try to activate I get a starforce error message, is this normal ?

Eeeh, How is your russian?

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=19517&highlight=vista :D

Can you run it in XP compatibility mode?

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

lol, bit rusty, I'm afraid :smartass:

I've finally managed to install the game after applying SF patch

Prob now is that the Saved registry keys are not working, suppose

there's nothing I can do about it, right, as they are from previous activations on XP. Is there a way to solve this besides buying some more keys ?

thanks for your time :thumbup:

The starforce update absolutely worked for me. I installed FC then visited the starforce web site and downloaded the SF update and installed. Rebooted and BAM! FC in Vista! (Vista Video/sound drivers are young and still well....er...umm..suck. You have been warned.)

I am not surprised that the regsave util does not work in Vista.

Out