AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE

Wags

AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE  

441 members have voted

1. 1. AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE

• 1 Calendar Day
    • 3 Calendar Days ( Current System Under Evaluation )
    • 7 Calendar Days
    • 14 Calendar Days
    • 21 Calendar Days
    • 30 Calendar Days ( Once a Month )
    • 60 Calendar Days
    • 90 Calendar Days

You can still use DCS for 3 days without internet. Servers beeing down for that long is very uncommon. When I'm on vacation I have other things to do than playing DCS. And even if so, most hotels provide WLAN anyways.

Depends on your preferences and the weather.

And servers will likely be down forever after ED as a company seize to exist.

I can even today install DID EF 2000, With some effort and enjoy it, if I want to...

If at whatever point in time the market changes for combat flight Sims, like we have seen in the past. Everything is likely gone... and, sorry, but I doubt the usual "if that happens, XYZ will provide a patch to play without the DRM server".

I am not saying the new DRM system is bad per se, but it needs some fine tuning and hopefully a better solution for longer periods of offline play.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Depends on your preferences and the weather.

And servers will likely be down forever after ED as a company seize to exist.

and they could not, this is just hearsay

ED have said they are looking into it, when they have made a final decision they will let us know.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Well, quite a lot of other games and software even require you to get online EVERY time you want to use it, not just every few days.

This is not what I am calling a "good reason".

As long as it will be the case, I will stay away from new module. That is for sure. And I do not care if it is the same for "many other games" ... I do not play "many other games".

Want to see an evolution? ... Simple: As it has been said, nobody force "customers" to update or buy anything.

It is a bit sad because I was going to start again actively helicopter simulation ... the UH-1 is a nice module. :( I won't update to 2.5 either.

ED have said they are looking into it, when they have made a final decision they will let us know.

Yep. Lets just wait then and refrain the "purchase" desire.

Edited by Dee-Jay

TL- DR .... If it has to change, please find a fair way of allowing decent offline play.

Hi all

New to forums but been flying in DCS for a long time ... Offline.

I understand time and tech change, I have no control over what ED want to do with their product.

But I hope they give consideration to those who like to fly offline.

Currently I work during the week, I do not fly except maybe a quick mission (offline.)

Weekends I have time to fly, I have log in to fly the AV8.

Fine ok it's new and I don't fly it often.

If, from 2.5, this will apply to all the modules I brought in the past that's a big deal to me

(and others here. I never had a problem with starforce, but I wasn't changing my hardware often.)

Is it not possible to tie the "time" to the DCS process ?

2 -5 Days in time in the sim between activations sounds reasonable to me.

If going on calendar days, as long as possible then between forced logins.

I'm sure that eventually I wont have access to the internet at all, but I'll still have the hardware, and the software installed and paid for.

I'd like to be able to still fly.

I had been looking forward to 2.5... Having all maps in one place, campaigns like Maple flags BFT missions and the a10c redflag campaign. Fa 18, Corsair and the F4... One day maybe the EE Lightning. Now ... I don't know. I find that sad.

I have made considerable investment in the hardware, specifically with DCS 2.5 in mind.

I am planning on entering MP as friends of mine have started flying in DCS, so for the time being I may be online in more often, but not guaranteed.

Sorry for the long first post

I hope that ED is able to understand and come up with something workable for everybody (The Jeremy Clarkson\Captain Slows of the DCS World.)

Edited by Gnome
typo in "EE lighting".. maybe more, checking now ..

Why am I being forced to get online to play product I already bought.

Updates require being online. OK

Playing on servers require being online. OK

Being put on clock to continue using a product I already payed for, Not OK.

I bought the BS2 from Steam in the beginning and shortly after that the A10C. I agreed to terms that were reasonable to industry standards, as bizarre as the were, but I never agreed to a clock.

I should be able to enjoy my purchase offline as long as I like. When or if I get online validating my product licence against my account would be reasonable, but shutting down my game for lack of internet is over reaching.

Try putting a "No time limit" choice in your poll.

This smacks of "Bait and switch".

Whats next? Subscription!

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• ED Team

ED is currently looking into options such as offline play, but it all depends on what they do. When you bought BS2 and A-10C, they were separate products, DCS World didn't even exist when those were released. Everything has evolved since then, things change, ED has to chnage and evolve with the times.

Why am I being forced to get online to play product I already bought.

Updates require being online. OK

Playing on servers require being online. OK

Being put on clock to continue using a product I already payed for, Not OK.

I bought the BS2 from Steam in the beginning and shortly after that the A10C. I agreed to terms that were reasonable to industry standards, as bizarre as the were, but I never agreed to a clock.

I should be able to enjoy my purchase offline as long as I like. When or if I get online validating my product licence against my account would be reasonable, but shutting down my game for lack of internet is over reaching.

Try putting a "No time limit" choice in your poll.

This smacks of "Bait and switch".

Whats next? Subscription!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

ED is currently looking into options such as offline play, but it all depends on what they do. When you bought BS2 and A-10C, they were separate products, DCS World didn't even exist when those were released. Everything has evolved since then, things change, ED has to chnage and evolve with the times.

"Depends on what they do" is not comforting. I was forced to to go along with DCS World as part of an update. Now that wasn't a huge departure form the terms I agreed to. My games would work and continue to update and I got a free plane.

Years later and many Modules later $$$$. Terms are radically changed on the day AV8B released. Not very forthcoming.

And today as we speak 2.5 downloading. Before we get to excited about how hypicritical I am to accept terms as required by the update. I remind you that Nevada and Normandy are on 2.2. It goes bye bye after release version of 2.5 .

I just want assurances that I will not lose my investment offline regardless of my ability to get online and restart an arbitrary clock. Let alone weather ED will be online to set that clock.

I believe in "O'Tooles Law"- "Murphy was an optimist".

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

May I suggest changing the thread title?

After all this isn't just about the AV8 anymore.

"Everything has evolved since then, things change, ED has to change and evolve with the times."

Agreed, but when did "offline\Singleplayer" become obsolete\fall off the evolutionary branch?

Man, I know I'm old now. :(

Sorry Sith, I know you have to keep things smooooth here, and under normal circumstances, I would agree with you, but I would like to hear some official news about this. Sure they are very busy atm, but the multiplayer and bugs posts in the forums will drown this very quickly.

Online multiplayer looks extremely rosy for DCS 2.5 release ... not so much for offline\singleplayer.

Murphy was an optimist. :D

btw SGT thanks for the reminder for 2.5 BETA, I'll check it out and watch for the 2.5 release

date.

Hmm, install 1.5.8 + 2.2 on an external drive.... safe.

• ED Team

I play 95% single player, it hasn't effected me at all. ED has acknowledged that there are special circumstances, and they are looking at a better solution for offline play, but for the majority of people, this wont effect your day to day play at all.

May I suggest changing the thread title?

After all this isn't just about the AV8 anymore.

"Everything has evolved since then, things change, ED has to change and evolve with the times."

Agreed, but when did "offline\Singleplayer" become obsolete\fall off the evolutionary branch?

Man, I know I'm old now. :(

Sorry Sith, I know you have to keep things smooooth here, and under normal circumstances, I would agree with you, but I would like to hear some official news about this. Sure they are very busy atm, but the multiplayer and bugs posts in the forums will drown this very quickly.

Online multiplayer looks extremely rosy for DCS 2.5 release ... not so much for offline\singleplayer.

Murphy was an optimist. :D

btw SGT thanks for the reminder for 2.5 BETA, I'll check it out and watch for the 2.5 release

date.

Hmm, install 1.5.8 + 2.2 on an external drive.... safe.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It's not a question about impacting the majority, but protecting the minority. There are plenty of people out there with terrible internet and don't play online at all. Not because they don't want to, but can't. Not with any ability to enjoy it. Downloads take forever and often fail.

I just checked. If you're offline for more than 3 days you will not be able to play offline at all. That means DCS World 2.5 has started a clock since my last check. Not just for AV8B, but for everything.

I don't know what "special circumstances" means or how they supposed those "special circumstances" would be resolved. Email? If I could send an email I could check for an update or check in...Whatever.

I see no reason why, if DCS doesn't detect an internet connection, why the game shouldn't go into offline mode till the next successful internet check.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• ED Team

You are mixing things though, it's not about playing online, the check is a minor one when you log in. Its not about having a great ping to play online, its no different than the check the client does once a day to see if there is an update for DCS.

And be sure, the majority is single player users believe it or not, that is what ED's numbers show, so they have no intention on cutting those people out.

AS I have said a number of times now, ED is looking into expanding and improving the system and looking at the viability of an offline mode like Steam, so don't light the torches yet.

It's not a question about impacting the majority, but protecting the minority. There are plenty of people out there with terrible internet and don't play online at all. Not because they don't want to, but can't. Not with any ability to enjoy it. Downloads take forever and often fail.

I just checked. If you're offline for more than 3 days you will not be able to play offline at all. That means DCS World 2.5 has started a clock since my last check. Not just for AV8B, but for everything.

I don't know what "special circumstances" means or how they supposed those "special circumstances" would be resolved. Email? If I could send an email I could check for an update or check in...Whatever.

I see no reason why, if DCS doesn't detect an internet connection, why the game shouldn't go into offline mode till the next successful internet check.

64Sig.png

?

Is that true? ... Please confirm that the 2.5 is running a 3 days count down and after 3 days without any Internet access you won't be able to launch it at all?

(This is not what understand ... I thought it was only for AV-8 module at this time and probably the F-18 ... but no restriction about the launch of Word itself.)

?

Is that true? ... Please confirm that the 2.5 is running a 3 days count down and after 3 days without any Internet access you won't be able to launch it at all?

(This is not what understand ... I thought it was only for AV-8 module at this time and probably the F-18 ... but no restriction about the launch of Word itself.)

Yeah after all it should be free to play for su25t p51 and Caucasus

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

AS I have said a number of times now, ED is looking into expanding and improving the system and looking at the viability of an offline mode like Steam, so don't light the torches yet.

If I buy a DCS module on Steam, does it stop working after 4 days offline, or will it be like the rest of my Steam library, where I can play offline indefinitely?

?

I'm sorry. I believe I miss-spoke. I meant that modules won't work. Not that the game won't launch at all. I couldn't check that.

If I buy a DCS module on Steam, does it stop working after 4 days offline, or will it be like the rest of my Steam library, where I can play offline indefinitely?

Three Days

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

All servers are having issues, I doubt it will be too long till they are back up.

Sure, it sounds like people are having the best possible experience with the new CP.

While we wait, are you able to assist with the question I asked about modules sold via Steam, please?

:music_whistling:

Is "Off Line Play" still an option?

By request:

To clarify this point: No!

The Harrier was simply gone from the lists, if the ED login servers are down you are not able to play any of the listed modules with new DRM. This is unbelieveable and undefendable, I was initially under the impression I still could play offline but this really bursts my bubble.

Honestly, stick with Starforce, this just doesn't work. To reiterate the point, ED has server issues, not even the user, so playing future DCS modules will simply not be possible under that scenario.

And yes, if I have time to fly some DCS, it is a HUGE issue for me if I can't, even if it's "only" for one or two hours. So please nobody dare bring that up now, it will just further enrage the customer who suffered this problem.

There was the argument when this started "b-b-but you have stable internet, this does not concern you!11", clearly even ED is not above issues in the infrastructure and that line of argument does not hold up.

So please spare us the platitudes, we need a real statement by ED that truly acknowledges & addresses these concerns, not some non committal PR defusal.

The issue with the Harrier and other new DRM products not working with the DRM server being down has a fix internally so I hope this wont happen if the DRM server goes down again.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)