AWLS question

LotusDragon

Hey, could somebody explain how to setup the AWLS system please?

I do not know to enter the right channel number. I figured out that the channels are listest in the file AN_ARN128_config.lua. So I tried to use channel 5 for Batumi airport but somehow the AWLS does not work with this. I think it gets automatically the TACAN channel when I enter the AWLS, but I dont get any ILS indicators.

I do not know to enter the right channel number. I figured out that the channels are listest in the file AN_ARN128_config.lua. So I tried to use channel 5 for Batumi airport but somehow the AWLS does not work with this. I think it gets automatically the TACAN channel when I enter the AWLS, but I dont get any ILS indicators.

Check wind direction. Since the ILS is only active for the Runway in use.

I cannot remember, but I think Batumi only has ILS for one direction of the runway, and if the wind is for using it in the opposite direction, then it's not active.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

The AWLS channels have everything the system needs:

* ILS frequency

* Runway heading

* TACAN channle (if it exists)

* Glideslope

When activated, the AWLS TACAN channel will override the selected TACAN channel while it is active. When you deactivate AWLS, the previous TACAN channel is selected again.

Check the EHSD page, the words AWLS must be boxed.

The list is in the pocket guide in the last pages. You can find the pocket guide in the Docs folder.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."