TDC AXIS not working

Zombie.

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, TDC axis is a bit complex to code thanks to the many sensors the aircraft has. So please be patient.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Folks, TDC axis is a bit complex to code thanks to the many sensors the aircraft has. So please be patient.

No worries, take your time getting it implemented properly. I'm sure it's frustrating when people post the same "bugs" over and over again when they are already noted multiple times and a multitude of places, but some people apparently can't be hassled to do a search before starting a new thread... :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 4 months later...

This is still not implemented at the date. Noticed after doing bindings for a new throttle that has a analog axis and didn't get it slewing. Not so big deal as at least there are binary button possibility but requires then re-binding and re-learning after it gets in.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Hey all, I'm no coding expert, but what I did to overcome this is I created a profile with the MadCatz Rhino software for my x55 throttle to be able to use the TDC on the mouse nipple...I have to do this for every TDC in each aircraft anyway.

So maybe using the target software for the Warthog HOTAS a macro can be created as well where the axis will act as key presses using the keyboard bindings for TDC slew?

If anyone uses X55 throttle I can upload the file and share it for you to have a profile to use Harrier TDC on mouse nipple.

X56 users I am unsure if it is compatible between the two, although there aren't many differences between the two throttles but you guys can give it a shot too if you'd like.

Just need input from you guys if you want me to upload it or not.

:joystick: :pilotfly:

Edited by CHRISXTR3M3

Hey all, I'm no coding expert, but what I did to overcome this is I created a profile with the MadCatz Rhino software for my x55 throttle to be able to use the TDC on the mouse nipple...I have to do this for every TDC in each aircraft anyway.

So maybe using the target software for the Warthog HOTAS a macro can be created as well where the axis will act as key presses using the keyboard bindings for TDC slew?

If anyone uses X55 throttle I can upload the file and share it for you to have a profile to use Harrier TDC on mouse nipple.

X56 users I am unsure if it is compatible between the two, although there aren't many differences between the two throttles but you guys can give it a shot too if you'd like.

Just need input from you guys if you want me to upload it or not.

:joystick: :pilotfly:

Just upload it in the User Files and see what happens...:thumbup:

I believe I remember seeing axis control will be implemented in the upcoming update.... Forgive me if I'm wrong!

DCS for whatever reason doesn't recognize the x55's mouse nipple as an axis. Never has for me anyway. I am at work, got home and passed out last night. I will upload x55 throttle mouse nipple profile that works for Harrier. I will also upload a second one that will work on any other aircraft that have the TDC slew keyboard bindings set to the "normal" [,.;/] controls.

:book:

Thanks, im very interested in that profile with the nippple axis working

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

having an issue with the DMT axis slew where everytime i slew the dmt, it jumps back to the VV instead of slewing on the ground. Also with the TGP i cant slew up or down, only left and right or diagonally despite having both axis bound correctly. I am using a t16000m with the throttle stick bound for slew.

having an issue with the DMT axis slew where everytime i slew the dmt, it jumps back to the VV instead of slewing on the ground. Also with the TGP i cant slew up or down, only left and right or diagonally despite having both axis bound correctly. I am using a t16000m with the throttle stick bound for slew.

Did you check to make sure there aren't any other controller axis that automatically bound to your TDC axis?

Example: rudder pedals or rotaries from throttle, etc.

It tends to happen when keyboard bindings are changed/added/etc on an update

+1 Same here. And no other controllers bound to the X/Y axis. I'm using Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle.

+1 Also having the same issue. Checked bindings and also tried rebinding Axis. No conflicts.

Also checked DMT CDC action up / Down and other variations of such. Still no luck. Seems its ground stabilized for a second or so, however if I reslew the axis trying to tune the target in it re zeros to the VV also. Very very frustrating.

Hey guys, I got the profiles uploaded for the X55 throttle that allow you to use the mouse nipple as an "axis".

One is for any and all other aircraft that have TDC, including A-10 Warthog

The second is strictly for AV8B Harrier due to the way it is keybound on keyboard.

Just waiting for moderator to approve userfiles.

:pilotfly:

***EDIT:

Links are up

All other aircraft profile:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3288785/

HARRIER ONLY TDC PROFILE

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3288790/

359892963_X55mousenippleprofiles.thumb.jpg.bcaedc780d4edf89571741c4d292eb47.jpg

Edited by CHRISXTR3M3

Did you check to make sure there aren't any other controller axis that automatically bound to your TDC axis?

Example: rudder pedals or rotaries from throttle, etc.

It tends to happen when keyboard bindings are changed/added/etc on an update

+1 same here, renders the DMT useless.

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

err I mean +1 to this.

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

• 1 month later...