TDC AXIS not working

Zombie.

If that is what you want to take from that sure..... but maybe read it again. I don't see the thousands of Harrier owners complain about it :music_whistling:

Perhaps you're the one who should open your eyes, and read again. This issue is continuously brought up time, and time again. On these forums, on their discord, and any other medium users find to communicate with the developers.

A patch or two ago the TDC performance improved significantly, but it hasn't been corrected. It still sticks, and hangs. I have a Warthog with the original slew, and the upgraded slew, as well as a Virpil throttle, and CH throttle all of which have analog slews. This is not a hardware issue.

This is the only Razbam product I own, and it will stay that way if their answer is to damn their customers.

• Like 1

Clearly is resolved, works fine for me and tons of others, it is probably your hardware

PS to the players above replying to this don't worry i managed to establish FoxOne007 was trolling after every comment i left about issues with the Harrier. He likes to say nothing is wrong with the module and all is well.

He's either got very limited experience with the Harrier, thus not actually knowing what he's talking about, affiliated with Razbam in some way or has some other personal issue against being observational on the current status of the Harrier and the legacy of issues.

• Like 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

He's either got very limited experience with the Harrier, thus not actually knowing what he's talking about, affiliated with Razbam in some way or has some other personal issue against being observational on the current status of the Harrier and the legacy of issues.

Well said.

My personal experience with most Harrier drivers is:

• Stage 1 - New: Well, this aircraft is awesome. Some small bugs, but ok. Look mommy, I can hover already for two seconds.
  • Stage 2 - around 20-50h in the seat: Well, ok, this worked last time, why it does not work this time. lets see what the NATOPS say. Oh well, it seems that this is not yet implemented the correct way. Hmm, my slew is also still buggy. Look mommy, I can now vertically land on the Tarawa.
  • Stage 3 - after 50h in the seat: Come on, really? That is also wrong implemented? Forget the NATOPS, you can't do anything according it. Yes mommy, I can land now also during night.
  • Stage 4 - after 75h in the seat: Why is this annoying/important bug not fixed after two years? And this? And This? And this? Why are even the HOTAS and light functionalities wrong? No mommy, I can't land in IFR conditions on the Tarawa because they did not implement the correct ILS!
  • Stage 5 - after around 100h: Last chance wasted -> Ragequit

Edited by viper2097
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

PS to the players above replying to this don't worry i managed to establish FoxOne007 was trolling after every comment i left about issues with the Harrier. He likes to say nothing is wrong with the module and all is well.

Ah yes you know everything about me after me replying to what 2 of your posts and have 0 conversation? :megalol:... Feel free to do your pathetic personal attacks at me with 0 base... But if you can't handle someone on the internet telling you that you might be wrong in 2 instances then maybe you shouldn't be in the internet.... I have nothing more to say to your pathetic rambling... and FYI I fly the harrier about twice a week with 0 problems so don't come at me saying I don't have any experience with it...

Edited by FoxOne007

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah yes you know everything about me after me replying to what 2 of your posts and have 0 conversation? :megalol:... Feel free to do your pathetic personal attacks at me with 0 base... But if you can't handle someone on the internet telling you that you might be wrong in 2 instances then maybe you shouldn't be in the internet.... I have nothing more to say to your pathetic rambling... and FYI I fly the harrier about twice a week with 0 problems so don't come at me saying I don't have any experience with it...

Chaval no tienes idea de lo que estás diciendo. Como son Peruanos a lo mejor ahora sí lo leen esto y lo entienden y en inglés no. TDC is broken. Las curvas no funcionan. No puedes usar los ejes del warthog del ministick. La tetilla. Se para cuando lo usas. Si fuera hardware no funcionaría en ningún módulo. Pero solo pasa en el Harrier.

Let's go to use Google translate guys.

And Fox stop trolling. We are tire to speak loud in the desert of Razbam forums.

A lovely abandoned plane, see the latest updates troll!! See updates??? No.

A full of bugs collected by community wait an ED solution. Razbam don't know how solve or they don't want. This will the worst scenario.

Edited by Fisu_MAD
  • Like 1

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

No i'm not sensitive and too old to get offended. Nothing personal at all purely observational in that you must not be that experienced with the Harrier and or Natops. None of the points raised are rambles, i wouldn't waste my time.

If you think there is nothing seriously wrong, as i said check the community bug tracker and come back to me.

• Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

• 4 months later...

TDC slewing with the ministick on my TM16000 as an axis, has always been problematic for me in the Harrier.  Works fine for me in the F-16, F-18, and A-10C.

Currently I am using a 4 way switch to control the TDC.  It works, but I don’t have the fine control that an axis can provide.  Besides, I could the 4 way for something else.

This has been going on, and on, and on.... If a slew works on any aircraft other than the Harrier, I seriously doubt that this is the hardware issue. Any other response is just buying time and delaying the fix. There have been some improvements lately to the Harrier TDC axis controls, granted, but it's still not completely good. Try any diagonal movement and the TDC just fails to respond. God forbid some quick movements on the TDC...

Its ok, its only 3 years old just be patient 😉🤣

DCS & BMS

I use 4-way hat with extra button to do TDC Down. I can not use any other mini-stick than CH Pro Throttle one as it is 8-bit (255 levels) and it magically works right.

Every other I do have are 10/12/14 -bit axis and doesn't work right if curves are touched at all.

I can have 100% linear response with others, but then they do not work as there is a fixed deadzone or something that just denies smooth slewing.

You can start moving DMT/TPOD one direction and suddenly it stops like on the wall, doesn't move anymore in that direction but to others, like up and down and it stays in that "wall" until you release and start again pushing to that direction.

I don't know anymore what DMT should have. But at the begin in the NATOPS it was written that DMT has two speeds. A slow speed and high speed. And you activated to other by pushing TDC down and slew. If you just press down and release you designate. And this difference was shown on HUD with a small box for accurate movement and large box for fast movement.

I barely anymore see the box, and it flickers and stays where ever it wants (outside HUD or bottom of HUD etc).

This is why I use key bindings. And even those have annoying acceleration and behavior to jump around, impossible get a accurate small movements, mainly with TPOD (and yes, it is TPOD and not INS) unless you zoom very close.

So in one hand you have impossibility to slew TPOD accurately as it moves too fast or jumps easily over target.

In other hand you can't slew DMT quickly around in high speed mode.

And then there is the axis problem that slewing stops to main direction and you need to release hat and start again.

And you can't push hat fully as it will easily stop there so you need to balance between about 20-60% axis range to get it moving more trustworthy manner.

No other fighter module has any such problems. The only other I know is the KA-50 but it has Shkval problems and not slewing problems.

It is not nice that main combat targeting methods doesn't work properly. And it is not one PC, one installation, one controller etc.

Razbam needs to rewrite their whole input system from scratch for their targeting systems.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye_UK said:

Its ok, its only 3 years old just be patient 😉🤣

It is by design, the Harrier is feature completed so it works as intended....

To be nasty....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:38 AM, Fri13 said:

I use 4-way hat with extra button to do TDC Down. I can not use any other mini-stick than CH Pro Throttle one as it is 8-bit (255 levels) and it magically works right.

Every other I do have are 10/12/14 -bit axis and doesn't work right if curves are touched at all.

I can have 100% linear response with others, but then they do not work as there is a fixed deadzone or something that just denies smooth slewing.

You can start moving DMT/TPOD one direction and suddenly it stops like on the wall, doesn't move anymore in that direction but to others, like up and down and it stays in that "wall" until you release and start again pushing to that direction.

I don't know anymore what DMT should have. But at the begin in the NATOPS it was written that DMT has two speeds. A slow speed and high speed. And you activated to other by pushing TDC down and slew. If you just press down and release you designate. And this difference was shown on HUD with a small box for accurate movement and large box for fast movement.

I barely anymore see the box, and it flickers and stays where ever it wants (outside HUD or bottom of HUD etc).

This is why I use key bindings. And even those have annoying acceleration and behavior to jump around, impossible get a accurate small movements, mainly with TPOD (and yes, it is TPOD and not INS) unless you zoom very close.

So in one hand you have impossibility to slew TPOD accurately as it moves too fast or jumps easily over target.

In other hand you can't slew DMT quickly around in high speed mode.

And then there is the axis problem that slewing stops to main direction and you need to release hat and start again.

And you can't push hat fully as it will easily stop there so you need to balance between about 20-60% axis range to get it moving more trustworthy manner.

No other fighter module has any such problems. The only other I know is the KA-50 but it has Shkval problems and not slewing problems.

It is not nice that main combat targeting methods doesn't work properly. And it is not one PC, one installation, one controller etc.

Razbam needs to rewrite their whole input system from scratch for their targeting systems.

It is by design, the Harrier is feature completed so it works as intended....

To be nasty....

This is exactly how it is for me.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's a bit strange. The TDC Axis works pretty fine with the mini stick on my TM WH - but only with the TGP. The DMT doesn't. It always stucks - most of the time in the horizonal axis but also pretty often in the vertical.

Or am i doing something wrong? I mean it's not that difficult - AG mode - SSS aft twice to get the picture on the right MFD and just slew..... it moves - sometimes, sometimes not - but as i said if it does, it stucks always and is just not usable. Or is it a matter of axis settings - like the curves and the deadzone? But ass i already mentioned: it works perfectly for the TPOD.

Guys you really need to do something. This is just frustrating and annoying. In September last year you gave us a nice update and the TDC axis finally worked. Then the HUD symbology for the DMT didn't work. Now the HUD Symbology is good again but now we are facing - again - the problem with the TDC analog axis (at least for the DMT).

The Harrier is the absolut only aircraft in DCS with this problem. Is it really that hard to fix somthing vital like this - permanently?

Am 20.2.2021 um 17:58 schrieb Gizmo03:

It's a bit strange. The TDC Axis works pretty fine with the mini stick on my TM WH - but only with the TGP. The DMT doesn't. It always stucks - most of the time in the horizonal axis but also pretty often in the vertical.

Or am i doing something wrong? I mean it's not that difficult - AG mode - SSS aft twice to get the picture on the right MFD and just slew..... it moves - sometimes, sometimes not - but as i said if it does, it stucks always and is just not usable. Or is it a matter of axis settings - like the curves and the deadzone? But ass i already mentioned: it works perfectly for the TPOD.

Guys you really need to do something. This is just frustrating and annoying. In September last year you gave us a nice update and the TDC axis finally worked. Then the HUD symbology for the DMT didn't work. Now the HUD Symbology is good again but now we are facing - again - the problem with the TDC analog axis (at least for the DMT).

The Harrier is the absolut only aircraft in DCS with this problem. Is it really that hard to fix somthing vital like this - permanently?

the problem with DMT is that  if you do two axis at the same time with your TDC (horizontal and vertical) or switching from one to the other that it stutters or stops moving completely.

if i recall correctly this was already reported in bug section of this forum.

as long as you only use one axis at a time it works fine. (maybe set a little higher deadzone so you dont accidently move your tdc too much)

Edited by Wisky
  • Thanks 1

Ok thank you. I just saw the thread. Good to see that it's in the bugs section again and they are investigating 😉

The deadzones are just another workarround and i would like to have it working as it should and not by improvising. But ok, let's wait. Hopefully they will bring a fix for this 😉

• 4 weeks later...

i have this problem too with my new joystick

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium, using the ministick set as axes.

When moving DMT TDC in both axes at the same time, one sometimes abruptly stops having an effect, requiring me to center the ministick and start moving it again.

It works perfectly fine in Hornet, A-10C and Ka-50.

Edited by dorianR666
  • Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 3 weeks later...

People, you don't clearly understand that this problem has already been resolved, just update your game and all is fine....

6 hours ago, Fri13 said:

People, you don't clearly understand that this problem has already been resolved, just update your game and all is fine....

Not so sure, we are getting reports of TDC right not working on the keybinds on initial movement, have to slew left first then right (not analogue axis as per this thread) 

DCS & BMS

Just now, Hawkeye_UK said:

Not so sure, we are getting reports of TDC right not working on the keybinds on initial movement, have to slew left first then right (not analogue axis as per this thread) 

Sure it is broken. Tried to be funny as this report is in "resolved" basket... So no fixes to be done as it is clearly already fixed. No matter how you can't move the TDC unless you start with the Right. 

The 2.7 patch log talks about a TDC ACTION/NO-ACTION being (incorrectly) added, that is raising little hope that this TDC movement problems could have been fixed as well properly. 

• Like 2