Weapons use instructional guide

spike2450

Idiot calling :) has an idiot's guide been produced for the weapons and radio use / ufc.

Don't be so cruel to yourself. I would recommend YT tutorials :music_whistling:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

I think this is the fun of a new module. I spend 2 hours yesterday figuring the AGM-65D and once I got it, I realize it was so easy.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Hi mvsgas, I am still trying to figure out the mav, I did get it to work once. AFter I have found a target and used tdc to slew to it when I hit the tdc action to lock it sometimes the lock jumps way out past the target.

next question, if I do get a lock and get the mav to the tgt what steps are needed to lock the next tgt.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Hi mvsgas, I am still trying to figure out the mav, I did get it to work once. AFter I have found a target and used tdc to slew to it when I hit the tdc action to lock it sometimes the lock jumps way out past the target.

next question, if I do get a lock and get the mav to the tgt what steps are needed to lock the next tgt.

After Lock using TDC, you have to uncage missile to turn left MFD into Maverick scope, then sensor selector forward (?) to be able to slew Maverick, it will automatically lock a target near the cross.

Thanks, I watched the tutorial, wow there is like 15 steps to lock a mav, he makes it look so easy.

Thanks

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

It is easy once you do it a couple of times. My problem was I could not find the video page on the MPCD, once I got that, the rest was a cake walk.

- Basically, once airborne, go to STRS page on the left MPCD.

- Top row Push Buttom (PB) 6 will have the Maverick (i.e. IRMV for the AGM-65D) pres the PB and wait for missile to cool/align

- When missile is ready, it will say RDY over PB 20 on the bottom row.

- Use the Sensor Select Switch (SSS) back to select DMT TV, place VVM over the target and press TDC action (TDC down)

- Now press uncage, this will activate the video in the STRS page.

- SSS forward until IRMV is box in the HUD (this selects the missile as the main sensor).

- Use the MPCD PB to zoom

- TDC down to lock, if you have a collapse aiming reticle in the missile video page, the missile is lock.

- If you see a open box, move the missile with the TDC and reattempt a lock.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I’m thinking once the TGP and 65Es gets fully implemented, shooting MAVs will get way easier and fun. Also I recommend using the TDC Action/No Action. When used in conjunction with TDC slew it does alter the speed of the cursor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

One more question from me about the MAV eye.

Are we going to get a marker on the hud or on the mfcd about the place of the eye looks ?

Like in the F-16 and as I remember on the A-10C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------