New MIRAGE 2000 Flight Model

KEAPS

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the HUD ?

I can read the HUD now in 2.2 against bright background and the sun.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I can read the HUD now in 2.2 against bright background and the sun.

Finally :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

So again, to clarify, is fm/engine fixed so its not a ufo-glider and closer to irl stats/behavior?

Edit: or just the new fm with all its flaws?

Edit2: Nvm, https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3319865&postcount=293

Edited by SpeedStick
More questions.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Very good update. I tested it yesterday on 2.2, that's very good. Just a question...

I understood that we have to press reset button (below the FBW limiter switch) to reset trim. But that is the appropriate joystick control ?

Thanks

Sunski

If you updated to 2.2 all the new stuff should be in. Presently testing on TTS server 2.2 and confirmed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

So again, to clarify, is fm/engine fixed so its not a ufo-glider and closer to irl stats/behavior?

Edit: or just the new fm with all its flaws?

Edit2: Nvm, https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3319865&postcount=293

Just flew it for the first time after 2.2 update and to me it feels different to 1.5.8 (ufo-glider). I did no real "tests" with charts/numbers by the book but my guts say it´s "ok". Not sure what you mean with "all it´s flaws"? :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Just flew it for the first time after 2.2 update and to me it feels different to 1.5.8 (ufo-glider). I did no real "tests" with charts/numbers by the book but my guts say it´s "ok". Not sure what you mean with "all it´s flaws"? :cry:

No you are right, something is different. In a good way. Now it does drops and stalls if you go below speed. You can do the high G turns and bleed speed like you expect in Deltas.

Haven't done any test but at least it feels better.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Yes, CDV REARM or something like that.

But in flight you would rather engage AP to trim to new conditions. It does trim pitch + roll.

Yaw trim is constantly performed by FBW.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Hi Folks,

I must admit that the only remaining point is now slowing down and breaking the plane. I did a major error by transfering the config to the new version and it's a really a good idea to reset the axis control to default ! Now it behaves smoothly :) Great !

Now we just need a little bit more of efficiency in breaking, especially in flight.

Finally a great improvement, thanks to Rzabam !

Hi,

I quite disappointed by the flight model change. From 200 knots, there is no damping anymore and the aircraft seems to fly a simple flight model (or like a train)!

I am not a fighter pilot, but I am flying civilian aircraft, 777 and 737.

Having flying the 777 with electronic flight control, there is always a quite few damping effect (I mean, when releasing the flight control, the aircraft take few time to stop the induced mouvement), because an aircraft just fly in the air.

This is exactly the opposite in the latest M2000 flight model change.

I understand that a public flight simulator cannot reproduce exactly a real flight model, but I have corrected a lot of flight model in FS9 and X, P3D and X-Plane. Adding some damping effect in flight controls give a real sensation of flying.

So, please, correct that for the next time.

Thanks,

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

HELP. I can’t land the Mirage anymore after the recent change!!! It seems I have to land at like 220 knots to keep the hud AoA markets correct otherwise it just seems to bomb. Is there a new procedure to land correctly please. Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I don't want the M2000 FM to look like the 777, that's not the point.

If you have the F-5, when you release the control in roll for example, the aircraft take 0.5 seconds, even less to stabilize.

That should be the same with any aircraft, proportinally to its design and flight control system.

The M2000 just stop suddenly to roll when you release the controls. This is not how an aircraft is flying, simply.

Just look at some cockpit footage of some M2000 in demo, and you will see.

Cheers,

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

I don't want the M2000 FM to look like the 777, that's not the point.

If you have the F-5, when you release the control in roll for example, the aircraft take 0.5 seconds, even less to stabilize.

That should be the same with any aircraft, proportinally to its design and flight control system.

The M2000 just stop suddenly to roll when you release the controls. This is not how an aircraft is flying, simply.

Just look at some cockpit footage of some M2000 in demo, and you will see.

Cheers,

Could you supply some links please? I had problems finding videos of the 2000-C where stick position and roll ratio are clearly visible the same time.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is no need to compare the stick position and the aircraft movement, this is just aerodynamically how an aircraft is moving in the air.

Look at this one, at the very beginning when the aircraft is rlling on the right (I thing the pilot is not using the full deflection of its stick) :

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mirage+2000+HUD

Clearly, the aircraft does not stop rolling suddently.

On this one, from 3:52, it is quite evident too :

There is no need to compare the stick position and the aircraft movement, this is just aerodynamically how an aircraft is moving in the air.

Look at this one, at the very beginning when the aircraft is rlling on the right (I thing the pilot is not using the full deflection of its stick) :

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mirage+2000+HUD

Clearly, the aircraft does not stop rolling suddently.

On this one, from 3:52, it is quite evident too :

Hmm, the first is a list with mainly HUD displays, the second video can't be viewed from 3:52 because it's only 3:52 long...

And yes, there is a need to compare the stick position otherwise you don't know if the pilot maybe gives short inputs for correction or countersteers which can be quiet common in demo flights

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]