RWR audio?

Sandman1330

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to being one of the “lucky” few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sit down, grab a beer, and enjoy getting launched on by SAMs you never noticed on RWR thanks to broken sounds

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

Zeus any ideas what might be causing this ? Possibly deleting a sound folder or sound on install directory then repairing ? Something with a quick fix like we had with the horizontal lines on the HUD ?

very frustrating agreed. Was unaware this was only effecting some, I was under the impression this was constantly not working or implemented for everyone. Conflict issue with FC3 or other module ?

Thanks zeus, possibly release a separate zip with the sounds to overwrite and install ?

Zeus any ideas what might be causing this ? Possibly deleting a sound folder or sound on install directory then repairing ? Something with a quick fix like we had with the horizontal lines on the HUD ?

very frustrating agreed. Was unaware this was only effecting some, I was under the impression this was constantly not working or implemented for everyone. Conflict issue with FC3 or other module ?

Thanks zeus, possibly release a separate zip with the sounds to overwrite and install ?

Seconding this, Zeus please help us help you. I can provide log files, videos, whatever.

In fact, I’ll set up a test tonight and make a video showcasing the problems. This is a major problem for a good portion of us and while it’s not on the scale of the IRMAV issue that was a hot topic here, this issue needs attention

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

+1 thought it was like this for everyone. Now that I have to snuggle up nice and close to hit sams w/o Mavs it'd be nice to get some extra warning lol.

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

Still no news on this, wonder if anyone else is having this problem and has managed to fix it? If so please chime in with what had to be fixed

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. Occasional short chirps from the EWR, but none of the audio I've heard on all the YouTube vids. I also don't hear any g-breathing sounds. Not sure if the two are connected to the same problem?

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Zeus still no update on this topic ? Saw you commented on 12-06-2017 that would check however no update. Curious if this is a local issue with some and not on your Private version you have that your working on ?

I looked and see all of the sound files in the directory for the effects/RWR/ and all are non corrupted and over several seconds long so not sure why they are still not audible nor playing when running DCS.

Still reading on the "Known bugs sticky" that RWR sounds being heard are listed. Still wondering if there is a easy fix that we as a community could do to get these working if your having no issues on your local machine with your build.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Zeus, any update?

I get the same issue. New emitters show up with a quick beep and thats it. As noted by everyone else, it makes things both less enjoyable and less realistic as you should be able to hear the shift between search/track/launch for Radar threats.

What is particularly irritating is that this is not affecting everyone. If someone who can hear all the tones could post up their audio settings, we may be able to isolate where the issue lies.

Edited by Floydii

I haven’t tested this thoroughly in the latest version, but I believe it occurred this past weekend still.

Will this ever be addressed? Hoping there is something we can do to help this process along...

RWR audio?

Just bumping this and updating; I had a chance to try things out and RWR audio is still not working. Also, oddly, the RWR display seems to work whether the knob is turned on or not, dunno if that is intentional or not

Same here. Still only occasional short chirps only from the RWR audio, and HUD RWR info remains on the HUD even with RWR off.

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

I surely hope this gets picked up in the “in work” list, because with all the other updates the Harrier is my go to aircraft, I’m just tired of dying so easily

+1 To the top. Still feel like this is a big deal. Very important in a combat sim as a priority. Please at least comment RZ, or put it on your todo update month blog. I see closure.

Tried for another hour last week to see if I could get them working on my own. No avail.

A little chirp on new contacts for me, otherwise absolutely no other sounds from the RWR.

Just tried uninstalling the module and downloading fresh, didn't fix it. :(

I wonder if a full reinstall may work? I hate to have to try it but I’m trying to think of options.

For now I’ll leave it alone since I want to see what Razbam has to say. I say we keep this at the top and hope it gets addressed.

I wonder if a full reinstall may work? I hate to have to try it but I’m trying to think of options.

For now I’ll leave it alone since I want to see what Razbam has to say. I say we keep this at the top and hope it gets addressed.

Out of interest, is your DCS in the default installation directory?

I have mine installed on drive G:/DCS World/

Out of interest, is your DCS in the default installation directory?

I have mine installed on drive G:/DCS World/

Mine is installed on a separate drive in a similar folder structure to yours as well

Mine is also installed off my windows drive. I think many more people would have this issue if that was the problem though

Agreed, this issue seems really specific and situational but it affects quite a few of us