Is it a bird? Is it a super bird?

Dolphin887

A P38 would go great over Normandy to mingle with the plane that replaced it in the theatre it had to be withdrawn from. Would make perfect sense for DCS!

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

Wow, you guys are good! I am always amazed with the resourcefulness of some of the members on here. Your investigative skills and sleuthing abilities are top notch! The image is very convincing for the P-38. This would be great for DCS. I look forward to the official announcement and any other suprises.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Hopefully not :S i'm not one of those who goes constantly MEDONOTWANTPROPRAIPLANEESSSS!!!, in fact i quite enjoy the few i have... but honestly...

P-38 would be the last in my "interest list". However, for those who are actually interested, if finally its a P-38, great for you!

that... or is DAT FACE of Leatherneck logo for the 3d model of our pilots, which would be.... funnily odd :D

I'm not against props, i'm against WW2 planes. Well, we've had plenty of super WW2-sim. Don't need more of them. Now, if we could do some 50's to modern-era fighter, that'd be great. Even modern propeller would be great, i'd kill for an OV-10.

I'm not against props, i'm against WW2 planes. Well, we've had plenty of super WW2-sim. Don't need more of them. Now, if we could do some 50's to modern-era fighter, that'd be great. Even modern propeller would be great, i'd kill for an OV-10.

That's because you don't know the joy of shotting down Hogs in the Kürfurst :P

I think hint 3 is not the cube itself but tells us the perspective angle of the hint 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that is a clue right there haha!

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

I tend to agree, but at the same time they sell well and they fund development of more complex aircraft.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Does it mount 4x 20mm Cannons, have a variable incidence wing, and was involved in an extremely hazardous photo recon mission during the Cuban Missile Crisis?

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

Hint number 3 on the 6th, cube has 6 sides, 3x6 is 18...

PA-18 Super Cub!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

please let it be a SU!!!!

given the migs are ruled out, it must be a SU aircraft, SU17/22/24?

At least I am hoping!

Like most i really hope its not a ww2 prop. there is IL2 for that stuff. WE NEED MORE RED!!!

BUTTT then again....the clues draw me more and more into the F117A

656260-bigthumbnail.jpg

Edited by wackomedic911
fixed my stupid spelling

And hint nr.2 wasn't about the aircraft in it but about the "Leatherneck figure": so, no modern aircraft but a WW2 one: all 3 hints together are indicating the HELLCAT!

leme get some clarity quick....

Hint 1:

this thread right?

Hint 2:

24862217_1957201237835878_3929694418614554404_n.jpg?oh=28276f99d636c91f1592aac70039a8ec&oe=5A98A9F7

Hint 3:

http://leatherneck-sim.com/guess-our-new-aircraft-hint-no-3/

that figure was never a hint as far as I know?

Its been on their website for months!:doh:

At least I am hoping!

Like most i really hope its not a ww2 prop. there is IL2 for that stuff. WE NEED MORE RED!!!

BUTTT then again....the clues draw me more and more into the F117A

656260-bigthumbnail.jpg

The F-117A would be an absolute Dream - love that ugly little fella! Besides that you Sir are absolutely right, that we need more RED! But a little Nighthawk before that :music_whistling:

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

The F-117A would be an absolute Dream - love that ugly little fella! Besides that you Sir are absolutely right, that we need more RED! But a little Nighthawk before that :music_whistling:

the thing that gets me, is, as far as I know, most of it is still more classified than trump's twitter password.... the other thing, didnt it have a very limited payload? is it worth it?

MORE RED!!!!!

Big ECM plane...all the radar equipped guys crying "...oh my god, I'm blind....it has burned my eyes..."

But DCS ECM is a different story....

Is the ELINT funtionality working in the Viggen?

Yes, it's a great feature: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182490

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

that figure was never a hint as far as I know?

Its been on their website for months!:doh:

Hmm, but I just noticed that that logo usually isn´t green. Maybe that´s the hint and not the background ? I remember somewhere in the back of my head that when M3 and Heatblur where still together in the early teasing of the Tomcat there also was a corsair in the background or something like that that had nothing to do with the teasing.

Maybe someone can tell if it´s an "Army green" or more of a "USMC green" or whatever.

HH53 Super Jolly Green Giant?

At least I am hoping!...

Can you post a reference stating that the MiG's are not being/can't be done in DCS?

Otherwise the latest communication on that topic that I can refer to is RAZBAM saying that they had been asked to stop working on MiG-23 while the specific reasons for this decission can't be reviled due to NDA.

In other words, the discussion if the MiG-23 had been canceled completly or transfered to another team - be it 3'rd party or ED are only a speculations.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Can you post a reference stating that the MiG's are not being/can't be done in DCS?

Otherwise the latest communication on that topic that I can refer to is RAZBAM saying that they had been asked to stop working on MiG-23 while the specific reasons for this decission can't be reviled due to NDA.

In other words, the discussion if the MiG-23 had been canceled completly or transfered to another team - be it 3'rd party or ED are only a speculations.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3314734&postcount=10688

by that post, it seems ED will do 23/27 sometime in future...