Is it a bird? Is it a super bird?

Dolphin887

A-4 Skyhawk seems to be the best guess for the moment. It matches the hints for "bird, supper bird" (hawk) and the connection with aerobatics as it has been used by Blue Angels.

Just speculating but A-4 had been developed since some time as an independent project. Joining forces or taking over abandoned project may be another fact to consider the A-4.

Additionally the A-4 does not seem to be extremely complex, making it a good project for for M3 which are probably not such a big team after the split.

However, if that's the A-4, ED has to really thing about assets for it, including the era carrier. On the other hand if it is A-4 I'll start to have some real hopes for Vietnam period reflected in DCS. Just throw in F-105, Super Sabre and with F-5, MiG-21, MiG-19 there should be a great start for DCS journey into that period.

180.jpg

PS 1: Great find Vatikus linking the hint from LN page with aerobatic box :thumbup: Sorry but forum does not allow me to rep you but if anyone else can kind request to do it ;)

PS 2: It would be an ironical coincidence if it's A-4 as it's not exactly the most prettiest plane in the world while there was a lot of planes with "controversial" look posted in this thread.

The main problem about a A-4 was show by VEAO, they intent in the past make a A-4 module, but the project was abandoned by not economically viable to get a license IP for the actual owners (McDonnell Douglas).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2214751&postcount=223

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Hint 4 is in Dolphin´s profile:

https://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=47878

Note that the filename ends with ".gif.jpg." I have no idea about that stuff, but could it be that it´s a gif and we can get it "moving" somehow ?

Is that some electronics stuff, a plan for wiring something similar ?

For chrome users, if you goggle search that image, "neon" comes up. (ie the picture is titled "neon".

Also, the neon wiki page has this..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon#/media/File:Cubic-face-centered.svg

That specific Aresti diagram is this... which is for model airplanes?

neliqofrhj201.jpg

So confusing.

Edited by exray

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

From Reddit:
(credit zZChicagoZz)

Batajnica Airodrom, Serbia.

Might really be Super Galeb.

Air force units operating from this base:

- 101st Fighter Aviation Squadron (MiG-21, MiG-29UM)

- 252nd Training Squadron (G-4, N-62T, J-22 Orao, err, Utva 75 ... and Gazelle!)

- other squadrons...

- there's also the TTC, which apparently tested more flying things, and other things that don't fly very well.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Quick recap, we have a clear P-38 on the coming soon page but same kind of drawings have been misleading in the past.

We have that awkward not working link form their website: http://www.vmfa-531.com/leathernecksim/coming-soon/

We have strong clues towards the super galeb (Fact that some of the devs might have flown it, the super "bird", the serbian base, the aerobatics things)but imho that wouldn't be "special note" worthy surprise(s).

Oh, and we have rivets.

What am I forgeting ?

Edited by NeF

Quick recap, we have a clear P-38 on the coming soon page but same kind of drawings have been misleading in the past.

We have that awkward not working link form their website: http://www.vmfa-531.com/leathernecksim/coming-soon/

We have strong clues towards the super galeb (Fact that some of the devs might have flown it, the super "bird", the serbian base, the aerobatics things)but imho that wouldn't be "special note" worthy surprise(s).

Oh, and we have rivets.

What am I forgeting ?

Could the "suprises" be the development of two aircraft then?

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

That specific Aresti diagram is this... which is for model airplanes?

neliqofrhj201.jpg

So confusing.

I think that is for an RC aircraft:

http://www.e-modelar.net/clanki-111.html

At the bottom they even talk about "competitions in Croatia and Serbia"

:huh:

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

I heard that Magnitude's Crickets control department, Teasing division, worked on Operation Overlord back in the day.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

From Reddit:
(credit zZChicagoZz)

fGwf_fimDv-PkmT-AuDij5kofBZtJ0hBriiZHOCXYmI.jpg?w=768&f_Gwf_fim_Dv-_Pkm_T-_Au_Dij5kof_BZt_J0h_Brii_ZHOCXYm_I.jpg

fGwf_fimDv-PkmT-AuDij5kofBZtJ0hBriiZHOCXYmI.jpg?w=768&

Batajnica Airodrom, Serbia.

Might really be Super Galeb.

https://www.123rf.com/photo_17392890_batajnica-serbia--september-2-russian-aerobatic-team-strizi-with-mig-29-m2-fighter-plane-performing-.html

MiG-29M2

The Swifts emblem is a bird...

The only thing is there is no MiG-29M3, maybe its a play on words... Somehow ;)

EDIT: Hint 2 is Batajnica Airodrom, Serbia, the swifts were there on september 2nd, this is getting a little bit promising...

Edited by kolga

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

https://www.123rf.com/photo_17392890_batajnica-serbia--september-2-russian-aerobatic-team-strizi-with-mig-29-m2-fighter-plane-performing-.html

MiG-29M2

The Swifts emblem is a bird...

The only thing is there is no MiG-29M3, maybe its a play on words... Somehow ;)

The -EM is also one of the birds used by the 101st, as reported before. Quite a big bird though.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Well, the G-4 Super Galeb would be somewhat of a downer after the MiG-21bis especially since there are other trainers already in development, but a DCS-level MiG-29 9.12B would be pretty cool :)

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Jeepers, some of you lot are very excitable and throwing out wishlist items.

Also, most of you have forgotten Rudel's posts with the radial engine in, and the various hints that one plane they were working on was in WWII Pacific theatre.

It might not be what they're currently working on, but I doubt they've scrapped all that work.

Might be more than one plane in the announcement, but I doubt it considering the size of the team now.

Edited by Buzzles

Jeepers, some of you lot are very excitable and throwing out wishlist items.

Also, most of you have forgotten Rudel's posts with the radial engine in, and the various hints that one plane they were working on was in WWII Pacific theatre.

It might not be what they're currently working on, but I doubt they've scrapped all that work.

Might be more than one plane in the announcement, but I doubt it considering the size of the team now.

Radial like a double wasp, used in a certain aircraft in the DCS roadmap? ;)

And "surprises" would explain the picture of Batajnica Airodrom, where there are MiG-21, also something expected.