Is it a bird? Is it a super bird?

Dolphin887

A Spectrum, I was hoping never to hear that sound again :cry: :D

Makes you appreciate current PC's ;) "Good" old times when loading a game required a screwdriver.

But the spectrum or other old, tape "simulators" might be a good point to investigate. This one is from ZX Spectrum:

hqdefault.jpg

EDIT: Su-17/22 was also introduced in 1970.

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Man I dont even dare to hope it could or would be a Mig 29.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Another one, showing MiG-25:

mig-busters-1990-players-premier-software-zx-spectrum.png

As for Su-17/22, the connection to "is it abird?..":

md13742927537.jpg

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Why I think a lot of hints are connected with MiG-25

1. "Sorry :(" thread, fasteners and a cowl

Might be a smoke cover to look for an old, prop plane. Coincidentally there is a Aeroprakt A-22 Foxbat that I think match this criteria,

a22ls-1000.jpg?w=584

2. "Is it a bird? Is it a super bird?"

Consider the question markes at the end. They may be playng a role, what would be your first thought when seeing a fox bat:

flying_fox.JPG

Plus the citation from the "Sorry :(" thread "the normal maps for our new super duper pooper excretionator". That might be the relation to the mess that bats leave in the cave, and the fox bat is really a big one.

3. The box

MiG-25 looks like build from the boxes. What I'm not sure about but it might have been one if not the first Russian build aircrafts designed with CAD aplications - thus the 3D box.

4. The airfield photo

Mybe we're just over-investigating it. Might be a hit of an old recon photo and MiG-25 had a major use in that role.

5. 1970

MiG-25 was introduced into the service in 1970

6. Video

Assuming it's an ZX Spectrum, one of the "simulator" titles had a MiG-25 on the cover.

EDIT: I believe they would not make so much fuss without a good reason. It must be at least a plane that is expected by a lot of people. If this would be a trainer, it would be wise not to risk creating too high expectations.

Edited by firmek

The Yugoslavian/Serbian display team is called the Flying Stars.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

"On 31 August 1977, "Ye-266M" again flown by Fedotov, set the recognized absolute altitude record for a jet aircraft under its own power. He reached 37,650 metres (123,520 ft) at Podmoskovnoye, USSR in zoom climb (the absolute altitude record is different from the record for sustained altitude in horizontal flight). The aircraft was actually a MiG-25RB re-engined with the powerful R15BF2-300. It had earlier been part of the program to improve the aircraft's top speed that resulted in the MiG-25M prototype" :o

New hint

That's an epic teaser! Love ZX Spectrum computer...those were the days! (backed a kickstarter of Spectrum Next earlier this year too).

Just don't ask me to figure out which aircraft is on the loading splash screen :P (used to print those out with a line printer holding a pen back in the day).

Edit: Rudel or someone, please...try to clean the head of your cassette player and try again, it might load the screen properly this time or at at least a bit further! :D

Edited by Spectrum Legacy

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

Dang, didn't factor the significance of that. Maybe I spoke too soon.

Hmmm... if it's a direct hint to a playable aircraft in one of the games that was available for it, the list is:

Avro Lancaster

Bell X-1

Boeing AH-64 Apache

British Aerospace Sea Harrier

Cessna 172

Douglas X-3 Stiletto

General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon

Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle

McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet

North American P-51 Mustang

Piper PA-28 Cherokee

Sopwith Camel

SPAD S.XIII

Supermarine Spitfire

The F-16 and Sea Harrier fit the 1970's bill, since we already have the Spitfire, Eagle and the Hornet is on the way. I can't imagine them making anything else on that list.

The SR-71 is a "super bird" and would fit with the reconnaissance photo teaser. It set the record for fastest air-breathing manned aircraft since 1976. So maybe that fits in a way. That would certainly be a shock.

No Mig29?

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

Not that I could find. Unless they're teasing an opponent aircraft from one of the games. Which would be almost impossible to guess.

I did also overlook "Ace of Aces" for ZX Spectrum, which features the Mosquito as the players aircraft. Though I don't think that fits any of the teasers, unless the teasers are just meant to troll us.

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0009377

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

Either this is the SR-71, or the hints are to lead in the direction of the SR-71, which leads to the Mig-25. Didn't someone say the Mig-25 was on the box art for one of the ZX Spectrum games?

Well, just couple of days I posted this...but despite that I'm spectrum too,I honestly doubt that it's related. SR71 would be a shocker out of nowhere for sure and imo quite unlikely addition. There is Speccy game called Mig Busters, which was mentioned here earlier and it has mig25 on title screen as an enemy. But then again, there is also a game about mig29 and so on. Ahh such a riddle this is! And as always, I suspect we are being masterfully trolled :prop:

Bird is the word? Blackbird or Super Blackbird confirmed!

Honda-CBR1100XX-Widescreen-Image.jpeg

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard