Is it a bird? Is it a super bird?

Dolphin887

Hmmm,

On the youtube video of Hint no. 6:

Unfortunately, we could not load it properly. All we can say for sure is that text on the tape reads "1977".

1977 hmmmm....... Well, with all the hype, the Foxbat has a special place in my heart and it finally being flyable in DCS would be the greatest event for me haha.

On another note, if you look at the video just when it "stops loading", to the left you can see what appears to be a vertical tail slanted to the side (possible 1 out of 2 tails). So I would say it is a mig. Mig-29 perhaps? haha

Edited by Fig

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

That's an epic teaser! Love ZX Spectrum computer...those were the days! (backed a kickstarter of Spectrum Next earlier this year too).

Just don't ask me to figure out which aircraft is on the loading splash screen :P (used to print those out with a line printer holding a pen back in the day).

Edit: Rudel or someone, please...try to clean the head of your cassette player and try again, it might load the screen properly this time or at at least a bit further! :D

Hey guys, it looks like the visible (top)portion of the screen shows a wing:

attachment.php?attachmentid=173687&stc=1&d=1512698118

The wingtip is right under the LNS logo, below that it looks like struts. There is no visible tail or fuselage at the level of the wing - so it looks like a biplane.

But a biplane from 1977....? :unsure:

So an aerobatic plane? That matches one of the recent clues that looks like an aerobatic routine, not to mention "P.S. Do expect surprises".

-Nick

M3_screen.thumb.jpg.f49e2432315cba7a27f5382ae0a70e0b.jpg

Its looking like a Mig 29 and an aerobatic piston. the picture of the engine Rudel posted a long time ago was believed to be a zero, which they kinda confirmed later iirc.

Super Decathlon? lol

-"Super"

-Introduced: 1970

-Aerobatic (Box & Sequence hints)

-Piston

-and it would certainly be a surprise!

The tires on Michael Carter's webpage were compatible with a super decathlon so...

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

If that is a wing and struts, that looks like it has some size to it in the picture.

Something like a Pitts S2B is quite small and wouldn't have that many struts.

There was two games that had Sopwith Camels and a Spad on the ZX Spectrum. Blue Max and Chuck Yeager's ATF, respectively.

Honestly, that looks like a SPAD S.XIII in that picture. I'm calling it lol.

That... couldn't be the variable incidence wing of the Crusader, could it?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Box = Container = R4808A = B

Square = Squared = 2

+ Hint 3 = Groom Lake Taxiway

+ Hint 6 = ......<:|>.

B-2 Stealth Bomber.

That's literally a shot-in-the-dark.

Edited by MRSHADO

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

It's this. All the clues add up. Christen Eagle II.

article-0-19A66B6100000578-205_964x642.jpg

reddit thread, credit terrificfool & rainbow dash:

Rivets match up just right (accounting for curvature, of course).

QyR7Iwr.jpg

Edited by exray

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

Heck yeah, the michael carter tailwheel image fits too:

https://michaelcarterii.artstation.com/projects/6DwNW

The only taildraggers on Goodyear's list for 606C61-6 are as follows:

American Champion Citabria

American Champion Decathlon

American Champion Super Decathlon

Aviat Husky

Bellanca Cruisair

Cessna 180 Skywagon

Cessna 185 Skywagon

Globe Swift

DHC-3 Otter

Looks like the tail gear is based on the Aviation Products 6131 tailwheel. This is not a stock part. Here is a photo of it on an Aviat Christen Eagle. Look familiar?

pIsoPal.jpg

it look like its gonna be an eagle!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

Heck yeah, the michael carter tailwheel image fits too:

https://michaelcarterii.artstation.com/projects/6DwNW

it look like its gonna be an eagle!

It's funny that I posted a photo of the Christen Eagle back in September. The only reason I missed it back then is because it wasn't on Goodyear's website for the serial number on the tire.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hmmmm, Eagle?

F-15 first flight 1972 HAHAHA

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

It's this. All the clues add up. Christen Eagle II.

article-0-19A66B6100000578-205_964x642.jpg

reddit thread, credit terrificfool & rainbow dash:

Rivets match up just right (accounting for curvature, of course).

QyR7Iwr.jpg

Yea this wont go over easily.. A lot of hype for a DCS: Non-combat biplane?

I mean it makes sense for M3. With the loss of half the team, to produce a cheap module(minimal avionic systems) with easily accessible data. I just dont think the DCS fan base is interested TBH.

It's funny that I posted a photo of the Christen Eagle back in September. The only reason I missed it back then is because it wasn't on Goodyear's website for the serial number on the tire.

Yeah, your post was one of the first things i thought of when the aerobatic sight gauge was brought up.

Yea this wont go over easily.. A lot of hype for a DCS: Non-combat biplane?

I mean it makes sense for M3. With the loss of half the team, to produce a cheap module(minimal avionic systems) with easily accessible data. I just dont think the DCS fan base is interested TBH.

Remember, Surprises

Probably a aerobatic mode with a score system.

Who knows, maybe were wrong

It would seem a little strange considering their new emblem being a jet and Dolphins signature having a jet engine in it.

But like you said, who knows...