Is it a bird? Is it a super bird?

Dolphin887

Yea this wont go over easily.. A lot of hype for a DCS: Non-combat biplane?

I mean it makes sense for M3. With the loss of half the team, to produce a cheap module(minimal avionic systems) with easily accessible data. I just dont think the DCS fan base is interested TBH.

Meanwhile Heatblur produced the Viggen and are approaching release on the Tomcat. I struggle to believe and truly hope that they they'd do something with as little community interest as an acrobatic biplane.

Meanwhile Heatblur produced the Viggen and are approaching release on the Tomcat. I struggle to believe and truly hope that they they'd do something with as little community interest as an acrobatic biplane.

I basically never see the prop guys complaining about jets, maybe that is why it seems there isn't community interest.

Edited by kolga

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Yes, however they also had the F4U mostly done. But M3 decided to hold off on it until they had a proper environment and opponent(ie the A6M). It could be that they thought this would make them money in the mean time. Time will tell if this works out. (if it is a bi-plane)

Edited by Beamscanner

as little community interest as an acrobatic biplane.

I'd buy it if it was accurately and comprehensively modelled. But then, I'm probably not an average DCS flyer so my opinion doesn't count :unsure:

• Like 1

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Module authors can set the "point value" for destroying targets. It would be funny if the Christen Eagle had a negative point value so your score is decreased for shooting it down. RoE prohibits engagement without visual target identification now! Turns out this plane is the hard counter to Fox 3.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I basically never see the prop guys complaining about jets, maybe that is why it seems there isn't community interest.

I am a prop guy, and the reason we don't complain is that we are extremely lucky to have a home in DCS, and even then only through fortuitous circumstance.

He must be here...........

https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/aircraft-1970-1979.asp

But....wich one?

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I still feel like DCS needs to "spread its wings" a bit if it's going to become an even bigger player in the flight sim community though. I don't think it would hurt ED to poach a few users of other programs.

I love aviation in general and it would be nice to have an all in one sim with more civ aircraft and transports, instead of having to shell out money for different programs with flight models that are all over the place.

I think there are some big civil aviation simulators out there, so why bother to get civ aircrafts into a simulator that calls himself Digital COMBAT Simulator. Transports? Sure, because military connection. Trainers? Sure, military users and good platforms to learn the rope. But civ-only aircrafts or dedicated aerobatic planes, sorry but from my perspective a definite "no thank you".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Dear Leatherneck or Magnitude 3 or whatever you should be addressed as,

While building hype is fun and dandy, please don't forget to work on modules like the MiG-21Bis, there are plenty of issues to be fixed and worked on before venturing forth.

Thank you,

• Like 2

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Flight models, adding variety to the airspace and environment, more realistic than airspace only populated with military aircraft at all times, etc...

I agree in terms of AI but player controlled aircraft to populate the airspace would just increases server loads and will end up in frustrated civ pilots being targeted and shot down:music_whistling: You know how that works: "Oh look, a aerobatic plane! Can my missile follow him into that loop?":D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Flight models, adding variety to the airspace and environment, more realistic than airspace only populated with military aircraft at all times, etc...

Can you put in your signature that you are payed by Eagle Dynamics please? I think its fair that we know.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did they really hype up an aerobatic bi-plane for Digital Combat Simulator?

I refuse to believe that.

Me too. That also applies to a trainer like the Super Galeb. My hopes are now high for a MiG-29. That would be epic! :shocking:

I wonder if todays newsletter will reveal the secret?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I hope I don't get banned for posting this or make anyone depressed. But that was a pretty hurtful comment at the wrong time of my life. You don't have to get paid to be passionate about something, though it is nice when you can have both.

Some people can't understand that you might like something that they dont't. They might also don't like to hear/read that some people are seeing the glass half full rather than half empty.

We have it at every level of this comunity, official forums, unofficial forums, public servers, squardons....

It's a bit toxic sometimes....

Anyway I hope your health goes better :), but we should stop the off-topic here :).

Edit : Not paid either :D.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA