starforce undhandled exception

colubridae

I have installed patch FC plus patch 1.12a...

all worked fine for several months but now

i get abnormal ends from starforce

" unhandled exception in protection system GUI application ...."

please help... desperate to play sim again...

going insane...

here are the messages if anyone can help

707153752_errormessages.GIF.6e1e6bd3c9bf4b02841a268097270e78.GIF

• 2 weeks later...

starforce problem

Please help with starforce problem...

I have played lock on up to 1.12a for many months...

suddenly, recently, starforce opens with an abend... (see attached thumbnails)

By re-installing 1.12a patch the problem 'goes away' for several starts. But soon recurs

I have tried copying the 'lock on' folder out and back but this does not work.

something else the patch does clears the problem...

unfortunatley all the fixes (F-15, TWS GBU-97) are 'reset' when i reinstall patch 1.12a.

If BS is protected by the same staroffice software it will not be worth my while buying it

very disappointing...

:) :(

I have attached thumbnails to a 'bug' forum post (can't seem to attach them to this post... sorry)

Guest Ke..JohnSmith

If BS is protected by the same staroffice software it will not be worth my while buying it

very disappointing...

:) :(

Actually, I fully support Starforce and ED's decision to put it. If it weren't for Starforce, those pirates would share our lovely game on warez sites and those ominous torrent aplications. Starforce really made my every paid cent worth it, and once again, kudos to the great protection software and very brave decision to put one in FC/BS!

Actually, I fully support Starforce and ED's decision to put it. If it weren't for Starforce, those pirates would share our lovely game on warez sites and those ominous torrent aplications. Starforce really made my every paid cent worth it, and once again, kudos to the great protection software and very brave decision to put one in FC/BS!

I'm sure you are right,,, provided the protection works. It doesn't. I've paid good cash money for the game, and expect it to work. I don't care about 'starforce/no starforce'. I want to play the game i've paid for....

I don't want my money back, which i can have in England, i want to play the game.

Have bought F4-allied force. I expect it to work.

Have bought all IL2 series... no problem.

I've bought Silent Hunter III with its protection, but I can still play it. Can't with lomac/FC. end of story. Pity because it is still the best.

Thread merger..

I don't know what causes the problem you experience, but it is clearly a bug of some sort, so I have moved your thread from General Discussion section here.

I have attached thumbnails to a 'bug' forum post (can't seem to attach them to this post... sorry)

And this is where it belongs.

JJ

Guest IguanaKing

I must whole-heartedly agree with Alfa and Rugg. This is a privately-owned forum, so your right to "free speech" does not exist here. Its the same as some stranger coming into your house, telling you your couch is ugly, and then expecting you to give him a beer out of your fridge. Ain't gonna happen, right? :smilewink:

Guest IguanaKing

That's right, man!!! Just like they said in a movie once... "You're gonna look pretty funny eatin' corn-on-the-cob with no f***in' teeth!" :D

Guest IguanaKing

As soon as the government of Kazakhstan starts paying for this forum to be here, then your link might actually be relevant. Web-sites cost money, and the people paying for them have the right to tell you what rules you'll live by. If you don't like that, you also have freedom of choice. You don't have to visit us anymore. :D

I see.

Good.

Thank god where I live we got freedom of speach.

This is a privately owned internet forum and when you registered you automatically accepted to abide by the "house rules" - one of which is not to use the forum to vent your general discontent with particular companies or organisations.

So "get used to it".

JJ

This is a privately owned internet forum and when you registered you automatically accepted to abide by the "house rules" - one of which is not to use the forum to vent your general discontent with particular companies or organisations.

So "get used to it".

WRONG. Even a private forum is subjected to RESPECT rights - in this case, FREEDOM of speech.

YOU get used to it.

WRONG. Even a private forum is subjected to RESPECT rights - in this case, FREEDOM of speech.

YOU get used to it.

When you post here you will comply with the rules of this forum or your posting privileges will be suspended.....end of discussion.

JJ

Guest IguanaKing

YOU get used to it.

Again, you are mistaken. The governments of free countries cannot dictate to web-site owners what they can and cannot have on their sites, as long as it doesn't condone activity which is contrary to the laws of that country. This is a forum which falls into that category, and it does not condone criminal activity, therefore, it can make its own rules about who it will accept and what it will allow them to say. If you make unfounded, slanderous remarks about a software package these guys support, they are allowed...BY LAW...to not let you play here. You have the FREEDOM to go somewhere else. Is that clear enough for you? :D

This is all very interesting.... (or not)

but i am still unable to play the game without having to reinstall it

and F-15 and all the other add-ons every 3/4 startups.

Silent hunter iii has the same type of protection but works without any problem on my system (which is bog standard).

can anyone help please...

I don't know what causes the problem you experience, but it is clearly a bug of some sort, so I have moved your thread from General Discussion section here.

And this is where it belongs.

sorry I know you are right....

but the post in the bug forum got no replies....

however even waking up the post in the general forum has not helped me because I still can't play the game easily...

sorry I know you are right....

but the post in the bug forum got no replies....

however even waking up the post in the general forum has not helped me because I still can't play the game easily...

I haven't experienced that issue before Colubridae, so I cannot give you any advice at this moment.

But I will pass it on and see if we can figure out what the problem is.

JJ

Guest IguanaKing

Heh...I think the first picture looks more like AH, myself.

(For your inner sound when reading, try to imagine an Australian guy doing a Scots accent.) "They can take our ability to illegally duplicate disks, they can pay for an on-line community that helps us work through our individual problems with the game. But they can never take...our...FREEDOM!!!" :D