starforce undhandled exception

colubridae

Guest IguanaKing

Heh...Kenny McCormick. :D

"Oh my god!!! They killed Kenny!"

"You bastards!!!!"

Fine, you just go ahead and skip church, and when you die, you can answer to Satan! :)

I haven't experienced that issue before Colubridae, so I cannot give you any advice at this moment.

But I will pass it on and see if we can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks for your reply...

At last someone sounds constructive.

I do own the game. I bought the lock on gold copy from amazon uk.

I cannot produce the receipt, i bought it a while back.

I cannot pin down what causes it to go inoperable... only that if I do a lot of other work in between startups, it fails.

All the other games work fine including Silent hunter III, which uses the same type of protection as starforce.

as I said before i'm not trying to bash SF but I want to play the game, and i cannot contemplate BS if the same things happens...

please help

Guest IguanaKing

Col,

Do you have any more info you can give us? System specs would be helpful, along with the exact OS you are running and the video driver version you are using. Your problem sounds like an OS/video driver conflict to me.

Just out of OT curiosity, what types of colubrids do you have? I'm a reptile man too, so I'm just curious. :D

Have you tried getting the latest SF patch and see if that helps?

Does a SF window ever come up? or just crash?

Thanks for offering to help prophet...

I did not know there was a starforce patch can you advise exactly what to do please...

In answer to your query

starforce comes up as normal checks disk, if there etc...

but after 3/4 starts, with stuff going on between, then it fails with the messages shown at the start of this thread.

as I said before, I cannot pin down what upsets starforce.

using the internet/using other games/using other software/ reading disks/

all seem to cause the problem, but randomly,,, if that makes sense.

all other games work without problem.

I have reinstalled my entire system in an attempt to cure the problem, but no luck...

(i did manage to get rid of a lot os useless junk.

any help appreciated...

copying lockon directory out and back in does not solve problem...

reinstalling 1.12a does...

Have you tried just uninstalling the SF driver from control panel add/remove? When you start the game again, it will reinstall it.

That may solve the problem, instead of reinstalling all of LOMAC, and would much much faster.

Its hard to tell what the exact problem is, you say you have SH3 and it also works? Shouldnt it have the same CD protection from SF or no?

The error points directly to a line in the code that is failing, but since it is SF code, you may try and e-mail them.

It really seems like a SF bug, not a LOMAC bug. But from the star-force site, it says that ED's SF representative needs to contact them. You may need to send ED like a DXdiag report or something that gives all your system info, so they can pass that and the error to SF support.

Have you tried just uninstalling the SF driver from control panel add/remove? When you start the game again, it will reinstall it.

That may solve the problem, instead of reinstalling all of LOMAC, and would much much faster.

Its hard to tell what the exact problem is, you say you have SH3 and it also works? Shouldnt it have the same CD protection from SF or no?

The error points directly to a line in the code that is failing, but since it is SF code, you may try and e-mail them.

It really seems like a SF bug, not a LOMAC bug. But from the star-force site, it says that ED's SF representative needs to contact them. You may need to send ED like a DXdiag report or something that gives all your system info, so they can pass that and the error to SF support.

Thanks prophet...

yes it is starforce....

Yes lomac works fine...(better than fine)...

yes I've been in lengthy communication with starforce...

No... they have not been able to cure the problem....

I have given them all the information that is available to me...

Yes silent hunter works in a very similar way but does not have this problem.....

I will try your suggestion to remove starforce drivers....

very frustrated by situation..

SF are trying to help i know, but they aren't acheiving very much...

regards TJ

Thanks for instructions

Have contacted ED support as you instruct, but am very nervous of situation. It is very difficult to explain situation without making negative comments about SF. i.e. their software is 'apparently' not working as it should. I know ED are very tetchy about people complaining about SF.

The fact remains that it is (apparently) not working as it should.

col