Changing Mirage controls in DCS Main Menu leads to black screen

Kappi

Hello guys,

I´m posting this into the M2000 section since it only happens when I change the controls of the Mirage in the DCS Main Menu, changing the controls of other modules doesn´t lead to that error.

As soon as I change anything in the Mirage controls and confirm that by pressing OK, I get a black screen, still can hear the main menu theme and nothing happens. I need to Alt+Tab out of the game and close it via Windows.:(

The strange thing is that this only occurs in the main menu. As soon as I fly the Mirage and open the control settings via ESC, I can change everything without any errors or crashs.

Any suggestions what´s the reason for this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

• 7 months later...
Any suggestions what´s the reason for this?

TL;DR:

Removing "Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\M-2000C", letting DCS re-create a new profile for the M-2000C and re-inputing your key assignments may work.

Detail:

I suspect it's due to changes in or duplicates of default key assignments but can't be certain.

Last month I checked my own modules and only 2 (the Harrier and Viggen) caused a black screen if control assignments were edited via the GUI option 'cog'.

When I scrolled through the Harrier key assignments, some lines were highlighted in 'red'

Since I allowed DCS to rebuild "Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\AV8BNA" the problem is fixed and Harrier key assignments can be edited via the GUI 'cog' without causing a ''black screen' lockup on exiting the settings page.

I've just done the same for the Viggen input folder and rebuilding my key assignments for that module also fixed it. YMMV

Edited by Ramsay
Just done the same for the Viggen input folder

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 weeks later...
I had this problem with the AV-8 when changing axis assignments. I was able to get it work when I was in the aircraft rather than the main menu. Barao you might want to try it there.

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280