AI decision making

Essah

getting repeatedly frustrated about the AI seemingly not giving a shit about instructions given to it in the editor. I just attempted to make a Slight of Anti-ship SU-25TM armed with antiship missiles to approach the target fleet at 200 feet and the ai of course decides its better off immidiatly climbing to 10.000 and firering from there despite having waypoints set to 200 feet.

I understand there's an interest in getting better range from higher altitude but I wanted the AI to deliver from sea skimming and it doesn't seem to obay.

Anyone else find the AI to do its own thing always?

Isn't 500ft kind of like a "hard deck" for the AI? Even though you can set lower wpts... It seems to have been as long as I can remember. If you set wpts to 300 or 500ft, does it follow that?

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I know some weapons have specific attack parameters that the AI will try to fulfill when attacking. For instance when engaging air targets the AI will generally try to climb to altitude if the target is far enough away. I tried to reproduce the behavior for anti-ship but I couldn't. Did an air start at 50m and AI stayed at that altitude for the actual attack.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I know some weapons have specific attack parameters that the AI will try to fulfill when attacking. For instance when engaging air targets the AI will generally try to climb to altitude if the target is far enough away. I tried to reproduce the behavior for anti-ship but I couldn't. Did an air start at 50m and AI stayed at that altitude for the actual attack.

I've Attached my mission file for you to replicate it. If you are able to see what I'm doing differently I'd be very happy to hear what it is. I abandoned the mission idea so its in an incomplete state. Made with the current DCS 1.5 OpenBeta version (as of 11/12-2017)

OperationIncision FleetDefence.rar

ROE Weapons Free is the culprit.

AI has no assigned targets for the first few waypoints. ROE Weapons free allows the AI to attack any target. The fleet is over the horizon and the E-2D is sitting at altitude pinging off the Su-25TM's RWR. Therefore the AI attempt to attack the E-2D and climb in altitude to engage it. Eventually they get tasking and the defenses of the ships are a threat, so they switch targets. Changing ROE to the default "Only designated" results in the flight flying low. Though the wingman is a little high.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum