Maverick won't lock certain targets

Eldur

I was following

tutorial video, but my D Mavs won't just lock on to Shilkas and Strelas, even going as close as 1.5nm. I just wonder if this still is the old bug or feature, whatever you might call it, as known from the A-10C. Looks like they never sorted this one at ED. In the Hog, I just went over to FC since most air defence units don't run around or I just used other weapons instead.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I've killed hundreds of Shilkas on the A-10 with D Mavs. I will test It with the Harrier.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

You can't expect much with my little pony at the wheel

giphy.gif

Repped

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

question about the Mav D, is its camera supposed to jump around when slewing to a target? its making it very hard for me to pick a specific target from a long distance, even when zoomed in. i'm talking about after you've used the DMT to get the Mav's camera to the general target area already and its locked onto the ground

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

question about the Mav D, is its camera supposed to jump around when slewing to a target? its making it very hard for me to pick a specific target from a long distance, even when zoomed in. i'm talking about after you've used the DMT to get the Mav's camera to the general target area already and its locked onto the ground

Yes it doesnt ground track. If you slew the DMT to the target however, the Mav will slave to the same location, then all you have to do is wait for it to lock, no extra slewing required.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Just gave it another try and I had no problems now dealwithit.png

Maybe I just did something wrong or ran into some bugs as that exact sortie where I couldn't lock on my Mavs had that double PPM FF issue. This is Early Access after all rainbowdashwink.png

Too bad I didn't keep a track of that bug show, but it would have been a 4+hrs one with the essential part right at the end twi-norly.png

Seems like rearming with differing loadouts might cause the issue. I used Lau-10 and 3 launchers before switching to AGM-65Ds. Could the "max 2 weapon types + Sidearm" rule get triggered maybe? Basically I had 3 types, but never more than 2 at the same time. The Mavs were the third one.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 4 years later...

I just wanted to confirm I'm still having trouble with the Mavericks on the Harrier locking. That's when the screen isn't black. Ok, I get that it's working for most people but I've seen scattered reports of it not working. Rather frustrating, and yes. I'm doing everything 'by the book' and by that, I mean the updated book from about 6 months ago. I'm tired of uninstalling and reinstalling the harrier to get it to work, as I said elsewhere, I'm giving up on the harrier. I have other modules I can learn. I'm writing this just so anyone else having this intermittent, somewhat rare, but real problem doesn't think they're mad or useless (sorta where I'd got to before I found the scattered reports). It's not you, it's a conflict somewhere, maybe with some mod or other. Anyway, life's too short to spend it second guessing my procedures anymore.