i know its been said but i have to express....

chafa2

I've read this forum as a guest for a long time now. I have played LO for quite a long time. I love the sim. However, having watched delay after delay concerning BS I have to express my dismay at the timeline by which the development has progressed. I know if I was this far off from my advertised date I would have lost my business. I will buy BS and enjoy it I'm sure but my faith in the company to maintain its own schedule has never been less.

Please feel free to flame or such. I held off this long but I had to vent a little.

Thank you

I don't know what you do for a living, but have you never had to postpone one project for another? :)

Black Shark is coming along fine, but the reason that it is late is that it is not the only project that ED is working on, that's all. It'll be out sometime this year :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I've worked at IBM, Intel and now Apple. I've delayed a project before and got my ass chewed out for it and we're talking about something like a week delay on a chipset for motherboards that will be mass produced. In the computer world 1 year is considered “old school”.

Having said that... ED isn't IBM, Intel or Apple, so you have to cut them A LOT of slack. They're not in some upscale building with thousands of people working on one project getting free Snapple. I think for what they have to work with and what they put out is amazing.

What’s sad is by the time they do release a product it is no longer that innovative. Look at the game "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl" by another Russian company, when the first prototype was shown it was innovative, now it's nothing special and they haven't even released it yet, they plan to in a couple of months. (I’ll still get it because of the plot)

I think Lock On has held up damn well over time, but remember that Black Shark demo inside the cockpit and the TrackIR moving all around it? Innovative now but if it keeps getting delayed it won't be so cool once 10 other companies come out with the same thing and versions for the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One thing to note also. They have never advertised a release date.

So its hard to miss something you never said you were going to make.

I'm sorry, I must have mistaken that date on index page that said estimated release date mm/dd/yy for an estimated release date. I understand it is great undertaking to produce such great work. I love the sim as I have said. It's just that I recall that date on the index page was at one time march 06. I'm sorry to rehash this topic as I know it has been discussed. I have however not expressed myself on this topic and so I did. Perhaps a constant nudge by the consumer will assist in maintaining a need to complete the project.

Thank you

I'm sorry, I must have mistaken that date on index page that said estimated release date mm/dd/yy for an estimated release date. I understand it is great undertaking to produce such great work. I love the sim as I have said. It's just that I recall that date on the index page was at one time march 06. I'm sorry to rehash this topic as I know it has been discussed. I have however not expressed myself on this topic and so I did. Perhaps a constant nudge by the consumer will assist in maintaining a need to complete the project.

Thank you

There is a big difference between estimating, and giving an actual date.

And no, no nudging will do any good. Because if it did, there would be more bitching here about bugs, than there are currently wondering about the release date.

No offense meant by this, just a statement of fact:

No nudge is required. The development of Black Shark is proceeding as fast as possible. As I said, there are many time-consuming tasks to do :)

I understand your frustration though. Keep watching this forum :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I just heard About Lock on a month ago and Flaming Cliffs a week ago and Black shark a week ago too. So I feel lucky that I have not had ot wait. As long as its as good as a game as Lock on is than it will be worth the wait.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Abit IS7-E2 MB

P4 3.06 GHZ Prescott Hyper Threading CPU 800Mhz FSB

2 Gigs Corasir XMS DDR2 Dual Chanel Ram

Geforce 7800 GS CO 256MB DDR3 AGP 8X Video Card Forceware Driver 93.71 11/2/06

Audigy 4 Sound Card

500W Coller masters PSU

Logitech Extreme 3D pro

There is a big difference between estimating, and giving an actual date.

And no, no nudging will do any good. Because if it did, there would be more bitching here about bugs, than there are currently wondering about the release date.

Perhaps then no date should be posted on the site as it causes people to estimate when they can purchase the product. When this date is not met, it increases the frustration factor. With every extention of that date, that factor is also increased.

I hope I have presented my opinion in a well mannered post. I love the sim and will love BS as well. Movies like GA's project 50 was a real treat. Having said that I wont extend this thread any further.

Thank you

Though delays are always disappointing, they are not new. I cant think of one piece of software that Ive wanted that has come out without any delays or missed dead-lines. Its to the point that I expect them, and provided that the final product is acceptable, then I dont mind. That said, Im suprised that threads like these exist anymore. Honestly, everything gets delayed! And I say that not as a negative thing, but as something factual.

Im as anxious for Back Shark as the next guy, maybe more so, but I accept the delays. The environment here is way better than many other places. We get regular interaction from devs and beta testers which I think is very valuable. The example that comes to mind for me was the last Splinter Cell game. There was little information, insane delays (one week delays, 2 or 3 times in a row) and barely any information from anyone important. The product ended up being (in my mind) inferior to the previous three titles. If the team stays silent, then they break no estimations, but that does not ensure a good product. Back on point, this thread expressed frustration over the delays in the game. However, one cannot predict or prevent them all the time. The only thing that could have been done differently is less communication from anyone official. Would that have been better? Not unless 'better' only means the absence of minor disappointments.

One thing to note also. They have never advertised a release date.

So its hard to miss something you never said you were going to make.

If I recall correctly, ED WERE handing out flyers at MAKS or similar with "March 2006" printed on them. This then worked it's way back through rumours etc to become an "official" release date.

I remember being surprised at the time that they thought it would be out so fast . . . . . think someone was a bit optimistic.

The longer you wait for black shark to get launched the less you will complain about missing features, bugs and the less time you have to wait for a patch.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Last year there were was a 'March 06' on the BS mainsite. Now the official word is 2007, wich I think is a good move.

Personaly I am happy with the pace BS advances. They seem to take the time requiered to actualy make BS a helicopter sim and not just a helo added to a flightsim. I consider BS as a standalone helicopter sim, that has some old flyables left as a bonus. If you look at it like waiting for Longbow 3 or Hind 2, and not like waiting for a addon, the development lenght doesn't seem so long anymore.

The only thing I think could be better is information on the sim. You have to dig in the forums to find a little detail every once and then. A frequent development diary would be a great thing.