Targetting and Mavs

Fanatic

Has anyone got a tutorial for how to lock targets for Mavs? I’m lost, watched videos and read guides but still clueless. I have a Warthog also if anyone can assist I’d be really grateful.

I somehow managed to lock and fire one, but then I couldn’t recentre the Mav. Or slew anything, or . The A-10 is so simple compared to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone got a tutorial for how to lock targets for Mavs? I’m lost, watched videos and read guides but still clueless. I have a Warthog also if anyone can assist I’d be really grateful.

I somehow managed to lock and fire one, but then I couldn’t recentre the Mav. Or slew anything, or . The A-10 is so simple compared to this.

A-10A is simple, but the A-10C is far more complex and harrier is simpler.

Notice that you need to be in "IRMV" mode instead "INS" as mentioned in that position.

The process mainly goes that you press Sensor button twice to Aft to turn On ARBS/DMT.

Move it on target and leave it just there as it is ground stabilized.

Then have the Mavericks cooled and selected, press Cage/Uncage button to uncage Maverick.

Now the maverick seeker head will sync with the ARBS/DMT and auto-lock when it comes to range, or when you press TDC Down/Action.

Now you can launch the Maverick.

After launch you get new maverick that is synced with ARBS/DMT and you can move ARBS/DMT to new target and get lock on maverick and launch.

After a few trials it will come to you as second thing, and is far more easier to use than Maveric on either A-10 as you don't need to manage the different targeting systems with ARBS/DMT but just select the weapons you want to deploy there. So you have only one targeting to do, select the weapon and launch/release/fire when in such parameters.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Is there a way to reset the TGP or Mav seeker to your hud? I reset what ever it is locked back to the meatball.

I'm guessing you're looking for the "Target Undesignate" button on the stick, which sends it back to boresight use.

Speaking of mavericks, having trouble getting a lock when it is slewed via the DMT+seeker, seems like it can't acquire any lock so I'm forced to switch to IRMV mode and slew the Mav ever so slightly, which is annoying if trying to pick out individual targets via the DMT.

Edited by Sephyrius

Is there a way to reset the TGP or Mav seeker to your hud? I reset what ever it is locked back to the meatball.

Press the NWS Button to slew all back to center position.

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

The “cool” switch has to be on in order for the Mavericks to work properly I did not know that . I thought that was just for the sidewinders. FYI YouTube “RED KITE”has got some awesome videos on how to use the AV 88

Edited by Hermit713

All right the cool switch didn’t do anything for making the Mavericks work any better in general and Nevada the Mavericks have a hell of a time locking up the mobile Sam trucks they lock and everything else quite easily but for some reason the trucks are really difficult maybe there some sort of anti-reflective material or something like that but that was my biggest issue is I can lock everything else like at 9 to 10 miles, but with those trucks barely at 6 to 5 miles or closer.

This was even with the A-10c, And they are stupid easy to get locked up at a distance usually so something with this recent change update, it’s really affected need to ability of the Mavericks to lock onto these Sam vehicles. ( sorry I don’t know the name but I believe they’re the ones that look like a halo vehicle ).

The “cool” switch has to be on in order for the Mavericks to work properly I did not know that . I thought that was just for the sidewinders. FYI YouTube “RED KITE”has got some awesome videos on how to use the AV 88

The cool switch has nothing to do with AGM-65 (IRMV)

IAW A1-AV8B-TAC-000, page1-301, para 1.14.5.4.8

1.14.5.4.8 IR COOL Switch. The IR COOL

switch is a two position switch with positions IR

COOL and OFF. The switch enables the pilot to

manually apply IR detector cooling to the

sidewinder seekers for pre-flight operation or in

backup mode in case of a stores management

computer failure. Positioning the switch to IR

COOL applies cooling to all sidewinder stations

with a sidewinder or sidearm loaded. Positioning

the switch to OFF deselects IR cooling. The IR

COOL switch must be returned to the OFF

position prior to flight.

On aircraft with Sidearms loaded the IR

COOL switch should not be positioned to IR

COOL except for preflight check of sidewinders.

In the IR COOL position the seeker hardware in

the sidearm will uncage and the seeker will

free-float, however, the movement will terminate

at the gimbal stops. Excessive and uncontrolled

contact with the gimbal stop can cause seeker

damage.

page 3-1, para 3.3.2

3.3.2 IR Coolant Switch. The IR coolant

switch is a two position switch with positions of

OFF and IR COOL. The switch enables the pilot

to manually apply IR (infrared) detector cooling

to the Sidewinder seekers. Sidewinder seekers

must be cooled for proper operation. Placing the

IR coolant switch to IR COOL applies cooling to

all Sidewinder stations. Placing the switch to

OFF deselects IR cooling. For additional information

refer to chapter 1, paragraph 1.14.5.4.8.

Sidewinder seeker cooling is automatically initiated by

the SMC when a Sidewinder is selected

and the master arm switch is placed to ARM.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I've removed this because the given procedure isn't just wrong, it rarely works. Guess we shouldn't trust all YT tutorials...

Edited by Brixmis
updated

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

The D model Maverick works just as advertised but I am having one heck of a time getting the K model to function at all. Someone mentioned that it is having problems with contrast but with the FOV on narrow, the target is clearly in the cross hairs but still no lock. And yes, I do have the seeker set to TV.

I find it somewhat odd that every single Youtube video that I have seen on how to employ the Mavs never mentions the AGM-65K. Is this missile not working and they just forgot to say anything?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The D model Maverick works just as advertised but I am having one heck of a time getting the K model to function at all. Someone mentioned that it is having problems with contrast but with the FOV on narrow, the target is clearly in the cross hairs but still no lock. And yes, I do have the seeker set to TV.

I find it somewhat odd that every single Youtube video that I have seen on how to employ the Mavs never mentions the AGM-65K. Is this missile not working and they just forgot to say anything?

They aren't implemented by RAZBAM yet. Only the IR mavs (D & G) are functional atm.

Along the same lines, is there a way to return the Mavericks to the DMT designated spot? Ie if I skew the Mac seeker then want to return to the DMT, how can I do that? I’ve tried cage/uncage but that just takes it to wherever it was last looking.

Along the same lines, is there a way to return the Mavericks to the DMT designated spot? Ie if I skew the Mac seeker then want to return to the DMT, how can I do that? I’ve tried cage/uncage but that just takes it to wherever it was last looking.

I'm not 100% sure, but have you tried AG undesignate?

I would like to know if this is possible (maybe a quirk of the EA?)

Yes, it is.

Once you have thee DMT over your target, uncage the missile to attack it. Once you attack it, cage the maverick and DMT will be in the same old position.

Good luck,

Sydy

wanted to piggy back on this instead of starting a new thread with a mav question:

i can successfully fire off some mavs, but i find it very difficult to get a lock. once i uncage the mav and it auto-slews to the DMT point, the mav will never just lock on, no matter how close i am. i always have to manually "wiggle" the mav seeker a little to get a lock.

is this how everyone else does it?

steps i take:

1) slew DMT cursor to my target and lock it into place

2) uncage mav, allowing the seeker to slew to my DMT cursor right on the target

3) press sensor select up to select the mav as the main sensor

4) so now the mav seeker is RIGHT on top of my target, but it won't lock. i have to quickly just tap slew left or slew right to "wiggle" the seeker, and then hope it snaps back into target lock on my actual target. however if there are multiple vehicles in close proximity, it will usually snap to another one...this is where the frustration occurs

any help is much appreciated!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

4) so now the mav seeker is RIGHT on top of my target, but it won't lock.

You have to press TDC Action to get lock.

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

You have to press TDC Action to get lock.

thanks for your response. it tried that after selecting sensor select up, but it still won't lock unless i wiggle the seeker cursor :(

i tried this from 3nm out. pressed TDC action over and over but no lock. as soon as i move the seeker cursor left or right just a tiny but, it snaps back and locks

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules