Why Christen Eagle II?

Dolphin887

Again I'd like to point out that they didn't need to stop development for other modules.

You’re right, they didn’t need too, and yet the MiG-21 remains stagnant. If it really was an internal model that they wanted to share, charging for it is just insult to injury. Look I get that companies need to make money, but this is the same slippery slope argument of DCS WWII. When it becomes apparent that you can make more income with less effort by cranking out relatively (compared to more modern jets) simple prop aircraft, where is the incentive to make the more complex models? ED is a big enough team that they can better absorb having one side doing the WWII cash factory and another side doing the F/A-18, but these smaller 3rd parties? Not likely.

I could tolerate the jet trainers, because those could reasonably lead to bigger and badder jets. But this? This is a bad sign. And the way they announced shows a clear disconnect between them and much of the community.

Edited by Subferro
  • Like 1

This module is not something that I would like to add, not even to support the devs.

I would preferred additions of other versions of the Mig21 platform.

I'm assuming the devs will be continue working fixing the issues in the current release of the mig21.

I'm assuming the devs will be continue working fixing the issues in the current release of the mig21.

The problem with that assumption is that this is a very, very small team. They don't have the manpower to do two things at once.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The interesting part of all of this is that when ED announced Yak52 I haven't seen such very powerful oposition...

Looks like a cool plane.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

The interesting part of all of this is that when ED announced Yak52 I haven't seen such very powerful oposition...

The Yak was announced as a privately funded project for which ED received permission to release into DCS World. This is a purpose built aircraft for, apparently, no other reason than that they thought they could sell it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Still try to compare stats of Yak and Eagle. Its like night and day. One is a slow trainer, while the other is a stunt plane.

I think some people might be interested. For example these guys were flying P-51D in races:

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

Why Christen Eagle II?

The YouTube video comments say it all IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Lots of passive aggressive comments here. Disappointing to see!

Wishing you guys all the best with this. I’ve been eagerly awaiting some civvy aircraft as I’ve never really enjoyed FSX or the other civvy sims. It’s great to see DCS evolving into a broader platform, and I’ve no doubt it’ll drive a new demographic into the community!

Long may it continue!

476th vFG Alumni

Because they didn't create such hype train for yak-52 they just show it to us and thats ok. I think that CE2 can be even fun in aerobatic servers. But as many of you mentioned mig-21 is broken for so long that I sometimes think that ED should move them to mods section, get their MIG-21 with all rights and finish it properly with better flight model. What a shame that such a great plane get rusty in my hangar...

Initially, I was a little bit confused regarding this decision to implement this airplane. But what I forgot and quickly realized, was the fidelity and potential the DCS Engine holds. I'm not sure about the scope of this potential or what the future will hold, but it's always been my desire to see a civilian flight simulator (not like unlike XP11, FSX or P3D) but with the same fidelity of flight modelling that we have all come to love in the DCS community.

Maybe I'm off on a completely different tangent to what is relevant, but that's just my two cents.

I'll buy this, as the love of aviation isn't conditional and if it's something built on passion, it deserves to exist so that others can enjoy it as well.

I was going to read all of the thread before i posted, but this post has captured my thoughts pretty much exactly.

Having invested time and money in to 2 alternative sims and been left feeling short changed i always come back to DCS.

Of the sims mentioned above, 1 has 3 feet in the grave, the other has ski jumps on runways and needs a supercomputer to get past 20FPS, and I've never had any luck with TrackIR in it either, awkward positions are required to achieve what in real life are simple head movements, and then the fact that my head frequently ends up in the back seat or outside next to the engine cowling along with a blast of engine noise to the headphones... no thanks.

Had enough of them, and it put me to thinking how nice a 172 would be if it were done DCS way.

Can appreciate the positions of those pointing out the 'combat' in DCS, but there are those of us that also have a love for craft outside the combat designation, and those 'other' sims people are pointing out really are not DCS standard.

We have something special here, and i'd love to see it expand beyond the combat bounds.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

Because they didn't create such hype train for yak-52 they just show it to us and thats ok. I think that CE2 can be even fun in aerobatic servers. But as many of you mentioned mig-21 is broken for so long that I sometimes think that ED should move them to mods section, get their MIG-21 with all rights and finish it properly with better flight model. What a shame that such a great plane get rusty in my hangar...

I didn't see any hype really. I come here to see if something new happens and it was quite quiet lately. Maybe the toxic VEAO haters just switched to another target?

I mean its not like they canceled the Corsair right? I think it is still in production...

My channel:

Honestly, am I going to buy this? No, it's not one I want.

However, I can see why LN have done it and I appreciate that.

DCS has one of the, if not the, best flight simulation platforms out in the market and because of that the acrobatics servers are often full, so there's definitely a niche market.

It's also going to allow LN to develop their code models for prop planes, making them the first 3rd Party Dev to bring a prop to DCS.

A biplane is also a first. I bet Yo-Yo is interested in the FM/aero interaction at the very least.

I agree with the others though, considering how obviously divisive this airplane would be, the hyping was poorly judged and shouldn't have been done.

Also, for the people saying "COMBAT!11!": the DCS product description also points out it is a sandbox, and up until recent changes in the wording, it previously said it was a sandbox for all types of aviation, not just military.

Edited by Buzzles
  • Like 2

I mean its not like they canceled the Corsair right? I think it is still in production...

Based on what? They have a total of about four employees. I would imagine that all of them are working on this aircraft. Certainly, they don't have the staff to work on the Corsair, this project and the needed fixes for the Mig-21.

I was going to read all of the thread before i posted, but this post has captured my thoughts pretty much exactly.

Having invested time and money in to 2 alternative sims and been left feeling short changed i always come back to DCS.

Of the sims mentioned above, 1 has 3 feet in the grave, the other has ski jumps on runways and needs a supercomputer to get past 20FPS, and I've never had any luck with TrackIR in it either, awkward positions are required to achieve what in real life are simple head movements, and then the fact that my head frequently ends up in the back seat or outside next to the engine cowling along with a blast of engine noise to the headphones... no thanks.

Had enough of them, and it put me to thinking how nice a 172 would be if it were done DCS way.

Can appreciate the positions of those pointing out the 'combat' in DCS, but there are those of us that also have a love for craft outside the combat designation, and those 'other' sims people are pointing out really are not DCS standard.

We have something special here, and i'd love to see it expand beyond the combat bounds.

Also my thoughts exactly. We love Hi-Fi FM's!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

I didn't see any hype really. I come here to see if something new happens and it was quite quiet lately.

...then you clearly missed the week of Hints (6 or 7 of them in total) leading up to today's announcement. They created the hype.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

...then you clearly missed the week of Hints (6 or 7 of them in total) leading up to today's announcement. They created the hype.

As disappointing as it is, who are the ones who decided to GET hyped?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

nothing of this would had happened if they already did as ED with Yak-52:

"hey ya!, we've developed a yak 52 for an external client and gave us permission to share with all of you".

In this case could be: "we've got this funny plane we did for our test, we want to share with the community, may you find some use, or at least some of you".

But no, a full week if not more of teasing and making us guess creating an unstoppable hypetrain, sometimes i ask myself if developers stop and read the forums to know from were the wind's blowing, specially if you're going to develop for a module for the sim this community dwells. This has been a brutal take down to a big majority of the community. Especially when they have a fantasticand very popular module with a clear demand of fixes that should had been done time ago. No need to be a genius to understand community's reaction. Its quite worth this reaction in fact

Edited by Sarraceno

I will buy instantly!

• Like 1

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]