Why Christen Eagle II?

Dolphin887

One more thing to mention...

A lot of the hate seems to spew from those claiming the Mig-21 is broken... I don't have the mig-21 so can't comment on it's "completedness", but up until today I've never seen so many posts complaining about it, which makes me wonder if it's really broken or if the haters are grasping at straws because that's all they've got left.

I'm still a little torn on this.

While like others I had dreams of a full fidelity mig-29, there was nothing that could've indicated what the model was going to be, and therefore the only expectations developed where those we put into our own head.

Does the plane fit in DCS? Maybe it does. It's not a combat plane but to my knowledge no other sim provides the fidelity level for flight characteristics that DCS does. So while it's not a plane that fits into the "combat simulator" model we all subscribe to, it is definitely a plane that will take advantage of and show off DCS's dedication to producing lifelike flight characteristics.

For me, I don't know if I will buy it for the simple reason that I'm not super interested in aerobatics. That said, I support it if it brings fresh money and fresh blood into DCS. I think the risk that civ planes will dilute the "purpose" of DCS is small. A 737 model in here wouldn't stand a chance, aerobatic birds are a different ball game... they at least will take advantage of the environment DCS has provided so I have no objection to it.

I really don't get the hate, if you don't like it don't buy it. Simple as that. As I said, the only expectations were the ones we made for ourselves. I'm disappointed it wasn't a plane I'd been lusting after, but just because I didn't get what I want isn't a reason to trash the developer... Maybe this will give them the funding to develop a full fidelity Mig-29 in the long-run.

+1 There's a lot of children in adult bodies that are going far over the top right now.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Well, even if i support M3, i know it's not the end.

Maybe i'm in my denial phase after the death of my hopes and LNS' dignity but i'm pretty sure we can expect something better from them.

If you seen their trailer, you just saw a terrible video with a poorly incrusted M3 logo up left to (sometime) hide the video recorder's user interface, a terrible montage with framedrop & terrible zoom, all of that for a terrible plane.

Is that the reality we live in ? I don't think so. This video is too simple, after all we've gone through, it can't be this plane we were waiting for. Or rather, it may be the one they intended us to wait for, but there must be something under the hood. You can't go from a very stylish teaser with ZX Spectrum virtually showing nothing BUT what the user want to see, and then bam a rookie montage from 2008 done with Windows Movie Maker showing what they hinted us for.

No. The answer is elsewhere and we should get into an epic quest to find it

Think outside the cube.

• Like 1

While it isn't an aircraft I am interested in... it does have an audience. Virtual airshows are a thing in DCS and a group of people flying in these would be pretty cool.

It isn't like this aircraft took as long as some of the more complicated modules to make (at least I wouldn't think so).... so I don't see the big deal.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Maybe i'm in my denial phase after the death of my hopes and LNS' dignity but i'm pretty sure we can expect something better from them.

If you seen their trailer, you just saw a terrible video with a poorly incrusted M3 logo up left to (sometime) hide the video recorder's user interface, a terrible montage with framedrop & terrible zoom, all of that for a terrible plane.

Is that the reality we live in ? I don't think so. This video is too simple, after all we've gone through, it can't be this plane we were waiting for. Or rather, it may be the one they intended us to wait for, but there must be something under the hood. You can't go from a very stylish teaser with ZX Spectrum virtually showing nothing BUT what the user want to see, and then bam a rookie montage from 2008 done with Windows Movie Maker showing what they hinted us for.

Think outside the cube.

Agree, I still think this is a very bad joke from their part. I mean nobody can take this seriously! As it's totally illogical, not DCS related & will probably lead to the end of this company.

Still waiting for the real reveal ;).

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Think outside the cube.

+1 this is either a godawful joke, or a blatant money grab. They put M21 development on hold for this, leaving a lot of paying customers in the wind with a broken plane. If there "on the edge" flight characteristics with the M21 are anything to go on, this will be arcade or broken. This is really taking down the quality of the DCS universe, and the backlash here, their youtube page, reddit, their facebook page and closed communities is evident of that.

A-10C Noob - Watch out, I may happen to fly my hog into your car!

Win 7x64 - Core-i7 4770k, 16GB Ram, Titan X, Obutto Cockpit with 3x 27" screens.

If you want to do non-military plane than model Jumbo 787 or 747-8 than some plane for spreading anti-bug pesticide over a corn-field :P

Just half-kiddin'.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Personally my only biggest beef with this is, DCS is for combat strictly. Like it says in the name "Digital COMBAT Simulator". Maybe ED and TFC could make another game just like this called "Digital Commercial Simulator" or Digital Civil Simulator" and keep it for planes like these.

Current DCS is strictly for combat aircraft which is why the crowd here is for that. No hate to you guys, and I really appreciate taking the time to make this. But I really don't expect to see many people buy this. But All the best for it anyways

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I think it'll be fun. I'm planning on buying it. I enjoy flying flight simulators for the *flight*. The combat is just the icing on the cake.

And the simple fact is, no other simulator models flight quite as realistically as DCS, and certainly not with the same graphical quality and performance.

I've thought for a long time that there's scope within DCS for civilian modules if they had some form of interesting mechanics (helimed, search and rescue, police helicopter etc). This isn't just a Cessna 172, it's a high performance aerobatics aircraft. So it'll offer an interesting experience to those willing to learn it.

• Like 1

+1 There's a lot of children in adult bodies that are going far over the top right now.

Too true. It's as if they haven't any self control. Like they are habit-bound to make the purchase.

Don't buy it. That sends a much more clear message than a flurry of unfunny memes.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I like it, and more diversity is good :)

Looking forward to some videos from aerobatic teams and also from mock dogfights with 51/109/190/Spit, should be quite interesting :D

+1 Magnitude for doing something different, and i believe you learn something for future piston engines aircraft dev. on the way as well :)

regards,

RR

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LicRNCpV6AI

Isn't yet time to get this bird it's own thread? Who said it is not fun??!

Edited by BadHabit
  • Like 1

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

I'm all for it.

More aircraft is no bad thing.

Expanding the platform is great, bringing people over from GA will likely bring more from GA to combat which benefits us all. More servers, better MP experience etc.

They said in the FAQ why this plane was made: for the love of flying and as a platform for learning how to bring a prop plane to DCS. Seems a good idea to release the test plane after going to all the effort of building it rather than throwing it away.

Looks like a good bit of fun :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I don't see them making their money back on this. And with the amount of time it takes for modules to be made, I can't help but think they wasted a year or two on this, when they could have made something that people will actually buy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Personally my only biggest beef with this is, DCS is for combat strictly. Like it says in the name "Digital COMBAT Simulator". Maybe ED and TFC could make another game just like this called "Digital Commercial Simulator" or Digital Civil Simulator" and keep it for planes like these.

Current DCS is strictly for combat aircraft which is why the crowd here is for that. No hate to you guys, and I really appreciate taking the time to make this. But I really don't expect to see many people buy this. But All the best for it anyways

Did not notice so much hatred with the YAk tho.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

I don't see them making their money back on this. And with the amount of time it takes for modules to be made, I can't help but think they wasted a year or two on this, when they could have made something that people will actually buy.

Well, I will probably buy this, and yet have no intention of buying Tomcat, Harrier, and until it is complete not the Hornet either ;).

The sentiment some people show with saying "at least the Yak is military" is also laughter worthy.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

The Yak was first shown as "professional project that we think maybe we'll release to the public", then they simply announced it with no hype. And ED stated that it didn't affect development of other parts or aircraft in DCS. I'm still not convinced, but who I am to argue with Wags.

On the other hand, LNS stated that they put the MiG on backburner because they are focusing on new developments. Just great, isn't it?

This is the first aircraft for DCS that I can say I have zero desire to buy. And this comes from a guy who has bought all the aircraft up to this point and I spent hundreds (maybe even thousands) dollars on addons for other simulators. Enough is enough.

• Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

And you brought all that hype for this? Really?...

This was a huge mistake from you, the community is going mad on the media.

Others that constantly bash developers due to their announcement strategy aren't representing the whole DCS World community on the media.

I don't know if you're reading between the lines but there are also many people liking the idea and their choice while others need to react like wild animals.

• Like 1