Civilian Gazelle

Coxy_99

Counterpoint - versus a 50 to 60$ helicopter for a new customer?

Out of all the aircraft, I have the hardest time flying and fighting in the Gazelle. I don't mind a version where I just have to worry about flying.

Maybe a new customer can pick it up and learn how to fly a helicopter first, before adding weapons and sensors to the mix.

Though if they want to bring out a new chopper like the OH-58 or something else, that's fine by me!

You can do just that now. You don't need to use weapon systems at all if you feel they're too much.

I personally don't care if 30$ civilian version gets released, I wish Polychop all the best, so I wish everyone bought it. I just don't think that will happen.

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

Civil simulator with this tiny maps... highly unlikely

For helicopters, it's big enough. Even if the lack of true open network like IVAO or VATSIM (PilotEdge is DCS compatible), might be another negative point.

Also there's a very good civilian Gazelle from MP Design Studio on FSX/P3D that outride engine limitations, if the DCS civilian Gazelle goes out, it would go head-to-head with it. Sure FSX/P3D as it is may intimidate many people, but it is, as you said much more open world/network : what civilian pilots are searching for.

For what it's worth I'd buy it, be interesting to see the differences between the variants and heck it's another heli right. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Once the model is top notch.... I would love the civil version to be a part of the package, no cost.

I think this would add far greater profit to the company.

It may also offer a path to the pure flight boys to get down into the dirt where the combat chopper belongs.

Having said that I would also pay extra for the civil version but not full DCS warfare module prices.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not have a non weaponised version of the Gazelle which could perform light transport or communication missions. I just don't think many people would buy it seperately. Hmm... perhaps if Polychop (or another developer) were developing a stand alone navigation module, e.g. like the NS430, then it could be bundled with this variant of the Gazelle???

Edited by Django

Regards, Django.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

• 1 month later...

Dear Developer,

Please the next Gazelle helicopter update release without weapon. We need this civil version too. Please remove the helicopter's weapon holders and inside the cabin the gun system.

We really like this helicopter. Please do it for us.

I am thankful.

ps: All of helicopter in DCS have civil version too. ( MI8, UH1)

Zoltan

Westland_SA-341E_Gazelle_HCC4%2C_UK_-_Air_Force_AN1096646.jpg

7923066202_e20384bf38_b.jpg

SA341F+Gazelle+RA-1558G+St.+Petersburg%2C+Russia+6+April+13+%28Igor+Dvurekov%29.jpg

Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz / ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Gaming /Samsung 500GB SSD 860 EVO / Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR-4 16GB/3000 KIT / ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

UH-1H Huey / SA342 Gazelle / Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight / Yak-52 / AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL / F-86F Sabre

• 3 months later...

Why fly civilian in DCS? Well, absent the fact that many, many military pilots fly civilian-ish missions every day, the big fact is that DCS World is far superior to any, ANY alternative like x-plane or Prepar3d. Especially with helicopters. It doesn't have ATC of course, but the built-in ATC in the alternative is junk anyway. DCS VR is also better than the others.

It's an open world - people in it should try to be more open minded.

AS-365 Panther

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

No, thx, no any Cessna ect in Combat Sim. Better for FSX or Prepar3D only.

At least you should include Turbo Porter P6. Not all military operations are about dogfighting, ground-pounding or skirmishing and the P6 was used in the Australian Army early to mid 80's for a variety of roles including the insertion and pickup of recon patrols.

I'm totally disinterested in jets these days and won't be buying any more. Thank goodness for the Huey and the Mi8 but a P6 would be sweet ... so would a Dornier 228 or a Cessna 208.

Just pointing out that the mantra of "no Cessna's etc in a Combat sim" is not only historically inaccurate but pushes the idea of DCS from a serious past-time to simulate real world strategy into a simplified air quake game albeit with complex avionics.

P.S. Just an observation; IMO the oft quoted reference on this thread of how X-Plane is a sub-optimal sim is out of touch with current reality ... ppl may not prefer it over others, that is fine but it's patently not ridiculous as a platform. I would still prefer the open worldness of XP or P3D (their terrain is graphically superior imo) within the context of the DCS flight & systems modelling and mission development universe.

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

I'd personally be happy if they added sling load capability.

IMO, the flight model and mag trim implementation in the Gaz is a mess so I don't really enjoy flying it. I have actually asked for a refund towards another module but was denied. I wish Belsimtek could re do the FM (not to go on a tangent)

I totally agree that DCS is far superior to other sims like X-plane in scenery and VR performance. The argument about no civ in combat sims is redundant as far as the utility helicopters go due to the fact they are so versatile.

Edited by ben1101

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

I'd personally be happy if they added sling load capability.

IMO, the flight model and mag trim implementation in the Gaz is a mess so I don't really enjoy flying it. I have actually asked for a refund towards another module but was denied. I wish Belsimtek could re do the FM (not to go on a tangent)

I totally agree that DCS is far superior to other sims like X-plane in scenery and VR performance. The argument about no civ in combat sims is redundant as far as the utility helicopters go due to the fact they are so versatile.

Usually when people say the Gazelle FM is bad it's because they can't fly it or they do not have decent controls, I'd be interested in what you think is wrong with the Gazelle flight model? :)

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Hi FragBum,

I don't want to go OT but I do have a lot of experience flying helicopters both full size and simulated (X-Plane helicopters and DCS) especially relating to training via simulators. To sum up how I feel about the Gaz is it doesn't feel like a dynamic flight model at all, the joystick response feels wrong in almost an on off way no matter what curves I run and the FFB mechanism doesn't work at all. I have used both G940 and MSFFB2 joysticks that are modified to emulate helicopter controls and VR. I fly DCS for the helicopter's, and I have spent a lot of time trying different settings with this aircraft and it always feels wrong. It really spoils the great work they have done otherwise IMO.

Belsimtek on the other hand have done a brilliant job and I really hope the B0105 has the FM done right when it comes out.

Hope this doesn't piss anyone off.

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

No not at all, I'm keen to find out as much as I can. Appreciate the reply.

BTW I think a door-less civi Gazelle would be the bees knees for cat herding. :D