A-10 ECM and Loadouts

zycore

I know you press the "E" key ot activate your ECM. My question is how do I equip the ECM on my plane? I cant seem to find a load out screen to change what missles and counter measures you have. Can you change the load outs for campaings? Thanks

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Abit IS7-E2 MB

P4 3.06 GHZ Prescott Hyper Threading CPU 800Mhz FSB

2 Gigs Corasir XMS DDR2 Dual Chanel Ram

Geforce 7800 GS CO 256MB DDR3 AGP 8X Video Card Forceware Driver 93.71 11/2/06

Audigy 4 Sound Card

500W Coller masters PSU

Logitech Extreme 3D pro

A-10 ECM

If you have Flaming Cliffs with latest update, you can change you payload in campaigns also. I'm not sure how's it in earlier, like 1.02. However, ECM pod is included to all campaign missions default payloads.

But while arming your plane, it's easy to see. It says "ALQ-131 ECM" when checking the hardpoint.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD 4000+ @ 3000 ::: ATI X1950 XTX @ 702/1044 ::: 2G Corsair TWINX2048 3500LLPRO @ 500 ::: 21" Sony ::: Saitek X45 & P8000 ::: TrackIR 4 Pro

http://www.355stalkingtigers.com

In order to equip just hit "Add" on entry to the "Payload" ME screen. Should already appear as the default choice for pylon 1. Other choices for pylon 1 will be smoke pods.

LockOn_277.jpg

In order to change load-outs for campaigns just de-classify the campaign if the password is provided by the campaign author, alternatively classify and then de-classify yourself, edit the load-out and save accordingly.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ahh it seems I have Lock on v1.02 and flaming cliffs is still in the mail from the other side of the globe. I do not see a load out menu like the screen shot above in Lock on 1.02.

I have another question about ECM I am pressing the "E" key and I dont see any confermation that it is active. Is there a light on the cockpit dash board that lets me know if the ECM is active? I tend to get shot down from Sam's alot and I am trying to complete the campaing with out using Recover feature.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Abit IS7-E2 MB

Audigy 4 Sound Card

500W Coller masters PSU

Logitech Extreme 3D pro

Edit

Ok I found the load out screen. Please bear with me I am still new at this game and there is alot to learn. :book:

I have the ECM as a default on my campaing missions and I am aware to activate the ECM you use the "E" key but I still do not see any confermation that the ECM is active. I also seem to be getting shot down alot by sam's. Thanks

:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Abit IS7-E2 MB

Audigy 4 Sound Card

500W Coller masters PSU

Logitech Extreme 3D pro

Hi mate!

the first screenshot shows ECM off, the second screenshot shows ECM on. And this vid describes some basic missile evasion maneouvers: http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/Video/Outmaneuvering_SAMs-Ironhand.zip

Good hunting! :pilotfly:

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.091c79b0c58447e2d3dd99770b483379.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

Thanks jay but that file is just audio. No video.

Maybe someone could just let me know how to tell if the ECM is active or not? Thanks again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Abit IS7-E2 MB

Audigy 4 Sound Card

500W Coller masters PSU

Logitech Extreme 3D pro

That's a video file mate, you probably don't have the right codec for playing it. And those screenshots are exactly what you were asking for - it shows you if the ECM is active or not...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

Xvid

Didnt know I needed the Xvid codec. Had to search the flanker training web page to determin that. Well the video did show how to manuver away from a sam It did not mention ECM. If anything it briefly mention something about stand by mode? Anyways Thanks for the help. Ill keep looking for my anwser.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Abit IS7-E2 MB

Audigy 4 Sound Card

500W Coller masters PSU

Logitech Extreme 3D pro

There are basically two ways how to achieve a win in a mission where are enemy radar guided SAM/AAA systems present. Which one you choose depends on your mission goal. If you want to evade radar guided SAM/AAA systems and have another tasks than SEAD, or if you have a SEAD task but want to be more safe while engaging SAM systems, ECM can help you. If you turn it on, SAM/AAA radars will be able to lock you up at shorter distance.

If you have your ECM off and a radar guided SAM/AAA system locks you up, just turn ECM on and the SAM/AAA will probably loose the lock (if you're not too close to it). The ECM effective range depends on the SAM/AAA's radar capabilities. For example the SA-10 will be able to burn-through your ECM "shield" at much greater distance than a S-6 because it has much more powerful radar.

However if you need to outmaneouver a SAM (radar or IR guided) that has already engaged you, that Rich's video shows how to do it. ECM can't help you much in this case - only if a radar guided SAM system is engaging you at greater distance, there is some chance that turning ECM on will break a lock. IR SAM's are not affected by ECM at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...I have another question about ECM I am pressing the "E" key and I dont see any confermation that it is active. Is there a light on the cockpit dash board that lets me know if the ECM is active?...

In the A-10 cockpit, scroll your view down to the panel alongside your right leg. You'll see a small panel with 4 yellow "A"s. ECM is in standby. Press the E key. Those yellow "A"s shift downward and become green "T"s. ECM is now active.

EDIT TO ADD IMAGES:

ECM-standby.jpg

ECM-active.jpg

Jay,

FWIW, I don't see any screenshot links in the section that says: Attached thumbnails. The section is blank.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

The ECM panel in Jay's screenshot is on the right-hand console.

Just look down, to your right, and press 'E' a couple times, and you should see it.

EDIT: Rich beat me to it LOL

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

Thanks. Now I have my ECM on and know how to evade a sam. I finished the second part of the A-10 campaing with out using the recover button. In fact I didnt die at all! Fire off a Mavrik missle and then invert, roll out and bank to the left or right and the sam's never even got close! Thank everyone for the help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Abit IS7-E2 MB

Audigy 4 Sound Card

500W Coller masters PSU

Logitech Extreme 3D pro