New Widescreen loading screens

SuperKungFu

Yea I got kinda tired of seeing the old loading screens every time I load a mission (plus I was running on a laptop/widescreen – 1440x900 so all the loading screens were stretch). I saw a few loading screens made by other uses on lockonfiles but they were not widescreen either, so I decided to make a couple on my own. For 4:3 ratio loading screen, scroll down. Here’s the results:

loadingscreenpreview7wj.jpg

Tell me what you think of them, or if you have any personal request like change to a different res or use different pics…etc, just give me a shout out. I’m not going to upload it to lockonfiles just yet, I’ll wait for your comments in case someone who is running on a different res or is having problems- I’ll change it for the final version. (Hence why it is uploaded to yousendit.com) Also note this is NOT a modman file, I’ll let you decide which loading screen you want based on the picture I have above (because some pics are not crystal clear IMHO since it’s pretty hard to find hi-res/good shots of Russian birds). Due to the fact you have to manually install it, backup your original files first. Be sure to read the readme for further notes

Here’s the download Link: http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=122&lid=776&ttitle=Widescreen_Loading_Screens#dldetails

(feel free to mirror it to any other site since yousendit.com only host for about a week. I’ll upload it to a dedicated server like lockonfiles for the final version).

Picture Credits:

A-10,F-15, Mig-29G - www.af.mil/

AI loading screen F-18- www.news.navy.mil

Su-27 - FLYNYTT

Su-33 - www.airforce.ru

MiG-29A, MiG-29S, Su-25, Su-25T - http://www.airliners.net/

Questions from me:

1.) If I make a future set, do I have to go through the trouble of citing them? I did it for this one just to be safe but the loading screens on lockonfiles doesn’t seem to credit the original source of the pictures.

2.) Does anyone know why these 2 loading screens are found in the common folder: start-mig29.dds, start-su39.dds. It shows the same pic as the Mig29a, and Su-25T but they never do show up as far as I am aware of.

3.) If anyone has the Flaming Cliffs logo with a transparent background, I can use that and replace the current lockon logo. (if that is what you prefer).

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great pack :) But I'll need to convert these to my 4:3 screen.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

That may be a bit hard with these pics because these are naturally wide pictures like the MiG-29, Su-25T...etc so cutting off any more would take out some parts of the plane. I'll probably make a 4:3 ratio pack in the future, tell me the ideal screen res and I'll see if i have any good pictures that would fit that area.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just tried it out - I like the pictures a lot but two things

First I just copied them into the required folder as the readme says - BUT when in game they are in 4:3 ratio and too small vertically

Second - would be nice if there is a way for the screens to randomly swap between each other - I noticed when the A10 screen loaded the AI one came up for a moment - made me think could there be a way they could work interchangeably

Wow, these look FANTASTIC! I sometimes wonder how ED could have used such crappy pictures for some of the loading screens, just makes you think to yourself, wow, I could have found a much better picture. Just a shot that would better get you in the mood to fly that baby!

Anyway, like said, could you somehow possibly get this to 4:3 or get one to it.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Suntrace1: Just use these pictures lock-on will stretch them to your native screen rez itself. (If not give me your e-mail ill send you a the same pack but in 1024X1024 wich will work)

EscCtrl/Disso: Like SuperKungFu said you cant get these specific pictures in 4:3 as they are initially widescreen (unless you cut them up wich would mean the plane wont apear entirely).

As for making a kinda slideshow that would be cool but the loading screens are in .dds format and i dont think it would be possible to make a slideshow.

They look nice - just want to point out that of the three MiG-29 screens, you have: MiG-29G, Peruvian MiG-29S, while the last one with black numbering(which I believe is Belarussian BTW) is a 9-13 variant - i.e. same as the MiG-29S but without R-77 capability :) .

Does anyone know why these 2 loading screens are found in the common folder: start-mig29.dds, start-su39.dds.

In Lock-on V1.02 there was only one MiG-29 splash screen shared by all MiG-29 variants - with Lock-on V1.1 each variant("MiG-29A", "MiG-29G" and "MiG-29S") got its own dedicated screen, so the "start-MiG-29.dds" is a left-over from V1.0x and no longer in use :) . The "start-su39.dds" is for the Su-25TM(Su-39), but not in use as this aircraft currently isn't a flyable entry......but if you mod it to be flyable, the screen will load :) .

- JJ.

JJ

ok nvm about the part where I said "it will be a while until the next pack." I decided to waste some time instead of doing hw and work on the 4:3 loadout screen for you guys. Due to high demands, i decded to create another set of loading screen but in 4:3 ratio. Report back to me for those people with different res and tell me if you see any black lines, cut offs, stretched...etc. Since I'm running on a laptop, i can't test it since i don't have an external monitor here so you guys would have to tell me, that's why this is beta one and not uploaded to lockonfiles just yet.

Here's a picture preview:

normalloadoutpreviewll4.jpg

And Download Link: http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=122&lid=778&ttitle=4:3_ratio_Loading_Screens_1600x1200#dldetails

Feel free to mirror this since its going to expire within a week.

Again, this is not a Modman pack.

1.) Simply Unzip the file

2.) pick and drag the loading screens you want and drop it into

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\FUI\Common folder

BE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FILES FIRST!!!

Sorry for the picture quality, kinda hard to find hi-res shots of russian birds, but its better than the original ones IMHO.If you have better pictures, i am open to your taste, you could always drop me a PM or post a link on the forum.

This should be compatible for both 1.02 and 1.12a (just don't copy over the Su-25T if you are on 1.02). I can't recall if 1.02 was in the same folder/format. Based on what alfa said, it looks like in 1.02 it there was only one Mig-29 loading screen, so pick the one you like the best and rename it into start-mig29.dds.

Picture Credits:

A-10,F-15, Mig-29G, AI F-15 - www.af.mil/

Su-33 - www.airforce.ru

Su-27, MiG-29A, MiG-29S, Su-25, Su-25T - http://www.airliners.net/

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats what happens when you wash a MIg...it shrinks :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I'm not going to make it into a modman pack because I'm letting you guys decide which loadout screen you want. Other's taste might differ from mine and they might still want the old ones.

To EscCtrl, that's strange, does it only happen to that MiG-29S loadout screen? Because I'm running on 1440x900 and mines fits perfectly. I'm glad i made this into beta before uploading this to lockonfiles, these are the problems i was looking for to correct. Did you download the first pack? If i were to guess, i would assume it has something to do with the default res. THe old screens were 1024x1024, i didn't know why it was like that, because the picture was disorted when i load it into adobe. So i follow their example and first created a 1400x900, then resize it to 1400x1400 and tested it. It was disorted so i went for a 1:1 ratio by using 1400x900.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not going to make it into a modman pack because I'm letting you guys decide which loadout screen you want. Other's taste might differ from mine and they might still want the old ones.

To EscCtrl, that's strange, does it only happen to that MiG-29S loadout screen? Because I'm running on 1440x900 and mines fits perfectly. I'm glad i made this into beta before uploading this to lockonfiles, these are the problems i was looking for to correct. Did you download the first pack? If i were to guess, i would assume it has something to do with the default res. THe old screens were 1024x1024, i didn't know why it was like that, because the picture was disorted when i load it into adobe. So i follow their example and first created a 1400x900, then resize it to 1400x1400 and tested it. It was disorted so i went for a 1:1 ratio by using 1400x900.

I downloaded the first pack you uploaded - Happens to all the screens I have tried so far - Mig Su33 F15 and A10

Maybe I haven't configured my widescreen fully - I used a guide someone made a while back - I simply changed the numbers 1.33 to 1.6 in the graphics config and set the ratio in the options accordingly.

EscCtrl : I had the same problem just use the 1.6:1 versions (the first pack) and change the resolution of the pictures for 1024x1024. They will look stretched but when lockOn loads them they will look right. Ive uploaded the 1.6:1 pack in 1024x1024 on the net heres a link

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=loadscreens.rar