Hotas Warthog Button Map for AV-8B

Sorry I havnt got one, was wondering if people using it could post some that match as much as possible the actual or at least user friendly.

Ive set a few profiles but im finding my hotas Mic button isnt that useful as its difficult to press AFT on it so going to have to use pinky modifier.

Is everyone just mapping the key strokes through DCS?

:joystick:

Thats how i set it up

gFJeBqq.jpg

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

Thats how i set it up

gFJeBqq.jpg

You have set the TDC controls to the stick, instead throttle where I wonder why so as TDC control is in real Harrier on throttle. And you have two functions on it, pressing the 4-way hat or not press it.

When you press the TDC control you can slave it around and when you release the hat it locks on that position (currently we don't have a contrast lock, just a ground stabilization).

It is really a logical to have the TDC in the throttle as you are targeting using from there, and then have a five button hat on it (4-way + press) separated from the Sensor Selection Switch (SSS) so you can operate both simultaneously.

As I made first a similar binding by placing TDC to stick, but then after reading the pocket manual about the real HOTAS design, I changed it to reflect that and was far better to operate with it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You have set the TDC controls to the stick, instead throttle where I wonder why so as TDC control is in real Harrier on throttle. And you have two functions on it, pressing the 4-way hat or not press it.

When you press the TDC control you can slave it around and when you release the hat it locks on that position (currently we don't have a contrast lock, just a ground stabilization).

It is really a logical to have the TDC in the throttle as you are targeting using from there, and then have a five button hat on it (4-way + press) separated from the Sensor Selection Switch (SSS) so you can operate both simultaneously.

As I made first a similar binding by placing TDC to stick, but then after reading the pocket manual about the real HOTAS design, I changed it to reflect that and was far better to operate with it.

Post your mapping, using this template. Por favor.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hotas Warthog Button Map for AV-8B

Eventually the TDC axis will be fixed by RAZBAM and be useable, correct? That way on the WH we can just use the little TDC nipple as our "TDC Slew" ministick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Eventually the TDC axis will be fixed by RAZBAM and be useable, correct? That way on the WH we can just use the little TDC nipple as our "TDC Slew" ministick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

That map plan also lacks any press to talk and radio selection hat. I use the CMS hat for sensor select, and the coolie switch for the TMC. The TMS Switch for A/A selector, and DMS Switch for countermeasures. I have also installed the 3 way switch code to make the flap switch work properly and use the boat switch to select water as a 2 way switch. LH throttle as the nozzle, RH throttle as a throttle, and the throttle friction control as the nozzle STOL stop.

Finally, I have mapped the parking brake, fuel cock and DECS switches to toggle switches on the throttle base too.

• 2 years later...