Radios and Refueling

Mars Exulte

Ok, so I've already watched several videos online, and read through the forums a bit, but something still isn't working properly, so let me describe what I'm doing since evidently EVERYBODY ELSE can do it...

Background : This is the first advanced module I've REALLY started getting into, as well as the first time I've attempted both creating an air refueling mission and performing air refueling, AND the first time I've messed with a fancy radio.

So, in the mission, I put a KC-135 down, give him a waypoint, orbit, and set freq command to 251 AM along with "begin enroute task : tanker".

In the Harrier, using the #2 radio knob, I select freq 251. Default settings for the radio appear to be correct, T/R, etc. Manual radio isn't enabled yet, so I am not messing with any of that.

When I call in, he never answers me.

Is there a switch I'm overlooking? I looked through the pocket manual and couldn't find anything specific I need to turn on for the radio to work. It says only easy comms is enabled, which I have unchecked in the options (but I gather shouldn't matter).

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Contrary to what you said in the last bit of your post there Zukov.

I switched to simple radio commands.I think that what its called, correct if I am wrong. It is in the options menu ,that sorted it for me.

Edited by Dinga

For the radio, you have to use the comm1 (only one working) but with the preset list 2.

And as said, for the Harrier you need to use a KC130, Il78 or S3 to refuel. The KC135 is for A10C and F15 (client flying planes).

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

I just went through this exact same issue a couple days ago. What I ended up doing in the mission editor is just setting channel one for both comm 1 and comm 2 to 251...wanted to make sure I had the right one. Went back into the mission, set to channel 1, and the tanker answered right back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...