Introducing the VPC WarBRD

Cyph3r

Just wanted to state that I am very happy with my WarBRD. The initial setup and firmware update procedure wasn’t clear, so I believe VirPil’s documentation can be improved, but with the quick help of the DCS community I was able to get up and running quickly.

I am using the Warthog stick with it.

At first some buttons didn’t seem to work, but it turns out I had to fasten the ring a tad more to bring them online.

It has been golden ever since.

Super smooth flying with a bigger throw than the Warthog. Very nice ‘heavy’ feel, especially when going to the ends of the cams.

It’s really next level stuff. Well done VirPil!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to state that I am very happy with my WarBRD. The initial setup and firmware update procedure wasn’t clear, so I believe VirPil’s documentation can be improved, but with the quick help of the DCS community I was able to get up and running quickly.

I am using the Warthog stick with it.

At first some buttons didn’t seem to work, but it turns out I had to fasten the ring a tad more to bring them online.

It has been golden ever since.

Super smooth flying with a bigger throw than the Warthog. Very nice ‘heavy’ feel, especially when going to the ends of the cams.

It’s really next level stuff. Well done VirPil!

I was happy too, but after buying a new PC, I was stupid and updated the VPC software to the last Beta and I lost my second stage trigger button, and without the second stage (broken 2nd stage) if you set to fire with the first stage it does not work fine. :(

EDIT: Problem fixed!

Edited by Hamilton
Problem fixed

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Glad to see you got it fixed!

I have now swapped the stock springs for the stiffer option and it’s total bliss! I have mounted the stick on my tableclamps and the feel and resistance is now very much like a real aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Virpil, when will you restock your adapters for mounting a WarBRD-base & the TM Warthog throttle to your desk mounts?

Last restock was 2 days ago, but none of these items has been in stock since then.

That currently holds me back, from buying a WarBRD-base and (maybe) stick, as I have to use the base mounted to my desk.

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

I have now swapped the stock springs for the stiffer option and it’s total bliss!

Great!! Would you please say what stiffer springs you used.

Thanks

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Virpil, when will you restock your adapters for mounting a WarBRD-base & the TM Warthog throttle to your desk mounts?

Last restock was 2 days ago, but none of these items has been in stock since then.

That currently holds me back, from buying a WarBRD-base and (maybe) stick, as I have to use the base mounted to my desk.

I mounted my WarBRD on a Monstertech Warthog tablemount. You can’t fasten the two forward screws on it without modification, but the two back screws line up ok.

If the mount is the only thing holding you back you might want to consider it.

@Hamilton : You get 2 sets of springs with the WarBRD. The installed ones are the softer type and the ones in the box are the stiffer ones.

I swapped the softer for the stiffer variant.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I mounted my WarBRD on a Monstertech Warthog tablemount. You can’t fasten the two forward screws on it without modification, but the two back screws line up ok.

If the mount is the only thing holding you back you might want to consider it.

But Virpils Mounts are significantly cheaper than Monstertechs mounts. :D

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

Money talks! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah the Monster Tech Mounts are really good, I have two of them - but for Virpil Hardware the Virpil mount is the only way to go.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hello,

I am currently investigating swapping my Warthog base with the Virgil WrBrd base keeping the Warthog stick.

My Warthog is currently mounted under my desk on a pod (Ikea laptop table). I am using a 8cm extension and right now, the stick is 1 cm below my desk.

As I read that the WrBrd base is taller than the Thrust master, I would be glad if someone could provide me with some dimensions so I can check how it will fit under my desk.

- What would be the height from the base (just above the X plate) to the top of the Thrustmaster Warthog stick (without any extension, just the stick mounted on the base)?

- What is the dimensions of the square of the underbase nuts which hold the X plates?

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Pierre

@Hamilton : You get 2 sets of springs with the WarBRD. The installed ones are the softer type and the ones in the box are the stiffer ones.

I swapped the softer for the stiffer variant.

Yes, I did that too, but even with those stiffer variant, the stick wobbles in the center when let go, maybe because TMWH stick is heavier than Virpil ones. I bought the VFX and I will check when arrive.