Hype is still up about this plane but you took a step back

Cotoi

I do understand that the plane is not really finished, and it will take some time and work to put different systems in place. It is cool, I think we can all wait, but I really think you took a step back in 2 key aspects, and I do not expect any improvement in these areas:

1st compared with M2000 and there is no visual feedback on the Hotas when you press a hat-key or button. It is like I am in BMS again, trying to map stuff blindly... really bad experience.

2nd When M2000 was released I said that all other developers should take note on how you support pilots hardware, by allowing them to easily map switches. Now 1 module later, you went beck and said that there is no need to show the same attention to overall experience that players have with your plane.

I am sorry, but I am really disappointed by how you start reduce the quality of your products. the module is 70$ and some say it is a little on the expensive side, I got it and I would have payed even more. Simulators are an expensive hobby, so no body really wants something cheap or question the financial aspect, but you are showing that you are less interested in player's experience then before.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

U not must to bay the product in WIP status.

Whait for the finsh and then deside.

I love it and enjoy it even with all the bad and the miss stuff.

Its great capability to DCS.

And great work by Razbam team.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

You might recall that when the Mirage was first released it did not have all the button mapping options available that it does now. Razbam added them over time. I expect the same will occur in this case.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I was able to map all HOTAS buttons, flaps switch, parking brake, speed brake etc. to my Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X with no problems. I still have plenty of button combinations left to add even more.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

He's referring to ALL the switches, for example fuel pumps, etc. They're not listed in the keys.

Dude, calm down and be patient. All that stuff will come. You bought it within the first 2-3 weeks of early access. It's not finished yet. Stop complaining and come back in six months. What did you expect? "Took a step back"? No, it's an unfinished product. FFS

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

He's referring to ALL the switches, for example fuel pumps, etc. They're not listed in the keys.

But why worry about those? You easily click on them with the mouse at the beginning and not need to touch them the rest of the flight. Even doing the startup checks, I do not see a point to assign them.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

"Two Weeks".... That is the time when every module gets released in DCS! :D

I was as well little annoyed, by a second, when I noticed I couldn't see what function should be where in HOTAS. But why, when I don't have exact same HOTAS, and I can find elsewhere what is where in special cases and bind it close to the logic too!

In current state the Harrier is my favorite CAS aircraft after Su-25T. And when we get all the rest of the systems, probably becomes my favorite as I can't wait to get DMT to lock and track moving slow/fast objects like other aircrafts, get improvements to systems like the moving map etc.

It is just so amazingly nice that we got this for Early Access in this state before holidays and even in this state!

The most basics are there and... IT IS A FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!!!!

The more amazing modules like Harrier I see, more I am angry that ED can't get the AI, ground units controls etc many other basic things implemented so one doesn't need to spend weeks to design and build a missions with some kind working missions.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Could you share the configuration file of your joystick ???

[ATTACH]173971[/ATTACH]

You will have to clear the joystick row and make button 5 to 10 modifiers.

To whom it may concern,

"Two Weeks".... That is the time when every module gets released in DCS! :D

I was as well little annoyed, by a second, when I noticed I couldn't see what function should be where in HOTAS. But why, when I don't have exact same HOTAS, and I can find elsewhere what is where in special cases and bind it close to the logic too!

In current state the Harrier is my favorite CAS aircraft after Su-25T. And when we get all the rest of the systems, probably becomes my favorite as I can't wait to get DMT to lock and track moving slow/fast objects like other aircrafts, get improvements to systems like the moving map etc.

It is just so amazingly nice that we got this for Early Access in this state before holidays and even in this state!

The most basics are there and... IT IS A FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!!!!

The more amazing modules like Harrier I see, more I am angry that ED can't get the AI, ground units controls etc many other basic things implemented so one doesn't need to spend weeks to design and build a missions with some kind working missions.

personally the combat radius is a bit short for my liking for it to be a a top favourite dedicated attack/CAS aircraft. That will still remain the A10C. On internal fuel the av8b cant get any meaningful distances and has lacking loiter time. I know the harrier was going to be short legged, but it does come off as very fuel inefficient for a non AB engine in a subsonic airframe. The Hornet will be able to achieve greater ranges if engines are managed to avoid unnecessary AB. Hell even the Su25T's still got better Endurance.

adding those external fuel tanks it somewhat negates that problem but limits what you can carry, and makes it harder to take off anyhow, and requiring more thrust to keep the speed you desire.

DOnt think Aerial refueling is yet modeled, haven't attempted, but this is one of birds that will require hitting the tankers constant if one will want a classical CAS situation where one needs to loiter and provide long period cover, whereas with the A10 max internal fuel has been sufficient to last me for majority of my missions.

For CAS and Interdication Loiter time and Combat radius is one of the most important characteristics.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

The whole point of the machine is that it can be forward based close to the battle, get in, drop it's stuff, re-arm and get back in quickly. That's what it was designed to do, and it does it quite well.

Yes, it's not an A-10, but it also doesn't require 6000ft of pavement to make it work.

For CAS and Interdication Loiter time is one of the most important charactersitics.

The whole point of the machine is that it can be forward based close to the battle, get in, drop it's stuff, re-arm and get back in quickly. That's what it was designed to do, and it does it quite well.

Yes, it's not an A-10, but it also doesn't require 6000ft of pavement to make it work.

except placing such an expensive air frame close to the battlefield puts it at Risk. Or in the case of a Naval deployment, The LWA ship also in risk in closer distance to the enemy.

Closest possible placement therefore isn't always better. Loiter time and Combat radius is still important for CAS and Interdiction role irregardless if you could place a Farp in a forward area. CAS especially requires an aircraft to stay overhead to provide cover to the Troops. A10 is the favorite CAS platform by the Army and Marines for a Reason.

The only time an Airfield would not be viable would be in hypothetical ww3 if soviets dropped tactical nukes on airbases. Which in that case the A10 was still designed in mind to be rugged enough to take off from unpaved hastily prepped dirt strips and or Pieces of roads or Highways with Hastily and modest setup support in tents and trucks and not actually requiring a Hangar or 6000 foot + concrete Runway. Thus the A10 if need be could also deploy from a area More forward to a Combat area , IF the situation called for it.

However in reality was this never ended up being a necessity for the Harrier or the A10 because something like this never happened in their operational service.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

The ability of the Harrier to land and rearm at unprepared strips can greatly reduce its transit time, offsetting its short endurance. Similarly, if the Harrier is supporting Marines on the beach, then the gator fleet is already close enough for helos and amphibious vehicles to make the transit, so it's not simply a matter of not wanting to put the LHA in harm's way.

During Desert Storm the Marine Harriers would leave from their bases in the south head up to Kuwait and drop some bombs. They would then head to forward based airfield land to get some more bombs, head up north again to bomb targets then return to the base in the south.

You're correct in that the A-10 is a better closer support platform in terms of endurance and payload. The Hairier serves a purpose and does what it was designed to do fairly well.

For me, it's a perfect module. I don't have too much computer time to myself these days, and flying a 4 hour CAS mission is out of the question ;)

Edited by Sedlo
Spelling

This thread is proof that you can't please everyone. I think the Harrier is a lot of fun to fly. It will never live up to the Hog in terms of things like loiter time and weapons capacity but the speed and VSTOL makes up for that.

Actually the only module I bought in DCS that I regret purchasing is the Viggen. It's got a lot of cool features but I found the learning curve too steep and the systems not intuitive. I flew it a few times and that's about it. This is not necessarily the designer's fault.

Edited by BOSUNTHEDOG

AKA Gaffer

The whole point of the machine is that it can be forward based close to the battle, get in, drop its stuff, re-arm and get back in quickly. That's what it was designed to do, and it does it quite well.

^^ This man understands. The AV-8B wasn't designed to have a huge combat radius and long loiter times. It's tiny, very very tiny. Each wing is only 15ft long and it looks like a pissed off gnat. The beauty of the AV-8B is it can be operated at a forward base without a runway whereas things like A-10's, F-18's, F-18's, and more, need thousands of feet of runway to do their job.

The Harrier doesn't need runways and has the ability to aerial refuel.

Dreadnaut

Virtual Blue Angels #2

But why worry about those? You easily click on them with the mouse at the beginning and not need to touch them the rest of the flight. Even doing the startup checks, I do not see a point to assign them.

Because some of us have full cockpits. That's why. I'm waiting on them to be added in for that specific reason.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Actually the only module I bought in DCS that I regret purchasing is the Viggen. It's got a lot of cool features but I found the learning curve too steep and the systems not intuitive. I flew it a few times and that's about it. This is not necessarily the designer's fault.

Not to derail the topic, but you should really give the Viggen another look. Don't look at the avionics from the perspective of a Western pilot (e.g. A-10), but look at them as a 1960s Saab engineer trying to put a WSO into the avionics of a single seat all-weather attack jet. You'll find that there is a logic to it, and once you understand the method to the madness it makes a lot more sense. As for punching in codes, that's just part of the WSO to computer, and you should be able to input almost every code while you're still on the ground. Start with high drag bombs and CCIP, then try the different bombing modes. Start with the RB-04 before learning the RB-15, and learn how to do radar and visual fixes before using any guided weapons.

The Harrier may be my new baby, but the Viggen is an absolute blast in the deep strike role (no pun intended).

EDIT: and be sure to check out xxJohnxx's tutorials.

This thread is proof that you can't please everyone. I think the Harrier is a lot of fun to fly. It will never live up to the Hog in terms of things like loiter time and weapons capacity but the speed and VSTOL makes up for that.

It's not a matter of pleasing but q matter of preference. Bought the harrier to branch out and try something new before the f18 gets here.

But I merely still have preference for the a10 is all, not that i hate the av8b as an attack platform. Certainly the av8b will have more going for it when we get the + version eventually. Do like the idea of having a ground radar. Will certainly make it more viable as interdiction striker.

^^ This man understands. The AV-8B wasn't designed to have a huge combat radius and long loiter times. It's tiny, very very tiny. Each wing is only 15ft long and it looks like a pissed off gnat. The beauty of the AV-8B is it can be operated at a forward base without a runway whereas things like A-10's, F-18's, F-18's, and more, need thousands of feet of runway to do their job.

The Harrier doesn't need runways and has the ability to aerial refuel.

Actually the a10 also has a2a refuel capability. And whilst it's a conventional take off jet the a10 is rugged enough that beyond long concrete/ paved runways it can operate from hastily prepped forward temporary airstrip or take off and land from roadways like the viggen.

During Desert Storm the Marine Harriers would leave from their bases in the south head up to Kuwait and drop some bombs. They would then head to forward based airfield land to get some more bombs, head up north again to bomb targets then return to the base in the south.

You're correct in that the A-10 is a better closer support platform in terms of endurance and payload. The Hairier serves a purpose and does what it was designed to do fairly well.

For me, it's a perfect module. I don't have too much computer time to myself these days, and flying a 4 hour CAS mission is out of the question ;)

I don't fly 4 hour long missions either. But it's nice having peace of mind that even with reduced internal fuel you don't have to eye fuel gauge constantly like a madman even when flying with max throttle.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Could you share the configuration file of your joystick ???

+1 :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Holy !

Whining that an early access doesn't have all features and isnt a complete product!

Way to go champion!

wow such a great member of community. Lying and misleading, yea great thinking man. Great game but community is 0.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.