Gauge lights ?

Now im new to flamming cliffs only a couple days...

In 1.2 in the F-15 when it was dark and i was affraid i use to press "L" and the cockpit would come to life in a beautiful display of orange gauges.

Now in 1.12a in the F15 when its dark and i get affraid i press "L" and i get a f------ dome light illuminating all the cockpit..is that normal ? Maybe its coz i got the lighting effects to max I'll try kicking it down a notch and see. <----Didnt help

Other than that cant complain on FC i like the changes (Awacs isnt all seeing anymore :doh: ) but the realistic G effects are kinda hard to dogfight with, guess i need some time to get use to ;) .

• Like 1

I dunno that the F-15 is simulated as realisticaly. the russian fighters are excelent though. (hey, it's a Russian game!)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Actually, I hear that "realistic" G isn't so realistic, and it's actually more realistic to have it off, with just the original simplistic G Blackouts on.

In regards to the lights, No, it should not be like that. They didn't change the internal lighting in any way. It should look and work like it did in v1.02.

It should still look like this: (Different color of course, I have Archer's lighting mod installed.)

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3183/a10cockpitsunsetvx4.jpg

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

I dunno that the F-15 is simulated as realisticaly. the russian fighters are excelent though. (hey, it's a Russian game!)

It should have nothing to do with the fighter in particular - it's a G-LOC model issue, rather than a flight model issue.

The "getting tired after pulling high G's" feature is great - but there's still plenty of discussion as to whether it kicks in too early ;)

That lighting mod looks rather interesting - anyone got a link to it?

Course I have it. http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=75&lid=191&ttitle=A-10_Cockpit_Mod_V.2#dldetails

Seriously, EVERY Single one of Archer's mods makes WORLDS of improvements to the game. His mods are just simply phenomenal, each and every one of them. I suggest everyone to search Archer on lockonfiles.com and just go down the list installing the mods.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Guest IguanaKing
I guess the light thing is normal ? no more gauge lights just invisible dome light above my head ?

In 1.12a, I think that they added floodlight modelling in the pit. Those lights are there in the real deal, but you have the option of selectively turning different lighting buses on and off, along with full dimming control over any of them.