Christmas news 2017

borchi_2b

Here you can find a cockpit picture and a super little interview.

http://https://www.helisimmer.com/news/polychop-talks-future-shows-oh-58/

in know this was posted before but I guess it was not pointed out that you can see the inside of it.

@Scarecrow84:

Currently we have no data availabe of the ammount of forward pitch in terms of angles, cause nobody in the world in the 80ties ever thought this might be important for a flightgame, that is what the military sees in DCS and other sims, at least the people we talked to.

I hope we ca gather the data somehow next year being at the actual aircraft. But no promises. Still we will talk about this in our team and 2018 has not even begun ;) but we already have some plan for this as backup

Edited by borchi_2b

Thanks for the update Borchi. I really enjoy the Gazelle and some people should remember that they got a module with two sub-variants for the price of one. Take you the time needed to get the hands on hard data. Or better said with the former signature of Tharos:

tenor.gif?itemid=7678143

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One of my hobbies is to find out all kind cockpit controls layouts and design reasons behind them....

"Kiowa Warrior"

5999500747305.jpg

So, it will be a "long winter" to wait the Kiowa to arrive, if it will.... Insta buy from me too....

Soon we have lots of great modules from western side so many, that I really want someone jump on next module from Soviet era like Su-25SM or Su-25T from ED with full clickable cockpit (unless get us Mig-27M).

Edit: I recall to say that Kiowa for scouting is the next thing coming soon as it was so nicely visible on one video from ED....

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I think all the reasons are here for the Kiowa to join the DCS fleet.

I use XP11 and AFS2, but i would never, ever, buy a military platform on it for the simple reason it woudn't be as enjoyable. So i hope you will stick to DCS considering you said you are a small team, and covering different sims would most likely end up delaying both projects.

considering other platforms goes hand in hand with increasing the size of the dev team. So this should not affect the DCS development of any kind. No I personally have the core feeling this would be more benefitial for the DCS platform, cause we have to work closer with the manufacturers on some civil platforms then we have to do in DCS, which is good in the long term for possible module options that many customers do not forsee yet

:joystick::pilotfly::D

roar roar roar (MGM Lion)

Branching out is what a company does after they already have a strong presence in one area, which is not the case here. I didn't buy the Gazelle, wisely as it turns out, and I certainly won't be considering your aircraft regardless what platform you choose.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Here you can find a cockpit picture and a super little interview.

http://https://www.helisimmer.com/news/polychop-talks-future-shows-oh-58/

in know this was posted before but I guess it was not pointed out that you can see the inside of it.

@Scarecrow84:

Currently we have no data availabe of the ammount of forward pitch in terms of angles, cause nobody in the world in the 80ties ever thought this might be important for a flightgame, that is what the military sees in DCS and other sims, at least the people we talked to.

I hope we ca gather the data somehow next year being at the actual aircraft. But no promises. Still we will talk about this in our team and 2018 has not even begun ;) but we already have some plan for this as backup

You dont need specific hard data to get the fundamental cyclic dynamics right. Ridiculous.

Cliff notes version:

• We finished splitting from our CEO
  • We can not work on his Bo-105 project due to contracting issues
  • We spent most of 2017 on the Gazelle
  • There are still some bugs but we don't have enough resources to fix them
  • We made a Viviane variant but abandoned it due to FPS issues
  • We spitballed a Sniper variant but canned it due to impracticality within the DCS combat environment
  • We are planning a multicrew minigun variant for 2018
  • Unlikely to have a new module released in 2018
  • We're recruiting new programmers for 2018 and opening up a Discord channel
  • We're looking at expanding into civilian modules in other flight sims
  • Here's the 3D model of the OH-58. Not sure which flight sim it'll be made for yet.

• Like 2

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

Great work gents. I have learned quickly for all the negative repsonses people give in life, there is typically more who support you, they are just muffled by the turds who feel they must have a voice about everything.

I support your goal to grow the company and look forward to this bird and many others down the road. Keep up the hard work gents.

Branching out is what a company does after they already have a strong presence in one area, which is not the case here. I didn't buy the Gazelle, wisely as it turns out, and I certainly won't be considering your aircraft regardless what platform you choose.

Wow, what an ego trip. Not considering buying any of the polychop modules makes we wonder what you are doing here in this subforum. It can't be constructive critics since you are judging something you don't own :huh:

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What a (not expected of you) negative / unconstructive comment :huh:

Best regards, Willem

Kiowa Warrior will be a day one purchase!

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Im interested in the Gazelle but keep reading about how the FM isnt 'realistic'? Im tempted to buy it either way but if I were to choose between the two Id rather have an OH-58D if none other than to fly it again in a sim since Longbow 2 :). Armament is nearly the same (no cannon), I am anxiously awaiting to hear the announcement for which sim its destined for (hoping DCS).