Eagle Dynamics Tribute

Weltensegler

Eagle Dynamics Tribute (and Hornet Teaser)

In light of the long and highly anticipated F/A-18C Hornet and the merge to a new era of DCS environment

I dedicate this cinematic to the teams that work hard and passionate for almost three decades to bring flight simulation

to new levels and feed our addiction for combat aviation.

Thank you, Eagle Dynamics!

Details about the cinematic:

Lots of shots are made with a "technique" that I enjoy using privately and mostly never publish the final results.

Take a screenshot (paint out the watermark if necessary) then replace or animate the background, replace/animate displays and dials and switches etc.

In other words "the most inefficient way to produce a shot" ...because I have tons of fun doing it that way.

This time I kept at least the direction for once and actualy published the result.

If people enjoy it, a shot breakdown for some of the shots will follow and will be shown on youtube or in twitch streams.

EDIT: For the first shot breakdown I moved to "screenshots and videos"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3322343#post3322343

Hope you get a kick out of it!

Fly safe,

WELD

Thank you, Coltrogue and Lumberhax for flying for some of the shots in this!

If you are new to DCS or you're just looking for people to fly with or get nerdy about aviation, join us in SPLASH ONE GAMING!

The community to introduce to this sim and polish the highest level of fun out of DCS.

Edited by Weltensegler
  • Like 14

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Thats a great Cinematic, very impressive. As much impressive as the DCS Software is, so thank you both ED and Weltensegler. :thumbup::pilotfly:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

It looks so good! It must have taken a lot of time and work to do it like this. The animation of the displays is simply incredible.

And to be honest, now I want my bobble head too! :D

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Cool. I wish we had some of those animations in game too.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

One of the best....and there have been a lot of cinematic videos published online. Bravo!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Wow, really awesome!!!

Can't help notice that it's an F/A-18E in the MFD though :P

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Nice Job!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

That was an absolutely awesome teaser. If you don't mind me asking, how did you add in the hand motions?

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

Thank you, gentlemen! Glad you like it.

Looks like I will make a shot breakdown for some of them soon then.

Won't post that in this thread here though.

I extended the meaning of the term "teaser" a bit so please don't give ED a hard time with features or preorder products :) ...its meant for entertainment.

To the recurring question about the hands:

They are my arms in front of an old gopro.

cheers,

WELD

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274