Collecting Signatures for ED to design piston aircraft for elementary flight trainer

Spook

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally do not have any interest in civil stuff but that’s not to say there shouldn’t be any. Maybe an option in the game to choose a server list when hosting a multiplayer server would be a good idea.

i.e.

Civil - would list the server in a non combat list

Combat - would list the server in the standard one we love

This would stop all the confusion and allow both sides to enjoy what ED have created without affecting the other. And then we can all enjoy all the hard word ED have dine

iMPO

Specter

• Like 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Yes please: will stimulate new potential customers to look at DCS which will benefit us all :)

Aircraft about the type / possibilities which for example A2A develops for the well known civilian simulators.

How often did I not see, in my "fsx time" the asking such aircraft :smilewink:

Best regards, Willem

I could consider a simple two seat propeller aircraft for exactly training purposes. But it should be free, or at least the "student seat" to be free to anyone that the module owner wants to give someone to fly.

That is my problem with every other trainer in DCS. Why to someone new to buy a training aircraft, when they should by the interesting one for crashing and burning as many times they like when learning it?

No sense to require someone to invest 60€ for a trainer that they use just a few dozen of hours (if even that at all) and then get basics....

I don't vote as I don't have facebook. But I am not against it either.

And those who are so questioning does it belong to DCS, such could be used for drug trafficking and slow speed sight seeing, now when a new DCS maps are coming out with better graphics.

There would be a reason to do as well rescue missions for tourists, air policing and war against drug missions....

Edited by Fri13
  • Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

yeah why not. bring the carenado / a2a sim in :D

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yes, more planes more fun, more life on servers but first we need a fundamental new ATC for the offline and singleplayer modus and thge KI as well.

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

I wouldn’t vote for a Cessna or Piper, however I would like to see the turboprop powered T-6 Texan II simply because it’s a training aircraft in addition a light attack platform.

That means it would have some worthiness of use in the multiplayer arena and it won’t get boring after the first two weeks of use.

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR

Yes, more planes more fun, more life on servers but first we need a fundamental new ATC for the offline and singleplayer modus and thge KI as well.

+

Win10, I7-7700K, 32GB, RTX-3080Ti, 3xSSD (System, DCS and one more), VKB Gunfighter MCG Pro, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar, Saitek X-55, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, MSFF2, G-940, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH MFP, TrackIR-5 + TrackClip Pro, DELL 21:9 Monitor

I'm not even sure if this thread is legit or a kind of provocation.

Anyway, thinking about it I've exeprienced an "eureka" moment ;) Why not to have a simulation of an simulator inside of DCS which could be used before jumping into the GA plane. This way digitcal combat simulator could simulate a kadet pilot goint into the simulator to learn the basics in an extra safe environment. Briliant, isn't it :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Hello everyone,

First I want to thank all of your answers.

The following ask them not to take this forum as a "Troll" or a provocation as already stated in a publication.

I am a very serious, analytical person and as you love this flight simulator.

But that, I see flaws in the flight and also the possibility that there will be another market seeing that the simulator has been triumphing.

I am very sure that many people do not even know how to perform a basic pattern landing or military pattern or a low visibility ILS approach.

I am an aviation ex-military with 20 years of experience and I have been a flight crew member and I know how to do all these procedures, but when I use the simulator with other people, it is difficult for me to understand how there are people who fly an aircraft and do not know how to do it, they just want to shoot and they do not even know how to shoot or they get frustrated.

Some will say it's just a game, but the title says "", it's "SIMULATION" real life things "NO GAME", from my point of view it's like that, that's why I start this thread, to see if I manage to collect these signatures and to sit down a reaction before the directives of the ED, so that they reflect it and in the end they design it.

I want to make clear, that my idea is not to confront anyone in a row, I just look for these signatures, they do not agree or if they are, that's what it is about.

But if it is clear to me (as some have already said) that DCS is missing a "WESTERN TRAINER PLANE" for "elementary flight", to at least learn to land and not enter the simulator and try to land a brick like the Su -25T, (it's a good plane, but you need a lot of experience) for example.

I thank those who have kindly said with a YES to support my idea.

I hope I have not offended anyone, if that is how I apologize.

Edited by Spook

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can learn all of those procedures in any of the combat aircraft that we have already. A 'trainer' is used by the military because they are relatively inexpensive. Cost and potential damage to the aircraft is not an issue here.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'd still go with a T-6 Texan II. If I wanted to choose a GA aircraft, honesty I would choose a Piper Cub. More for sentimental reasons, probably. However, for military training, I would fly a Texan II.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd still go with a T-6 Texan II. If I wanted to choose a GA aircraft, honesty I would choose a Piper Cub. More for sentimental reasons, probably. However, for military training, I would fly a Texan II.

In fact I talk about very basic training, for novices ... not military, without leaving the DCS simulator.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes for GA and transport no for another prop trainer for some fancy military progression etc. we all jump into F18 when is out and figure it out by our self. :)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least