A-10 Loadout Data & Weapons File ! (MIXED MAVs) !

CHECK IT:

http://www.33rd.de/content/download/Tutorials/A-10_LoadoutData.pdf

but these MIXED Mavs a quite different ! ! !

2 IR & 1 TV Mavs on LAU-88 at A-10 ! ! !

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/systems/lau-88.htm

moreover...Weapons File !

http://www.dtic.mil/dticasd/sbir/sbir041/srch/af276.pdf

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Guest IguanaKing

Where do you see mixed AGM-65s in any of that?

Edit: NM...I see it now. Different seeker types, but they are in the same weight class. An LAU-88 will not carry an AGM-65K.

An LAU-88 will not carry an AGM-65K.

yep > The AGM-65K is an AGM-65G upgraded with CCD seeker.

but in LOMAC all 3 type of AGM-65s in "same weight class"

why only 2 IR MAVs added onto LAU-88/A-10 by ED ?

MAVs here:

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-65.html

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

yep > The AGM-65K is an AGM-65G upgraded with CCD seeker.

but in LOMAC all 3 type of AGM-65s in "same weight class"

why only 2 IR MAVs added onto LAU-88/A-10 by ED ?

MAVs here:

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-65.html

the reason there are only 2 ir mavs and there should only be 2 tv mavs on the 88 as well, but the reason for that is when you load the inboard most stationon the 88(closest to the wheels) You melt tge tires when it fires, therefore you can only put 2 mavs on an 88 bottom station and outboard station.

Guest IguanaKing

Not always. Dice has pictures from his tour in Iraq, and it shows 3 AGM-65Ds on an LAU-88. That Hog was also equipped with Quick Draw, you could see the seeker heads all slaved to the same point.

Disso, I have a realistic A-10 loadout MEinit uploaded somewhere on here...well, as realistic as it can be with the given armament choices. The last thing I did to it was to make 3 Ds possible, and AGM-65s can only be carried on stations 3 and 9. Air to ground weapons are also available on 1 and 11 in that mod, but the game seems to have a bug in it that results in erratic handling of AG ordnance on those 2 stations, so its available, but I don't recommend that anyone load any ground pounders on those stations.

HungaroJet, the weight of the K is just set wrong in the MEinit, its an easy fix if I ever get back around to it. (Had that modified once before, but then I lost that copy of the MEInit). The warhead is definitely bigger though, you'll notice a difference in how many it takes to take down something big. ;) I'd love to give it the proper SCENE MAG too, like it has IRL...but that's locked up in the exe somewhere.

A-10 Video...( Triple AGM-65D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnyHQXDhvjI&NR

• Like 1

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you questioning the lockon weapons layout? Lockon is totaly off with the weapons layout in the A-10.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Guest IguanaKing

Those airborne Hogs were all carrying Ks too, weren't they? ;) The K can only be carried one per station on 3 and 9 on the Hog. I realize that the default loadout in LOMAC allows 2 K's on an LAU-88...something which is not certified on the real deal...and is downright dangerous. Oh...LOMAC also allows carriage of one per station on 4 and 8. In the real world, that Hog may as well be carrying rocks on those stations, as there is no TVM datalink available there. In short, LOMACs default A-10 loadout is about as f'd up as it can get. ;)

but these MIXED Mavs a quite different ! ! !

2 IR & 1 TV Mavs on LAU-88 at A-10 ! ! !

Actually the missile color only indicates production season. That's all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest IguanaKing

Not quite true. Their bodies are painted with the seeker type in mind. In the enlisted ranks, you have to deal with varying levels of education...not to mention the fact that these guys are being shot at. The color of the body just makes it that much easier for the guys in the pit to make sure they're hanging the right ordnance on you. It also makes it hard for them to inadvertently overload your aircraft.

And did you notice all the airbrone aircraft had 1 mav per station? ;)

yep...noticed

was at Training...mayB at Red Flag

not in Real War (in Iraq) -->using another loadout

Ask Cali or Dice

...by some document: A-10 able to carry 10 MAVs but the same colour means = same version

the ONLY thing what I dont understand : why ONLY 2 Imaging InfraRed AGM-65D MAVs added onto pylon 3 & 9 in LOMAC ? (by ED's factory default)

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only real loadout for me are 2 or 4 Mavs and the gun. I know I'm living in the past, but that was the deal when skimming trough the valleys and forests of west germany and we all know this is what real Hogs are all about :)

the ONLY thing what I dont understand : why ONLY 2 Imaging InfraRed AGM-65D MAVs added onto pylon 3 & 9 in LOMAC ? (by ED's factory default)

because the A-10 can carry only those 2?

and because the -K we have would be too heavy on double racks?

getting tired of this discussion, it's coming up again and again and again....:megalol:

No, in fact the A-10 can perfectly carry 3 AGM-65D's on an LAU-88, but it is just considered unsafe for the adjacent tires. This does not mean your tire would blow away garantied when you would fire a Mav from that station, it is just considered not safe enough.

I am sure that, IF there would have been a massive Soviet tank invasion and A-10's would have been tasked to stop it, that it would certainly have been considered to carry a total of 6 AGM-65D's on 3 and 9 stations combined. But in a normal situation, you avoid such risks.

Same on the F-16: it CAN carry 3 AGM-65D on the LAU-88, but it doesn't, because of the drag penalty. There is nothing more to it.

For the AGM-65G and K, it's easy: they are carried on an LAU-117 single.

So, realistic loadouts are:

4 AGM-65D's, two on 3 and 9 each;

2 AGM-65D's, one on 3 and 9 each;

2 AGM-65K's, one on 3 and 9 each

Life is that simple.

Nevertheless, I think we are entitled to correct loadouts in Lockon BS; it's a minor correction that they really should do. No double K's. And why not provide a G model and scene mag (2x) on AGM-65K, which would be easy to do also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An LAU-88 will not carry an AGM-65K.

YES LAU-88 will not carry an AGM-65K coz it's too weight

BUT

Sry Folks I disagree...in LOMAC we are using the "old" optical "B" version not the "newer under-development" "K" version...I believe

The "B" has same weight as "D" version but the "B"-Optical has slightly shorter range than the "D"-Infra --> exactly in LOMAC

IRL ( In Real Life ) the "K"-CCD version has clearer picture, haze/fog penetration ability, longer standoff range, larger warhead (heavier total weight therefor ONLY one carried per pylon/station) not like the "old" "B" version which is correct in LOMAC --> 3 olive colored AGM-65B on LAU-88

(I dont know the "new" K version color --> do U know ? )

...IMO

Another important info by Miltary.com:

"The Maverick G model essentially has the same guidance system as the D, with some software modifications that track larger targets. The G model's major difference is its heavyweight penetrator warhead, while Maverick B and D models employ the shaped-charge warhead.

Maverick K models are currently in development. They were developed by taking a G model and replacing the IR guidance system with an electro-optical (EO) television guidance system."

Xtra : by Raytheon --> LOAL ...not yet in LOMAC :(

http://www.raytheon.com/products/stellent/groups/public/documents/content/cms01_055755.pdf

http://www.raytheon.com/products/stellent/groups/public/documents/asset/cms04_012503.pdf

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes...funny

Ultimately: I beg Your pardon for your intelligent reply

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]