Nvidia Control Panel

=Pedro=

Is setting MSAA and other crucial options in Nvidia CP over ingame graphisc option actually works ?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

MSAA is not working through the Nvidia Control Panel for sure. Only inside Game.

Other options i think yes.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

MSAA is not working through the Nvidia Control Panel for sure. Only inside Game.

Other options i think yes.

Are there any setting you would recommend to increase overall fps ?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

It depends a lot about your graphic card and resolution screen.

For me, GTX 1060 and 1920x1080 i have this options:

FRKqIH1.jpg

1dbM3Dw.jpg

10gXs2v.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

i would change the V sync from in game to the NVidia control panel.

and use adaptive v sync for 2d and fast v sync for VR.

the in game V sync is old v sync. and you may get stuttering.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I dont have VR.

For adaptativ VSync 2D i Will test It. Thanks.

Show your results after that will you :)

For me Vsync inside Game gives me almost stutter free flight both in Nevada and Normandy. Special after the last update.

I was testing adaptative VSync and i dont like It. No sttuter so far but i see some panning when i look at the sides flying low, for me is better VSync inside.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the in game vsync works on all cards. why its there. its an old standard.

the adaptive vsync is only available to NVidia owners.

and it is newer and better :)

I'm sure other manufacturers offer something similar.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

the in game vsync works on all cards. why its there. its an old standard.

the adaptive vsync is only available to NVidia owners.

and it is newer and better :)

I'm sure other manufacturers offer something similar.

Oldies but goodies :D

Adaptive Vsync mean screen tearing if your FPS are below your refresh rate, that's from my own experience.

For me Vsync inside Game gives me almost stutter free flight both in Nevada and Normandy. Special after the last update.

I was testing adaptative VSync and i dont like It. No sttuter so far but i see some panning when i look at the sides flying low, for me is better VSync inside.

I use FAST VSync and I find it works better than any other VSync selection. (using 48" TV as monitor)

FAST VSync

How is it better? I have DCS capped at 60FPS plus everything vsynced the old-fashioned way and the result is usually stutter-free and smooth. Would I gain in any way if I used fast vsync instead?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I have not been able to get either the 1.5 beta or 2.0 alpha to use my Nvidia control panel Vsync settings.

I want to use Nvidia control panel Adaptive Vsync Half Refresh rate. It used to work.. now not at all with all they typical tricks to get it to work (alt-enter to ensure I'm using full screen mode) and using the VSYNC in game setting both on and off.

Any ideas / tricks? I want to lock my framerate at 30FPS using the NVIDIA hardware vsync.

Fast V sync is designed for VR.

the HMD services (vive, oculus) want to handle V sync for the HMD and fast V sync basically stops the card from fighting with them. (by not drawing unwanted pre rendered frames which are thrown away) it makes the card listen instead of second guess.

you can get higher average frames using fast sync. but with out the pre rendered frames it may not feel smooth looking around in 2d on a monitor. (try fallout 4, you will get much higher average frames, but it will feel jerky looking about.)

you can increase the number of pre rendered frames to make it smoother. but you will lower your average frames per second. and at this point you may as well use adaptive.

i have not tried dcs on my monitor with fast sync. maybe it works well with trackir too? who knows.

anyway the first rule of IT is, "if it isn't broken then don't fix it"

so if you ae happy with smooth play, don't fix it. it may never be smooth again. :)