AV8B_AI.dll causing DCS to fail to launch?

Nealius

Since installing the Harrier and the 1.5.8OB I have had major issues getting DCS to run at all. About 1/3 of the time DCS.exe will run but the program fails to launch. I have posted to the 1.5.8OB forums but I'm starting to guess this may not be an ED issue.

After login and authorization the program fails to launch, and I have to kill it through Task Manager. From December 12 to today (December 15) this has happened 13 times and every one of these 13 log files ends with the following line, pointing to AV8B_AI.dll:

00004.618 INFO SECURITYCONTROL: Loaded ./CoreMods/aircraft/AV8BNA\bin\AV8B_AI.dll

I am running no anti-virus software, Windows firewall is off, I have done cleanup and repair of DCS three times, and the issue persists.

This is now happening to 1.5 Release after updating to 1.5.8 and adding the Harrier. It will not launch at all. Even if I disable the Harrier module the log file indicates that it tries to load AV8B_AI.dll.

Edited by Nealius

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, no one else is experiencing this? Even ED support can't figure out what's wrong. I have done everything short of reinstalling my entire OS and still can't get DCS to launch reliably, and this didn't start happening until I installed the Harrier.