YF-23A Project

I will just leave these here!

Screen-221124-042900.png

Screen-221124-042904.png

Screen-221124-042907.png

Screen-221124-042914.png

Interested?

😎

A bit of pylon work is still needed but I could be convinced to release a early WIP version,

Will look nice next to the VSN YF-12!

As a mater of fact, I have used a modified VSN mod as a base.

So credit goes to the VSN team for allowing me to do so!

It is Turkey day in the USA

I an feeling generous!

With enough interest, you could be flying this as player before the sun sets!

Your vote counts!

Let me know!

Have a great dinner!

Turkey Stupor here I come!🤣

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

The canopy rails and pilot model look a bit... half baked (rolled up sleeves, sitting pretty high up).  I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth and I appreciate all the items you have brought us.  Does the landing gear raise and lower?  Is it able to have different liveries or is it all thrown into the texture folder as a jumbled mess and impossible to create further liveries because a third of the textures repeat on some random part of the wing or fuselage?  I was trying to make some liveries for the B-21 mod and the fuselage texture repeats onto the ailerons and part of the wingtips, same with your Triton UAV mod.  I have downloaded a number of your mods, and I appreciate you bringing them over to DCS, but there are a number of weird... textures/layouts.  The future naval mod topic you started appeared to have the static YF-23 floating a couple inches (feet?) off the ground has that been fixed too?  Thank you.

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg

On 10/19/2022 at 1:35 PM, F-2 said:

Paul Metz wrote a book on the YF-23 and Northrop apparently provided him with everything. They even gave him performance data though didn’t clear him to use it in the book. Lockheed apparently didn’t allow him to do a YF-22 book at all. So it’s possible that one could get in data to do an accurate YF-23 in a few years, you just need to ask the right people.

Of course they provided him with it, he was their test pilot on the program.  Later he was a test pilot on F-22 EMD, so no YF-22 as he never flew it...

Edited by mkellytx
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mkellytx said:

Of course they provided him with it, he was their test pilot on the program.  Later he was a test pilot on F-22 EMD, so no YF-22 as he never flew it...

But they gave it to him in the 2010s when he was working on the book too. So I’m hopeful it might be plausible at some point.

@Geschirre

I would like to address this "Elephant in the room!"😁

Some points to consider.

1)  I do  appreciate the interest in my creat6ions.

It inspires me to make more!

2)  I also understand your points. Many share them!

3) Way back, Six tears ago or so, I began this journey making assets to  enhance and expand my enjoyment of this Masterpiece called DCS World.

At that time, I made them for myself only. I did not share my work except with a few fellow modders and friends.

At one point, I began to get requests to  share with all here.

As I was good friends with markindel a  Max master who taught me, i suggested   to him  I re- post his mods, using good English, (he is Italian)

I would add my own.

It has grown to way too many mods to manage!

I am a ONE man team!

A "Army of one" 😂

You guys are my "test team"  LOL

As I never intended to  share them I did very little up-dates   other than to make sure they were  at least usable in sim,

Although perhaps not with every "feature" working in all cases.

For my original use, I did not care.

4) That being said, I am not adverse to fixing  and making improvements if the interest is there.

I  welcome all suggestions, and complaints with a open mind.

I have a thick skin, to match my skull!🤣

5) At the end of the day, I am still a newb with max.

Many have much more talent than I.

I muddle through!

6) Most, if not all my mods use pre made models.

Not my work

Many come with textures matching the models.

I will up scale them as needed  but no higher than 4k.

The rest I do my best with my meager skills!🙃

So, in closing, now the Elephant has been fed!

The model posted above came with textures.

I up scaled them is all The edits done.

I do  try to make them look good.

I never intended them to have new skins made,

Although I  do like the idea!

If any wish to help, and use max, I am willing to share that as well!

All help will be acknowledged..

Send a PM.

Credit where due.

We all want the same.

A great DCS to fly in!

Thanks to  all for the kind words and support!

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 3 weeks later...

@mr rotofly

I see you post many screens of aircraft, yet never once have I seen you ever release ANY mod.

Pretty pics may be nice, but it is all fluff till we see the goods.

My radar is going crazy whenever I see you leave screens like this.

Plain and simple, I do not trust you.

No offense meant, or intended.

Just stating the facts as I see and feel them.

There!

Another Elephant has been addressed!

Have a great day!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm looking forward to trying this! Believe it or not, I built a  plastic model of one of these when I was 15! 

• Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.