HUD Reticle

dresoccer4

another question, Harrier team. i don't remember seeing this secondary HUD reticle before the update (i could totally be wrong), but was curious what it was. the one WITHOUT the circle seems to register side slip and seems to be where the plane is actually going vs facing :pilotfly:

[ATTACH]174371[/ATTACH]

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

another question, Harrier team. i don't remember seeing this secondary HUD reticle before the update (i could totally be wrong), but was curious what it was. the one WITHOUT the circle seems to register side slip and seems to be where the plane is actually going vs facing :pilotfly:

[ATTACH]174371[/ATTACH]

Yeah that was there when in NAV mode at least :)

Pman

Yeah that was there when in NAV mode at least :)

Pman

hah then it's just me being oblivious. still curious the difference between the two reticles...?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

hah then it's just me being oblivious. still curious the difference between the two reticles...?

The secondary one only appears when the aircraft is sliding I found, for example in knife edge passes. It shows the trajectory of the aircraft I believe in a lateral slide

Pman

[ATTACH]174371[/ATTACH]

That is not a secondary HUD reticle.

That symbol is called the Ghost Velocity Vector marker (GVV).

The aircraft Velocity Vector marker (VV) is caged laterally on all HUD modes, except AG. The GVV appears to show the lateral velocity vector component of the VV. This lateral velocity vector can be due by winds, maneuvering, etc.

In the previous version, it wasn't working correctly and only appeared when the lateral velocity component was very high.

In AG mode, the VV is uncaged so you can use it to correctly aim at ground targets.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

That is not a secondary HUD reticle.

That symbol is called the Ghost Velocity Vector marker (GVV).

The aircraft Velocity Vector marker (VV) is caged laterally on all HUD modes, except AG. The GVV appears to show the lateral velocity vector component of the VV. This lateral velocity vector can be due by winds, maneuvering, etc.

In the previous version, it wasn't working correctly and only appeared when the lateral velocity component was very high.

In AG mode, the VV is uncaged so you can use it to correctly aim at ground targets.

awesome, many thanks for the explanation