Massive Performance Issues with 1.5.8.12667 in Multiplayer

My VERY popular server (dynamic Caucasus) is almost taken out of commission on this, I have a bunch of players that cant play anymore because the stutter that has ALWAYS been there since 1.5.7 came to light (it seriously has, left Ctrl pause you can watch the fps jump up and down every 3 secs), is ACCENTUATED in 1.5.8, can we stop upgrading this mess of an engine and just wait til 2.5, it just keeps getting worse and worse and worse,

My server id literally on life support, 1200 units are down to 500, no convoys, no AI. (probably why open conflict recently folded)

CTLD is completely wreaked with the bug that if you destroy() a crate static object the second time it crashes the server (and old bug that keeps showing up over and over and over).

And now you added a dialog that you CANT disable, so WHEN these crashes come it holds the server hostage and doesn't allow it to restart.

Gee thanks, I am not sure why I even put up with all the work for this thing, 6+ hours a day, 5-6 days a week, 1.5 years. I have an EXTENSIVE new engine coming up soon and im losing steam on it because of things like this.

You tell me, what am I suppose to do, wait for a patch to fix this 6 weeks from now??? (that what it took to fix weapons.dll 6-9x server crashes a day)

STOP PUTTING MULTIPLAYER ON THE BACK BURNER, IT SERIOUSLY NEEDS PROPER TESTING

Drex - extremely loyal but fed up with this development cycle

Reponse #1, maybe its your internet

Nope:

6884384663.png

Response #2, deticated server computer?

nope completely fine and overkill for a server

i7-7770K 4.2 ghz

32 gigs DDR4 ram

SSD HDD

Response #3 scripts?

Mist + Moose + CTLD, thats it, it spawns some units in the bases, all it does atm

too many units?

556 atm, there was 1189 on the 1.5.6 version f this same server and it ran flawless

, I have no where left to go really.. except for dynamicdcs.com where I LITERALLY export all server objects to external server, that server does ALL the calculations and decision making, and sends back raw lua commands, NOTHIGN on the server, I am 3 weeks away from launching the first part of this, its my last hope to control the fallout of these patches....

Ohh yea, I left out that it randomly freezes, hardcore locks up, pegs the single thread of the CPU out until I restart it, completely random, in 1.5.8 version and the 3 previous 1.5.7 versions too

Edited by Drexx
  • Like 1

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

Very good post. Explains all that needs to be explained.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Good on the updates on your first post Drex! :) Hope DEVs will read everything you added in the 1st post and work on improving it from here on! :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

... they stated "DCS World 1.5 will remain but be unsupported"

Omgggg u gotta be kidding... - . -

Can I ask. Do you have a GPU, I only ask as your 1st post didnt highlight one for the server.

Also if you want I will run your map for 24hours on our server, see what it's like on another server.

Also as a note after rebuilding our server we have had :

1 crash in 3 days

Stutter appears in the menu only.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I think it is still related to SAM systems. You might just remove all SAM Radar Units and check if the 3 second lag is still existing.

Maybe it comforts you that it is not only 1.5.7 or 1.5.8, it`s the same in 2.2 and I guess will be the same in 2.5. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Can I ask. Do you have a GPU, I only ask as your 1st post didnt highlight one for the server.

Also if you want I will run your map for 24hours on our server, see what it's like on another server.

Also as a note after rebuilding our server we have had :

1 crash in 3 days

Stutter appears in the menu only.

Theres a gtx 780 in the server (yes this is RIDICULOUS guys....)

I think it is still related to SAM systems. You might just remove all SAM Radar Units and check if the 3 second lag is still existing.

Maybe it comforts you that it is not only 1.5.7 or 1.5.8, it`s the same in 2.2 and I guess will be the same in 2.5. ;)

This would completely destroy my server. This is not an option

Drexx m8. they should be paying you! If it wasn't for your server, I'm not sure I would even be playing DCS. Spending my cash on there stuff. You pointed out all the crap. I like to fly the MI-8 sling loading and I think this is the worst module for the 3 second stutter. sling loading is difficult enough as it is. and then there's the crashing. its bad enough for most people, but when you've spent 3 or 4 hours slinging a convoy or whatever only for it to crash it really pi"@es you off. then it restarts and it happens again. The CTLD menu so frustrating when you have slots for helo's and you might be able to save a base, only to find that your helo is completely useless. I love the game but, I can only take so much. Keep up the good work m8. hopefully they will give these problems the attention that is so badly needed.

STOP PUTTING MULTIPLAYER ON THE BACK BURNER, IT SERIOUSLY NEEDS PROPER TESTING

Edited by huggy98

We were forced to rollback to 1.5.7 due to the unplayable level of choppiness on our servers.

I know people want there Harrier but I wish all of the multiplayer server Admins would just role back to the last stable 1.5.7 version and just tell DCS to go pound sand with their updates until they resolve these issues.

It's annoying because after spending all the money on NTTR and Normandy only for those maps to constantly crash I went back to 1.5.7 and was finally having fun on a regular basis....can't let that happen. Lets break the only stable version as well.

Adding a password fixes stutters.

Hi Drex

Very very good post.

Very important point is the modal window about the crash report that throws my restart script to the trash. IT MUST BE REMOVED ASAP.

Regarding the issues.

See this thread : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197916

Although ED was warned they went ahead and rolled out buggy as hell code.

Anyway,it seems I solved (until a proper fix) these terrible stutters on my servers by (!!!!!!) using a password (!!!!!!). See linked images; same server, same mission, viewing same static ground object. The only change is the connection password.

Try and please let me know.

In an Oculus client I get an almost solid 90 fps. It was disgusting before the password voodoo. I hope it works for you too.

Check the JUST DOGFIGHT server. It was jerky as hell...

Cheers.

jjH8o5y.png

0Hepl04.png

Edited by Flighter
Add a title - added measurements.

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Something for clients to try:

Connect to server then immediately disconnect back to main MP lobby then rejoin server, for many this works around the FPS stuttering problem.

You'll get the same results by loading a single mission, instant action or anything that loads the map.

Otherwise, I am in the same boat as you Drexx, however most of our units are generated via templates so we dont have anything preset onto the map.

Have you tried the method of having "static" units of everything you use in the game including planes?

They're not really static, but for planes, they are AI, any difficulty, take off from RAMP and uncontrolled is checked.

For ground vehicles, make one group with one of everything you use, and have a trigger that turns their AI off in the beginning. This eliminates a lot of the stutter when AI spawn or activate. For the planes spawning in, it eliminates it completely

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Just been in VA server and a few guys tried the disconnect/reconnect method and it works, it's definitely reproducible.

More detailed steps are:

Launch DCS

Goto MP lobby and select your server of choice and join

After successful connection immediately click disconnect so you're back on the MP lobby screen (do NOT close down DCS!)

Once back in the lobby list screen just rejoin the server and jump in your aircraft of choice, notice that framerates are way smoother.

(The best test to see if it's worked is to press ESC once in the pit and go into the Adjust Controls section, notice how smooth the menus are with 0 freezes.)

EDIT: just tried same procedure in Nevada 2.2.0 and it works just as well :)

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 1

Just been in VA server and a few guys tried the disconnect/reconnect method and it works, it's definitely reproducible.

More detailed steps are:

Launch DCS

After successful connection immediately click EXIT so you're back on the MP lobby screen (do NOT close down DCS!)

Once back in the lobby list screen just rejoin the server and jump in your aircraft of choice, notice that framerates are way smoother.

(The best test to see if it's worked is to press ESC once in the pit and go into the Adjust Controls section, notice how smooth the menus are with 0 freezes.)

Hope this is prioritized, you shouldn't have to conduct such measures to play the game

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

More detailed steps are:

Launch DCS

After successful connection immediately click EXIT so you're back on the MP lobby screen (do NOT close down DCS!)

LOOLL WHAT a weird method to increase fps! xD