Noob saying hi

Failed Creation

Didn't see a new comers forum so posted here. Downloaded the game yesterday and got some preconfigured profiles for my HOTAS Warthog pumping today. I've done the first two training missions for both the vanilla planes. Running a CV1 through an 8GB RX 480 (still tweaking). Aside from playing the training missions till I know them back to front are there any useful tips or need to know things to make the curve a little less steep? Ta... :thumbup:

Welcome to DCS!

Great and helpful community here.

There are many great tutorials on Youtube. But maybe you could be a little more specific about where you want to go.

Like what aircraft you are interested in.

Check here for starters.

https://m.youtube.com/user/4023446

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I haven't bought any modules yet. I will see how I go with the base game first. But the A10, F15, Spitfire and incoming F/A 18 look like things I will buy. As is Flaming Cliffs because it has the MiG 29, which is something I've wanted to fly since I was playing Falcon 1.0 back when I was in primary school. I would really like to see an F 16 in DCS as it was my first love of military aircraft. I imagine once I get my bearings and come to grips with the amount of content available for DCS I will want more modules as well. Like the Harrier for example! :D

EDIT: Thanks for the link BTW!

Edited by Failed Creation

Welcome. +1 to the YouTube videos. For the F15 you can learn the radar and some basic and advanced tactics. Instant Action missions are a good way to apply what you've learned.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

Welcome to one of the best community's out there :thumbup:

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

.... there any useful tips or need to know things to make the curve a little less steep? Ta... :thumbup:

I suggest to keep doing what you are doing, study the free Su-25T to its full extent ... it's a great plane with a very realistic flight model, sluggish when fully loaded, more nimble when its lighter ... this is by far the best tutorials that I've yet found for this aircraft:

... a bit old, but this aircraft has not changed so the tutorial still applies and most of what you learn will carry on onto the Flamming Cliff's planes (like the MiG-29.

Best regards

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB