DCS 1.5 where are the LOD *edm files of the structures?

Franz Airdrive

Hi,

I am reworking some of the large buildings in DCS 1.5 caucasus map.

I am making some custom buildings in 3D Max and exporting the *edm files. I then exchange the new model with the original one.

Everything works fine, however when I approach the building from further away it is the original structure and only when I come closer it switches to my new building. This most probably has to do with the LOD arrangement of how the structures are being displayed.

Can anyone tell me where the low-res LOD models of the structures can be found? I checked in the HIGH/ EDM / folder but there are no models to be found that could correspond to the building I replaced.

thanx for your help!

You know the new Caucasus terrain will be available really soon™ with 2.5 and it will most possibly contain lots of new models for buildings and such? Just checking, so you're not wasting your own time on something that will be obsolete/unnecessary in a few weeks time.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I would really wait for DCS World 2.5 to launch, first!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3327673&postcount=733

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)