General Questions

FlankerMan

Hello, everybody! I'm not sure if this discussion belongs here, but I don't know where else to put it. As the title indicates, I have some questions, which pertain to sales and other stuff. Thanks in advance!

1-Does Eagle Dynamics have sales? If so, when are they, how long are they, and how much money off are they usually? This is my first year, so I don't know much. I started on Steam.

2-If I get DCS World 2.1 Early Access, along with NTTR and the Su-27 for Christmas this year, then get 2.5 when it comes out, will I be able to activate NTTR and Su-27 for free on 2.5?

1. If you started on steam u r screwed, modules purchased from ED wont work on steam currently, sale should be soon maybe 50% off some modules

2. Dont buy su-27, buy flaming cliffs 3 instead, it has su-27 and a bunch of other aircraft in one pack, you should be able to activate it

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

1. Yes. Many times throughout the year. You can scan through the news to get an idea how often and what sort of discounts to expect.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/

2. Yes.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The sales on the ED shop, that are mentioned in the news are usally different to the Steam sales. As I don't use the Steam version of DCS I'm not sure about the sales there but I think they are usally part of bigger sales like the summer or christmas sales. Be aware though that modules bought on Steam are not compatible with the non-steam version if they have been released after last year I think.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

DCS modules are discounted differently than 3rd party developer's modules..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

ED modules are discounted differently than 3rd party developer's modules..

Corrected this for you ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeap.. thx

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

1. If you started on steam u r screwed, modules purchased from ED wont work on steam currently, sale should be soon maybe 50% off some modules

2. Dont buy su-27, buy flaming cliffs 3 instead, it has su-27 and a bunch of other aircraft in one pack, you should be able to activate it

Most modules on steam can be transferred over. The only one that was a problem was the l39 which I haven't got on standalone now

yes to all of the above

DCS will soon switch to an activation model that is account based, meaning you log in and it sees what modules you have access to. There will be no more difference between a steam and non-steam install afaik. (if it works like 777 studios' Il2 BoX does and i think it will)

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

yes to all of the above

DCS will soon switch to an activation model that is account based, meaning you log in and it sees what modules you have access to. There will be no more difference between a steam and non-steam install afaik. (if it works like 777 studios' Il2 BoX does and i think it will)

I thought the account based system only applies to the standalone version? Where does it say that steam and standalone accounts will be synced?

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah, sales are nice. As I asked, if I got NTTR and anything else on 2.1, would I be able to activate it for free on 2.5 when it comes out? yes Also, if I switch FC3 to standalone, will I still have it on Steamyes?

dcs is moving to a login based activation scheme and away from the horrible current DRM. one login to rule them all and in darkness bind them.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Hello,

I got one general question pls - I was out of DCS for 2 years (I thought back then I'd wait for unified version for couple of months and come back lol) but I remember when EDGE first came out there was this option to enhance the model visibility. I don't see it anywhere anymore, was it removed pls ? I quite liked it for my offline flying, better than using labels. Currently I'm flying in Nevada and the visibility is not that bad because the tanks with their forest camo in the desert stick out like a sore thumb but I guess when the new caucasus map comes it will be back to the old problem of spotting single pixels on a screen.

PS: I'm asking about DCS 2.2.

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

• 1 month later...