Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

Big fan of TTI servers. Thanks to all the authors! Needed some practice so I downloaded the Georgia mission and have been practicing. Only oddity I noticed is none of the A2G "kills" (that's all I do) seem to be logged at mission end or the game's pilot history. The detail is shown, but the killed target is just a number, not a unit. Is that just an unfortunate limitation of the way missions and units are dynamically generated?

UPDATE 12/05/2020 - 1: v1.72d

- Added F-14A Module
- Updated MOOSE for F-14A Airboss Compatibility

- Changed WPT name labels to match the zones they belong for easier customization/editing.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

On 11/23/2020 at 12:11 PM, Bertcoin said:

Big fan of TTI servers. Thanks to all the authors! Needed some practice so I downloaded the Georgia mission and have been practicing. Only oddity I noticed is none of the A2G "kills" (that's all I do) seem to be logged at mission end or the game's pilot history. The detail is shown, but the killed target is just a number, not a unit. Is that just an unfortunate limitation of the way missions and units are dynamically generated?

Unfortunately, this happens when you dynamically spawn entities into the world. This is an issue that ED will need to address.

Am 6.12.2020 um 03:05 schrieb deadlyfishes:

UPDATE 12/05/2020 - 1: v1.72d

- Added F-14A Module
- Updated MOOSE for F-14A Airboss Compatibility

- Changed WPT name labels to match the zones they belong for easier customization/editing.

I'm getting a fatal error on Mission loading with DCS Stable 2.5.6, TTI v1.72d.

When I click START at BRIEFING I get a pop up (translated from German):

((Mission can not be saved because of errors!))

[CAP] F-14A - CV:
((Invalid Frequency)) 124 MHz
[CAP] F-14A - Ground:
((Invalid Frequency)) 124 MHz

This is the first time trying TTI out so I don't know if the addition of F-14A made a difference or not.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 11:10 PM, kraszus said:

Any chance of including "Strike Missions" other than Anti-Ship? Eg.  Bridges, POL facilities, airfields, etc? Or is that beyond the scope of this project?

i would really also like to see these kind of "Strike or Deep strike" missions, bomb strategic assets that Kraszus mentioned.

- compound with targets 

- weapon factories 

- munition/fuel depots

• Like 1

Intel® Core™ i7-6900K Processor (watercooled) - Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (watercooled) motherbord - 8 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3333Mhz RAM (watercooled) - 2 x ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING (watercooled)

- Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Logitech G910 Orion Spark - Asus PG348 34'' LCD screen - Razor Tiamat 7.1 - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Replica USAF A-10C - TrackIR 5 - Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals - VAICOM 2.5 PRO

UPDATE 02/07/21 - 1: v1.80a
- Overhaul on all ground and air spawnable units at A2A and A2G Missions as well as "Zeus" spawnable units:
    - ALL DCS Aircraft and Ground Units are available to add/remove at all mission types.
    - ALL DCS Aircraft and Ground Units are available to spawn via "Zeus" spawning in real-time using map markers.
    - Free WW2 assets were also added to now allow for players to adjust the spawning pools to be more geared towards WW2 engagements.

A2A Missions are now more based on aircraft types rather than their group size/skill level. The default setup would be that easy aircraft will be less formidable types; L-39, C-101, etc, where hard aircraft will consist of Su-30, F-15C, etc. These templates can be adjusted to what the player is more comfortable with.

Expanding the unit pools and database within the mission to ALL DCS units will give players the ability to make any combination of enemy forces; Change the spawning pools to only spawn "Eastern" faction units or "Western" faction units for realistic engagements. The current setup is a mix between both "RED" and "BLUE" faction enemy units.

- Added an aircraft skill setting for both RED and BLUE AI aircraft.

- Allowed for changing out enemy unit spawning pools for all A2G mission types; A2G Easy, Hard, Helo, Infantry Assault, Anti-ship.

- Moved all "template" units to scripting for much more modularity and ease of mission maintenance/updates when new maps, modules units are released.

- Fixed an issue where editing the playable client slots would sometimes cause a crash/black screen on mission start.

- Fixed and polished countries and coalitions so that client aircraft and friendly coalition units have more customization potential.

- All client aircraft are set to their country of origin (ex. the Su-27 is set to Russia and the J-11A is set to China, etc...).

- Client aircraft slots further polished fixing many typos and naming formats.

- Added CSAR (search and rescue) script for all helicopters. A new CSAR menu was added, which also includes an option to FORCE a rescue mission on command. Simply fly to the downed pilot (Friendly infantry unit named "Wounded Pilot" on map) and hover over to pick them up. Bring them back to an airfield, FARP or ship to complete the rescue.
Additionally; Friendly player and AI that eject will spawn a new rescuable pilot where the ejection took place.

- Added an option that will limit the amount of aircraft spawned in via the F-10 - Other A2A spawning menu to prevent unlimited spamming of A2A missions. By default this option is set to allow for unlimited A2A mission stacking.

- Added an option for enabling/disabling the friendly carrier groups from attacking enemy aircraft.

- Renamed the Random Air Traffic (RAT) units in the editor to more generic names like "Large 1" or "Fighter 1" so that players can change out the type of aircraft the random air traffic will be in the editor. You can also edit their loadouts if applicable.

- Various base code improvements that allow for better performance overall.

• Like 3

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

@deadlyfishes I have a couple of issues when hosting through the inferno for a private coop session

• labels don't work unless I edit the mission and force them but they do work when I play it in singleplayer
  • the scores are bugged for the second player, for example if I get an AG kill I get something like 10 points but my friend usually gets between 0 and 1

UPDATE 02/21/21 - 1: v1.80b
- Changed how A2A enemy spawning works. Instead of using a random position within a single large zone which sometimes results in bandits spawning on top of you, there are now 10 random A2A enemy spawn starting position zones which you can move around to change generally where bandits may come from. It chooses one of these A2A enemy spawn zones at random each time an A2A enemy group is initiated.

- Added missing SA-15 Tor unit to spawning pool, database and zeus script. Unit list was also updated.

- Moved SFX files to their own directory instead of using the trigger list implementation, which saves nearly 1MB of filesize.

On 2/16/2021 at 1:04 AM, Brandon said:

@deadlyfishes I have a couple of issues when hosting through the inferno for a private coop session

• labels don't work unless I edit the mission and force them but they do work when I play it in singleplayer
  • the scores are bugged for the second player, for example if I get an AG kill I get something like 10 points but my friend usually gets between 0 and 1

For labels, it might be off by default, feel free to change the settings to force on or off as desired. So no bug here, just personal preference which is noted.

Additionally for scores; Scoring is really buggy in DCS when it comes to units that are dynamically spawned from thin air, which is what this mission does, so for this case, it is a bug and limitation of DCS currently.

• Thanks 1

"Through The Inferno"

4 hours ago, deadlyfishes said:

UPDATE 02/21/21 - 1: v1.80b
- Changed how A2A enemy spawning works. Instead of using a random position within a single large zone which sometimes results in bandits spawning on top of you, there are now 10 random A2A enemy spawn starting position zones which you can move around to change generally where bandits may come from. It chooses one of these A2A enemy spawn zones at random each time an A2A enemy group is initiated...

Hi, just a thought, you could use two circle zones forming a banana shape, 1 is zone IN and 2 is zone OUT (spawn inside zone 1 but outside zone 2, to have a large array of spawn azimuths accross the banana shape, of the size you want)

16 hours ago, toutenglisse said:

Hi, just a thought, you could use two circle zones forming a banana shape, 1 is zone IN and 2 is zone OUT (spawn inside zone 1 but outside zone 2, to have a large array of spawn azimuths accross the banana shape, of the size you want)

That would work, however it is still a bit limiting. I think giving people 10 spots that they can arrange in any size, and arrangement would be best. If someone wanted them all to come from generally the same area, you could just move the 10 a2a zones in that one area, or have them spread out. Additionally, you could clump them over airfields to make it seem like they come from certain airfields.

"Through The Inferno"

On 2/22/2021 at 7:08 PM, deadlyfishes said:

That would work, however it is still a bit limiting. I think giving people 10 spots that they can arrange in any size, and arrangement would be best. If someone wanted them all to come from generally the same area, you could just move the 10 a2a zones in that one area, or have them spread out. Additionally, you could clump them over airfields to make it seem like they come from certain airfields.

Yep got it ! Another thought relative to your "issue" : "which sometimes results in bandits spawning on top of you". Here a working example of a little routine script I just wrote to create a spawnpoint for foe aircraft that is always 40km away minimum of any blue aircraft present in the session. Maybe you'll want to try if interesting. (here code + little testing .miz)

function spawnFoe()

local FoeSpawnZone = trigger.misc.getZone('Zone')-- ('Zone ' .. mist.random(10)) if 10 zones from 'Zone 1' to 'Zone 10'
if trigger.misc.getUserFlag("1") == 0 then
trigger.action.setUserFlag("1", true)
end
local BlueACtable = mist.makeUnitTable({'[blue][plane]', '[blue][helicopter]'})
--trigger.action.outText('Number of units : ' .. #BlueACtable, 5) --control message
if #BlueACtable > 0 then
local FoeSpawnPoint = mist.getRandPointInCircle(FoeSpawnZone.point, FoeSpawnZone.radius)
for i = 1, #BlueACtable do
local BlueACName = '' .. BlueACtable[i]
local BlueACUnit = Unit.getByName(BlueACName)
if BlueACUnit and BlueACUnit:isExist() == true then
local BlueACPos = Unit.getPosition(BlueACUnit).p
local BlueACPointV2 = mist.utils.makeVec2(BlueACPos)
local dist = mist.utils.get2DDist(FoeSpawnPoint, BlueACPointV2)
--trigger.action.outText('Distance spawn / ' .. BlueACtable[i] .. ' is : ' .. dist, 5) --control message
if dist < 40000 then trigger.action.setUserFlag("1", false)
end
end
end
--trigger.action.outText('Flag value is : ' .. trigger.misc.getUserFlag("1"), 5) --control message
if trigger.misc.getUserFlag("1") > 0 then
mist.scheduleFunction(mist.dynAdd,{{country = 'USA', category = 'AIRPLANE', --spawn of a blue F15E for testing
								["task"] = "CAP",
								["taskSelected"] = true,
								["route"] = 
								{
									["points"] = points, 
								}, 
								["hidden"] = false,
								["units"] = 
								{
									[1] = 
									{
										["alt"] = 4000,
										["hardpoint_racks"] = true,
										["alt_type"] = "RADIO",
										["skill"] = "EXCELLENT",
										["speed"] = 200,
										["type"] = "F-15E",
										["y"] = FoeSpawnPoint.y,
										["x"] = FoeSpawnPoint.x,
										["name"] = 'Foe',
										["payload"] = 
										{
											["pylons"] = 
											{
												[9] = 
												{
													["CLSID"] = "{GBU-31}",
												}, 
												[10] = 
												{
													["CLSID"] = "{E1F29B21-F291-4589-9FD8-3272EEC69506}",
												}, 
												[13] = 
												{
													["CLSID"] = "{GBU-31}",
												},
											}, 
											["fuel"] = "10246",
										}, 
										["callsign"] = 131,
										["onboard_num"] = '200',
									}, 
								}, 
								["y"] = FoeSpawnPoint.y,
								["x"] = FoeSpawnPoint.x,
								["name"] = 'Foe',
								["communication"] = true,
								["frequency"] = 127.5,
							}},timer.getTime()+1)
else spawnFoe()
end
end
end

test-spawnaway.miz

UPDATE 03/06/21 - 1: v1.80c

- Fixed an issue where using "-create jtac" was not working

- Added the "Zeus" spawnable unit list to the BRIEFING for better access (pause, show briefing or press LAlt+B to bring up the briefing)

On 2/25/2021 at 6:01 AM, toutenglisse said:

Yep got it ! Another thought relative to your "issue" : "which sometimes results in bandits spawning on top of you". Here a working example of a little routine script I just wrote to create a spawnpoint for foe aircraft that is always 40km away minimum of any blue aircraft present in the session. Maybe you'll want to try if interesting. (here code + little testing .miz)

function spawnFoe()

local FoeSpawnZone = trigger.misc.getZone('Zone')-- ('Zone ' .. mist.random(10)) if 10 zones from 'Zone 1' to 'Zone 10'
if trigger.misc.getUserFlag("1") == 0 then
trigger.action.setUserFlag("1", true)
end
local BlueACtable = mist.makeUnitTable({'[blue][plane]', '[blue][helicopter]'})
--trigger.action.outText('Number of units : ' .. #BlueACtable, 5) --control message
if #BlueACtable > 0 then
local FoeSpawnPoint = mist.getRandPointInCircle(FoeSpawnZone.point, FoeSpawnZone.radius)
for i = 1, #BlueACtable do
local BlueACName = '' .. BlueACtable[i]
local BlueACUnit = Unit.getByName(BlueACName)
if BlueACUnit and BlueACUnit:isExist() == true then
local BlueACPos = Unit.getPosition(BlueACUnit).p
local BlueACPointV2 = mist.utils.makeVec2(BlueACPos)
local dist = mist.utils.get2DDist(FoeSpawnPoint, BlueACPointV2)
--trigger.action.outText('Distance spawn / ' .. BlueACtable[i] .. ' is : ' .. dist, 5) --control message
if dist < 40000 then trigger.action.setUserFlag("1", false)
end
end
end
--trigger.action.outText('Flag value is : ' .. trigger.misc.getUserFlag("1"), 5) --control message
if trigger.misc.getUserFlag("1") > 0 then
mist.scheduleFunction(mist.dynAdd,{{country = 'USA', category = 'AIRPLANE', --spawn of a blue F15E for testing
								["task"] = "CAP",
								["taskSelected"] = true,
								["route"] = 
								{
									["points"] = points, 
								}, 
								["hidden"] = false,
								["units"] = 
								{
									[1] = 
									{
										["alt"] = 4000,
										["hardpoint_racks"] = true,
										["alt_type"] = "RADIO",
										["skill"] = "EXCELLENT",
										["speed"] = 200,
										["type"] = "F-15E",
										["y"] = FoeSpawnPoint.y,
										["x"] = FoeSpawnPoint.x,
										["name"] = 'Foe',
										["payload"] = 
										{
											["pylons"] = 
											{
												[9] = 
												{
													["CLSID"] = "{GBU-31}",
												}, 
												[10] = 
												{
													["CLSID"] = "{E1F29B21-F291-4589-9FD8-3272EEC69506}",
												}, 
												[13] = 
												{
													["CLSID"] = "{GBU-31}",
												},
											}, 
											["fuel"] = "10246",
										}, 
										["callsign"] = 131,
										["onboard_num"] = '200',
									}, 
								}, 
								["y"] = FoeSpawnPoint.y,
								["x"] = FoeSpawnPoint.x,
								["name"] = 'Foe',
								["communication"] = true,
								["frequency"] = 127.5,
							}},timer.getTime()+1)
else spawnFoe()
end
end
end

test-spawnaway.miz 62.96 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, I'll play with this and see how it fares with co-op and sp 🙂

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

when I select a flight and hit the "Briefing" button, DCS hangs. After 5-10 minutes I'm finally in the cockpit and I can fly the mission. Choosing a different plane from the selection screen hangs DCS again. My DCS is that current openbeta and Through the Infrerno is 1.80c. I found very old versions of Through the Inferno: 1.51c works ok, after pressing "Briefing" it take just a few seconds to load the plane. Version 1.60a already hangs.

I disabled all mods and export scripts, still the same. Running the mission in single player, from mission editor or in a private server all show the same effect.

I didn't change any configuration settings in the mission file. Just for testing, I loaded up the mission in the editor and saved it to a new file. Still the same.

There's no obvious message in the logs.

Any ideas?

Cheers
RipJaw

UPDATE 04/25/21 - 1: v1.82a

- First update since the release to DCS 2.7 Open Beta; Previous version of DCS Open Beta may be incompatible with this mission version.

- Fixed an issue where A2A AI spawned units via Zeus map marker command would descend to 3.7k feet immediately after spawning if they do not acquire a target right away.

- Fixed an issue where A2A AI spawned units via Zeus did not easily acquire a target.

- Added two missing tactical SAM (singleton vehicles) units to the regular and Zeus spawn lists; SA-13 and SA-19. They are omitted from the ground mission spawning pool by default, so un-comment them in their proper lists as desired.

- Added a weather preset and changed the time to ~18:00.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Through The Inferno"

HOTFIX 04/26/21 - 1: v1.82b
- Fixed an issue were Zeus commands were not working properly in Caucasus.
- Adjusted SA-2 layout
- Adjusted enemy ground unit AI difficulty to ensure they do not remain dormant at times.

• Thanks 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @deadlyfishes, first of all thank you for creating this amazing mission and all the different maps variants, we are having great times playing it in cooperative and it´s really good to train different skills. 

As we are a Spanish Squadron I was trying to add the L61 Juan Carlos I carrier so our Harriers would be able to use the jump jet but I´m finding some problems making it work in multiplayer, there´s no problem in single player. In multiplayer it doesn´t appear. Does it need to be added to any script for it to spawn in the mission? 

The mod is this one LHD JUAN CARLOS I (L61) MOD - DCS Mods - ED Forums (eagle.ru) 

Thank you in advance!

DCS 2021-05-12 08-28-34.png

DCS 2021-05-12 08-27-20.png

Edited by mimamema

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2021 at 12:31 AM, mimamema said:

Hi @deadlyfishes, first of all thank you for creating this amazing mission and all the different maps variants, we are having great times playing it in cooperative and it´s really good to train different skills. 

As we are a Spanish Squadron I was trying to add the L61 Juan Carlos I carrier so our Harriers would be able to use the jump jet but I´m finding some problems making it work in multiplayer, there´s no problem in single player. In multiplayer it doesn´t appear. Does it need to be added to any script for it to spawn in the mission? 

The mod is this one LHD JUAN CARLOS I (L61) MOD - DCS Mods - ED Forums (eagle.ru) 

Thank you in advance!

DCS 2021-05-12 08-28-34.png

DCS 2021-05-12 08-27-20.png

Since that's a mod, you can just add it in yourself in the editor.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the missions, they are great, but i have one problem @deadlyfishes and most likely my error somewhere

I have your TTI mission (latest version) and am having problems with CSAR.  I have activited CSAR in the LUA and csar missions spawn correctly and do all that is required when a helicopter is close.  But the ADF frequency from a CSAR pilot does not seem to register (as in there is no signal if you tune it in).

I have played around with it a lot and cant get it to work.  I jumped into the official TTI servers online and can tune the CSAR frequencies there.  So that means it works in the game and i can tune frequencies.  That just leaves me making the mission and doing something wrong there.

For the helicopters i have followed naming instructions.   So am scratching my head where i have botched it up.

Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

On 7/5/2021 at 4:38 PM, JWACK22 said:

Awesome mission! Always love the Inferno missions. I am sure this has been asked somewhere in the thread before but is there a way to respawn AWACS without restarting the mission?

Due to a scripting change in the DCS engine, we can't respawn the AWACS and have it give proper EWRS (message script) functionality, unfortunately. So one that stays up as it does is what we'll have to deal with for now.

23 hours ago, bogusheadbox said:

Thanks for the missions, they are great, but i have one problem @deadlyfishes and most likely my error somewhere

I have your TTI mission (latest version) and am having problems with CSAR.  I have activited CSAR in the LUA and csar missions spawn correctly and do all that is required when a helicopter is close.  But the ADF frequency from a CSAR pilot does not seem to register (as in there is no signal if you tune it in).

I have played around with it a lot and cant get it to work.  I jumped into the official TTI servers online and can tune the CSAR frequencies there.  So that means it works in the game and i can tune frequencies.  That just leaves me making the mission and doing something wrong there.

For the helicopters i have followed naming instructions.   So am scratching my head where i have botched it up.

Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

I uploaded a test mission for this fix, I found the problem, it relates to the new way I added SFX to the miz. If this fixes it, let me know because all the other TTI missions including MP need to have this fix.

Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) v1.83a-csar-test-fix.miz

"Through The Inferno"

ok great, will give it a go and let you know  🙂

{EDIT}  Unfortunately it appears it didn't work.  Tried with two different helicopters and unfortunately same.  Checked by jumping on Official TTI servers and it works there.  😞

Edited by bogusheadbox

Is there a chance that developers in the future will add another type of mission: a pinpoint strike, on targets such as bridges, docks, factories, buildings, bases, and so on? tti is the most played mission by me, both in multiplayer and single.

• Like 3

I7 13900K | 128Gb | RTX 4090 | NVME 2Tb + SSD 512Gb + SSD 240Gb x2 | Warthog+VPC Warbrd+VPC Warbrd rudder pedals | WinWing MIP | Oculus Quest 3 | Benq 28" 4k x2 | Gametrix JetSeat

Having an issue with Zeus commands in all TTI missions. I seem to be unable to spawn units via map markers. To ensure I am typing it correctly, I will literally copy/paste from the briefing "-create red_ar_aav7", but on clicking the X, the map marker simply disappears without the unit being spawned. Interestingly, I can spawn JTACS, destroy using the -destroy jtac, the -destroy command also works. I have tried different units, with the unit names copied from the spawnable units list. Very occasionally one will spawn, but there seems to be no particular rhyme or reason to one deciding to spawn.

EDIT - Issue resolved, problem was including quotes in the map marker text

Edited by Relayer