Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

On 7/8/2021 at 1:10 AM, Kril_FC said:

Is there a chance that developers in the future will add another type of mission: a pinpoint strike, on targets such as bridges, docks, factories, buildings, bases, and so on? tti is the most played mission by me, both in multiplayer and single.

+1 , perfect for my Viggen

UPDATE 07/12/21 - 1: v1.83f

- Fixed an issue with CSAR forced rescue events were not spawning correctly.

- Fixed an issue where CSAR beacon/ADF was not working properly.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

UPDATE 07/17/21 - 1: v1.83f
- Fixed an issue where LSO/Marshall/Airboss SFX for the Airboss script were not playing
- Fixed an issue where some random SAM generation zones were not spawning correctly and/or designated properly by its JTAC (if JTAC at SAM sites are enabled)
- Added CVN-7X Relay helicopter on carrier maps.

Additionally; From now on all changelog items will be updated on the TTI website:

https://throughtheinferno.com/tti-sp-changelog/

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

Deadlyfishes, you are the best, the TTI servers are my daily go to!!! Thank you so much for all the work!

If i would change one thing, I would ask to disable the airboss script... in 40% of all spawns on the carrier the carrier turns before I even start the engines and the jet ends up in the water crashed (even with wheel chocks). when I am inbound from a sweaty mission, the carrier turns as I enter final approach on Bingo.

I wonder if people actually use the airboss script?

anyway, thank you for your amazing work.

C.

• 4 weeks later...

A question. Is it normal for AWACS to disappear after several hours of the mission running? I left my private server running for days. By the time, I wanted to play on my server, the awacs is gone. THanks

Edit: Nevermind. I guess it's normal based on one of the replies on previous page.

Another question, can AI drop infantry troops? how?

Edited by Clark88

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 08/23/21 - 1: v1.83k
+ Added many new custom display options for EWRS to allow players to show more or less information as desired for EWRS text box reports:
- Change number of max enemy threats displayed on reports
- Turn extra header text on/off
- Turn bandit's speed/heading info on/off
- Change time interval between automatic reports.
- Added presets for ease of use; Default, Reduced, Minimal
Default: x4 bandits displayed, full bandit info, extra header text and threat level text on
Reduced: x3 bandits displayed, full bandit info, extra header texts off
Minimal: x2 bandits displayed, full bandit info, extra header text off

+ Added ability to edit enemy convoy unit composition in mission editor.

+ Added ability to edit custom "Zeus" spawnable ground groups in the mission editor.

"Through The Inferno"

@deadlyfishes I'm trying to create some armor groups and not sure how to do it in the latest version. In the briefing it says: "Also, try creating your own ground attack units using the armor or infantry group spawn for an easier bulk spawn" but I don't see "red_armor" for example anymore. I used to just drop some template groups in the ME, but I see you've drastically altered zeus_markers.lua and now all the units come from a DB lua file for blue and red and whatever. Are there still any "group" templates that can be spawned via zeus or is this briefing text just out of date, or can I still use the old method but I need to add some hard coded magic keywords like _ar_ or _mbt_ to make it work? TIA

On 8/27/2021 at 10:05 AM, Vanguard said:

@deadlyfishes I'm trying to create some armor groups and not sure how to do it in the latest version. In the briefing it says: "Also, try creating your own ground attack units using the armor or infantry group spawn for an easier bulk spawn" but I don't see "red_armor" for example anymore. I used to just drop some template groups in the ME, but I see you've drastically altered zeus_markers.lua and now all the units come from a DB lua file for blue and red and whatever. Are there still any "group" templates that can be spawned via zeus or is this briefing text just out of date, or can I still use the old method but I need to add some hard coded magic keywords like _ar_ or _mbt_ to make it work? TIA

I believe this still works. Give it a try. I added the feature to make it easier for those who aren't familiar with scripting or the DCS Mission Editor.

"Through The Inferno"

On 9/2/2021 at 8:34 AM, Vanguard said:

In case anyone is interested, tested, and as predicted it works as long as you include _ar_ , _mbt_ , or one of the other keywords (see list of troops in briefing) in the name, so you need to call it red_ar_armor for example. red_armor won't work.

Thanks for the inspiration Vanguard. I went ahead and very much improved the custom units feature. This should be the way to do it going forward, and most importantly these units are easily transferable from map to map.

UPDATE 09/06/21 - 1: v1.83m
All Maps:
+ Further improved custom user-created "Zeus" spawnable units, making it easier to create as many custom groups of all unit types as desired with easy to remember commands. Additionally, these custom units can be 'transferred' over to newer TTI missions or other TTI Maps. The included tutorial file goes in-depth on how to create and spawn these units.

Edited by deadlyfishes

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 10/05/21 - 1: v2.00a
All Maps:
+ "TTI: Eras of War" Update:

TTI-Eras-of-War-Image-lol.png

This major update and overhaul to the TTI Mission adds a new "Mission Era" setting that allows you to instantly change the mission generation and ambient battlefield characteristics to a desired era of arial combat operations.
The following mission eras are available in this update:

Modern
- Generally the same settings and experiences as before in previous TTI missions
- Tankers, Aircraft Carriers, Troop Transport, AWACS Aircraft and other logistics are available.
- Friendly modern era aircraft patrol the area when enabled.
- Fight against modern era enemy air, sea and ground units

Korean War

- Fight against Korean War era enemy air, sea and ground units.
- Tankers, Aircraft Carriers, Troop Transport, AWACS Aircraft and other logistics are not available.
- JTAC drones are replaced with Korean War aircraft.
- Friendly Korean War era ambient aircraft patrol the area when enabled.
- Editable template units for random ambient traffic
- Editable template units for Korean War era convoys
- Radar station emplacements replace AWACS Aircraft to ensure proper EWRS functionality.
- Optional: WW2 Asset Pack can be enabled to utilize units from this paid module.

World War II

- Fight against World War II era enemy air, sea and ground units.
- Tankers, Aircraft Carriers, Troop Transport, AWACS Aircraft and other logistics are not available.
- JTAC drones are replaced with World War II aircraft.
- Friendly World War II era ambient aircraft patrol the area when enabled.
- Editable template units for World War II era convoys
- Radar station emplacements replace AWACS Aircraft to ensure proper EWRS functionality.
- Optional: WW2 Asset Pack can be enabled to utilize units from this paid module.

__

+ Added more units to the spawn pool lists and Zeus spawnable units list:
- ship_seawise_giant

- arty_smerch_he
- arty_plz05
- arty_t155_firtina
- arty_sau2

- aa_sam_nasams
- aa_sam_sa5

- cap_mosquito
- bombing_mosquito
- bombing_h6j

__

+ Added all WW2 Asset Pack Units to spawning pool/zeus list ONLY IF WW2 ASSET PACK OWNED AND ONLY WHEN ENABLED.

__

+ Fixed an issue with JTAC Drone Spawn for A2G Easy Mission 1.

Edited by deadlyfishes

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 10/06/21 - 1: v2.00b HOTFIX
All Maps:
~ Fixed an issue where the requested intel menu would repeat endlessly after the convoy mission spawns.

3 hours ago, Dauntless said:

Link? :dunno:

Link is on page 1 of the post, download link at the top or on TTI website.

• Thanks 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for stating the obvious, I'm fairly new to TTI. 

When spawning on the supercarrier deck with an F18, it seems my BVR loadout choice is limited to AIM7 and old AIM9. I'm a bit surprised, no amram no aim9X ? Is it intended or do I miss an option somewhere ? Is there a way to modify the preset loadouts ?

Thank you for your insights

I have noticed that none of my kills were logged to the pilot logbook, is this because the threats are generated dynamically? If so, is there a way to fix this?

@pixie Maybe you set the restriction flag in the mission editor/planner when configuring your loadout. Are you still able to select (all) A-A missiles without using the loadout preset?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Lukas2438 said:

I have noticed that none of my kills were logged to the pilot logbook, is this because the threats are generated dynamically? If so, is there a way to fix this?

@pixie Maybe you set the restriction flag in the mission editor/planner when configuring your loadout. Are you still able to select (all) A-A missiles without using the loadout preset?

Restriction flag ? We are making progress here, I'm not even aware of this parameter.

All I can do is selecting a (poor) loadout preset I see no ways of customizing my loadouts.  All I did in the mission Editor is adding 3 more slots on the carrier fo MP purpose. Is this a slot parameter or a general  option to set in the mission editor. I'm at work ATM, but I will check this evening.

Thank fou for tipping me in this direction Lukas

9 hours ago, pixie said:

Restriction flag ? We are making progress here, I'm not even aware of this parameter.

All I can do is selecting a (poor) loadout preset I see no ways of customizing my loadouts.  All I did in the mission Editor is adding 3 more slots on the carrier fo MP purpose. Is this a slot parameter or a general  option to set in the mission editor. I'm at work ATM, but I will check this evening.

Thank fou for tipping me in this direction Lukas

they added this in late September as a new feature, maybe you activated this somehow.

DCS_2021-11-05.png

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2021 at 6:37 PM, Clark88 said:

Some weapons like laser guided rockets have no damage after awhile when 'unlimited weapon' is enabled. Is this by design? Thanks

Sounds like a DCS bug. I may forward this information to the testers team if I can easily reproduce this.

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 10:37 PM, deadlyfishes said:

UPDATE 10/05/21 - 1: v2.00a
All Maps:
+ "TTI: Eras of War" Update:

TTI-Eras-of-War-Image-lol.png

This major update and overhaul to the TTI Mission adds a new "Mission Era" setting that allows you to instantly change the mission generation and ambient battlefield characteristics to a desired era of arial combat operations.
The following mission eras are available in this update:

Modern
- Generally the same settings and experiences as before in previous TTI missions
- Tankers, Aircraft Carriers, Troop Transport, AWACS Aircraft and other logistics are available.
- Friendly modern era aircraft patrol the area when enabled.
- Fight against modern era enemy air, sea and ground units

Korean War

- Fight against Korean War era enemy air, sea and ground units.
- JTAC drones are replaced with Korean War aircraft.
- Friendly Korean War era ambient aircraft patrol the area when enabled.
- Editable template units for Korean War era convoys

World War II

- Fight against World War II era enemy air, sea and ground units.
- JTAC drones are replaced with World War II aircraft.
- Friendly World War II era ambient aircraft patrol the area when enabled.
- Editable template units for World War II era convoys

__

+ Added more units to the spawn pool lists and Zeus spawnable units list:
- ship_seawise_giant

- arty_smerch_he
- arty_plz05
- arty_t155_firtina
- arty_sau2

- aa_sam_nasams
- aa_sam_sa5

- cap_mosquito
- bombing_mosquito
- bombing_h6j

__

+ Added all WW2 Asset Pack Units to spawning pool/zeus list ONLY IF WW2 ASSET PACK OWNED AND ONLY WHEN ENABLED.

__

+ Fixed an issue with JTAC Drone Spawn for A2G Easy Mission 1.

Wow, this looks awesome.

Any Chance to get a Cold-war (1960 - 1975) scenario with approptiate planes and weapons. I would love such a scenario and it would be great if it were possible to Run it on a Server. If both were Kind of doable, that would be awesome (I would need to edit The A4, F-104 and a few other cold war jets in and hope that this might be doable as well...)

Cheers,

PeeJott.

@deadlyfishes

Is it possible to use TTI in a dedicated Server and would it be o.k.? I'm only reading Singleplayer here always and if MP is The thing, one should visit the TTI-Servers. Regarding my question above, I would like to Run a modern Version of it on our squadron-server and an edited Cold-war Version on another Server. What do I have to do to make that happen?

Cheers,

PeeJott.

On 1/19/2022 at 4:32 AM, PeeJott17 said:

@deadlyfishes

Is it possible to use TTI in a dedicated Server and would it be o.k.? I'm only reading Singleplayer here always and if MP is The thing, one should visit the TTI-Servers. Regarding my question above, I would like to Run a modern Version of it on our squadron-server and an edited Cold-war Version on another Server. What do I have to do to make that happen?

Cheers,

PeeJott.

It's fine to run this mission in the dedicated app. Just make sure you're keeping it private for your community or group.

"Through The Inferno"

10 hours ago, deadlyfishes said:

It's fine to run this mission in the dedicated app. Just make sure you're keeping it private for your community or group.

Hi. That's pretty cool. When I want to change AI-Flights to other aircrafts (cold-war timeframe) and want to add in e.g. The F-104G mod as clients do I have to take special care of something? The same regarding ground-forces? Sorry for The questions, but before I break anything I guess it is better to ask 😉

Cheers,

Paul.

On 1/21/2022 at 3:24 AM, PeeJott17 said:

Hi. That's pretty cool. When I want to change AI-Flights to other aircrafts (cold-war timeframe) and want to add in e.g. The F-104G mod as clients do I have to take special care of something? The same regarding ground-forces? Sorry for The questions, but before I break anything I guess it is better to ask 😉

Cheers,

Paul.

Easy enough to add modded units to spawning pools; you'll just need to put in the mission editor a LATE ACTIVATED red unit that you want to show uup in the spawning pools, and add their entry where you want, so in the A2A_EASY: list you'll take note of the template plane you made, take its group name and add it to the list:

TemplateTable_EASY = {
"your custom group name here",
}

"Through The Inferno"