What is up with the AIM-9 Sidewinders?

winchesterdelta1

More and more people report a issue with the sidewinders or maybe the damage modelling.

Yesterday i fired 4 AIM-9M Sidewinders from my Harrier at a Flanker. All 4 missiles hit!

First two missiles i fired did minuscule damage. Rear aspect 1.5 miles away. First missile he did not maneuver at all. Second missile when he knew what was going on he did maneuver a bit, but not adequate enough. He could still fly normally.

Two last missiles did enough damage to to make him smoke and to see parts flying from his plane. But he kept flying with barely no issue's.

Next day i was flying the F-15. I got hit by a AIM-9 and had only minimal damage. I could feel the hit and see the explosion and should be a goner. But had no problem continuing with "all systems" still working. But i did had to trim out my plane a bit. Back at base the repair function did activate so i really had some damage.

Is this normal behavior?

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Something broke missiles in this patch. Yesterday I hit an F-15 with all 4 of my r60's, zero damage. Burst of cannon killed him.

Just now i went head on with f-15 again, this time in an Su-25A and hit with both R-60's, zero damage. After one circle his AIM-9 killed me in one hit.

Couple of days ago I was flying Flanker and got hit by 3 missiles, zero damage.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems that it's also with AIM-120C. Hit him first with AIM-120c only poof. But he was good. Then AIM-9 and again AIM-9 to finish him. It seems this happens when the missile comes from his rear end in an chasing shot. Any other shot causes is mostly catastrophic damage.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.