Impossible to have the Harrier when I launch my DCS

Skulleader

Hello guys,

This morning I want fly with my Harrier and when I launch my DCS 1.5.8.12667.412 'Stable version' or DCS 1.5.8.12667.412 "OpenBeta" impossible and I have these messages:

450731Bug01.jpg

427644Bug02.jpg

606636Bug03.jpg

308623Bug04.jpg

Please do you have on idea of my problem ?

I use the Harrier since the release but it's the first time that I have this problem, my internet is OK, one idea ?

In advance a great thanks, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader
  • Like 1

This morning, the DCS registry servers were not online. Maybe the Harrier wanted to call home today (3-day rhythm). Just a thought :)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X @ 4.7 MHz            Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX    Module: 64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR5 @ 3000        Video: RTX 4090 PALIT GameRock OC 24 GB

Monitor: SAMSUNG U28E590 @ 4K                      Other: HP Reverb G2 and WD Black SN850X                    The answers is ... 42!

Top of the forum:

Dear users! Due to second and the last in this year scheduled maintenance of the primary server, the DCS website, Module Manager, and Multiplayer (master server) services will be unavailable on Tuesday, December 19 starting at 06:00 UTC for a period of no more than 3 hours. The server's IP address will change, so we highly recommend that you update your DNS cache (run "ipconfig /flushdns" in Windows).

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

This morning, the DCS registry servers were not online. Maybe the Harrier wanted to call home today (3-day rhythm). Just a thought

Thanks guys, ok now I can use the Harrier...

Besr regards.

Requiring an internet connection and a live server to fly single-player offline is rather irritating, to be honest.

Absolutely and disrespectful :mad:

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Hi again,

Today everything is good, my DCS work fine but is it possible to know why just the Harrier's module was blocked and not all the modules or just DCS World ?

Is it possible to have an answer from ED's team ?

Thanks again, Skull.

it's absolutely inadmissible, we bought this module, so we must be able to use it when we want, online or OFFLINE :mad:

ED must correct this immediately.

Edited by clanitho

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

This system is totally unacceptable.

At least, we should have 3 days to play offline after a failed connection attempt, both solo and LAN.

I would still don't like it, but at least the guys who want to play after more than 3 days and have an internet connection problem could play.

The guys who want to physically gather for a LAN (during airshow for demonstration = promotion) could do it.

14612740912_4e14ac31fd_b.jpgCockpit Tursiop by redskin83, sur Flickr

Air show LAN inside aircraft shelter on air force base, it's not DCS, but with current DRM system it will never be.

And there are plenty more cases where a guy may go away for a long time, in some remote place, without internet connection for weeks or months, and yet may be able to bring HOTAS and lap top to kill spare time (I used to do it).

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I'm with you also jojo, this kind of protection will protect me to buy another module ...

One question, the "old" module like k50, a10..same thing ?

Gigabyte P35 DS3L - Core2Duo 8400 @ 3600mgz - 2*2 giga dual Corsair Dominator - Palit HD4870 512mo - WD Sata 2 Caviar 500 & 320 giga & Raptor 150 giga- XP pro et Windows 7 64

Hotas Warthog - Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - Track Ir 5

AV8B HARRIER module is working now.

Didn't see anything weird

Maybe a new attempt could be done?

see you

The problem happened when DCS server went down. The client who legally bought his module a fair amount of money has no control over this kind of issue.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

It is most certainly under review, stay tuned, the new DRM system is a WIP.

it's not acceptable even during WIP.

• Like 1

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Like said above this kind of DRM is counter productive for ED .

It is a regression for customers and a non sense in this small market.

A very volatile market....

Disapoint your core customers isn't a good solution to develop your business model...

And core customers quick make up their mind about compagnies using this kind of solution..

EA - Ubis soft - Microsoft ....

Not the way of "business history" even steam has a full offline sytem ...

I hope ED ll make the good choice for theirs customers for us and so for themselves

Edited by GhostriderC6
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's Early Access for the Harrier, things will change, evolve and be bumpy during this time, its to be expected.

Hello guys ;)

Yes one other solution would be possible and good, of course we live in the modern countries but if your servers are down we cannot noe more flight, if our home internet is down (it happens often where I live) no more DCS :cry:

It's really a big problem because this flight simulator is our passion but today in this state maybe not the best way to protected DCS World...

I don't know for the other members but according to the city you are in in France internet is not perfect and without this technology impossible to use DCS World :helpsmilie:

I hope that one good solution will be found, guys from all around the world I wish you a very good Merry Christmas ;-) Skull :thumbup:

Like said above this kind of DRM is counter productive for ED .

It is a regression for customers and a non sense in this small market.

A very volatile market....

Disapoint your core customers isn't a good solution to develop your business model...

And core customers quick make up their mind about compagnies using this kind of solution..

EA - Ubis soft - Microsoft ....

Not the way of "business history" even steam has a full offline sytem ...

I hope ED ll make the good choice for theirs customers for us and so for themselves

ABSOLUTELY !!

I was more than excited about the Harrier and ready to buy but I finally did not buy it, and I will not.

When I play DCS (or any other game/sim), I want to have good time and fun, and not frustration.

Sorry ED, if you are comfortable enough to lose customers, up to you ....

Edited by bolt69
  • Like 1

The least of it, would have been to prevent before the provision. Not to leave the surprise to the customer.

It is clear to me that with this kind of protection that does not leave me free to play, when I want it, I will go my way.

I am on the serie since Flanker. But this...:joystick::helpsmilie::spam_laser::bomb: :furious: :pain::censored:

:poster_oops:

Sorry i use google translate.

It is most certainly under review, stay tuned, the new DRM system is a WIP.

It's Early Access for the Harrier, things will change, evolve and be bumpy during this time, its to be expected.

Ok, i'll wait more customer friendly évolutions to start again buying Ed products... (Included Harrier)

thank.